• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'WFT' for another season? WTF!!!

oh contraire

Does the league vote on the name?
No. The other owners will not vote on whatever the organization decides, but the NFL must approve the name. Multiple sources said Snyder has been in discussions with the league about a possible name change for three weeks.

When Tennessee changed its name, it worked in conjunction with the league office. Reese said the league had names on hand that had been tested and reviewed, including the Titans. He also said there was a group in Tennessee that wanted the name Rebels.....

Just call it the Washington Football Club. I like that the studio guys mostly say Redskins now and I would like it to stay that way.

I am a fan of how Jason speaks to us.

This is just like how we do it here. "You're worked up over a rumor? Really?" type talk.

He does a lot of bullshit ‘corporate speak’ about how much the organizational culture is evolving that I could do without. I think until Snyder’s gone it’s all lipstick on a pig. But that’s not Wrights fault which I get.

I did like how he set that rumor straight.

I like how fans were telling him to pick up people in draft or free agency...I forget which one. but, he was like "for the front office?"

people don't think before they speak and its nice to see someone let them know it.

I like how fans were telling him to pick up people in draft or free agency...I forget which one. but, he was like "for the front office?"

people don't think before they speak and its nice to see someone let them know it.

yeah that was good

I’m probably biased because I’ve been at that kind of corporate level and know there’s a huge divide between what an organization puts out there to be ‘consumed’ and what the facts/reality really are. I don’t like feeling like I’m being ‘massaged’. He’s a little too slick and polished for my liking but we’ll see over time if any or all of what he’s messaging is real or not.

WFC can be made into a good logo. And realistically the league now wants all of the teams to name themselves after animals or mythological figures so anyone waiting for a more meaningful name is only wasting their time.

I thought they should have gone with WFC instead of WFT from the beginning.

I think something that is not getting talked about enough is the fact that 40% stake in the team is likely for sale.... all of the minority owners found potential buyers and Snyder blocked 1 of them.

I say all that to say, these 'new' owners will likely want a seat at the table when choosing the new name and that's very possibly a big hang up here in the process. It's about time for another slander article to drop about Snyder as well as another update on the billionaire drama regarding the purchase / sale of the non-Snyder stake in the franchise. I don't think we should rule out the possibility that the name change won't get concluded until the minority owner situation is worked out.

He does a lot of bullshit ‘corporate speak’ about how much the organizational culture is evolving that I could do without. I think until Snyder’s gone it’s all lipstick on a pig. But that’s not Wrights fault which I get.

I did like how he set that rumor straight.
Yep, we're always going to be limited until his funeral.

You'd think the RG3 bromance mess up would have given him pause, but instead he fell in love with another pet and selected Haskins.

Snyder is our Jerruh. Until he dies...there will be a ceiling.

On the list of things I am concerned with, the name of the team is deep down on the list.

When the Redskins moniker was lost due to pussified social pressure the damage was done.

I’d prefer they just stay with Football Team as I will stay with Redskins.

don't look now!

1614107240504.png

Looks like they plan on having the new name in place for the 2022 season (or league year)

Hopefully, the new name like the Caps and Nationals has some tie in with the Washington area and/or American history and not simply a flying mammal or a mythic Roman or Greek god.

When marketing firms are involved you’d better be prepared for anything

I am pretty much over the BS of all of this.

Just pick a name, let me hate it for a season. I will continue calling them the Redskins no matter what. My friends all know I call them the Redskins, and nobody will stop me from calling them that or wearing that gear.

So, just get it done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.