• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'WFT' for another season? WTF!!!

I don’t think the organization understands what is most important to fans. If they did, they would not have changed the name.

I will say this though. The fact they are keeping the name for another year is smart. As the tweet a few posts above points out, keeping the temporary name will lessen the blow of the new name.

Idiotic.

Rip the band-aid off and get the new name out there. The longer they draw this out the worse a new name change will be.

Unless, of course, they plan on keeping WFT forever ... which is also idiotic.

With two full years to lock in a brand, they will have no excuses for coming up with something lame.

Haven't been hearing much about that ... as in what legal wrangling might be going on over trademark, who is being consulted in terms of logo, overall branding, etc. Probably a good thing it's being done quietly.

Keeping the name as "Football Team" essentially kills any attention paid to the team by outsiders.

That's exactly what Snyder wants while his little scandal is unresolved.

Oh, they're paying attention now.

Is it okay to admit that I have reached a point where I am fine with Washington Football Team? I know it is not ideal, but if anything, it allows us more so than any other name to still cling to "Redskins" somewhat. A full on name change will separate us from our past more than anything. Assuredly, it would bring new uniform designs, etc, that the 20 something crowd on Twitter would eat up to bits. But is that the end goal?

For me, I want things as simple as possible. Have the change, whatever it may be, somehow still reflect the fact that we are still "that Redskins team." Secondly, keep the uniforms exactly as they are. This helps in that regard. Finally, keep winning games. A part of me believes that if we can sneak in the playoffs this year and build off that in 2021, people will rally around the team with no name and the organization will be hard pressed to move off it.

The Cleveland Indians are going to change their name, too.

I expect the Braves, Chiefs, and possibly even Seminoles to have to change due to PC pressure.

I expect the Braves, Chiefs, and possibly even Seminoles to have to change due to PC pressure.

Everything’s fair game nowadays and it’s quite sad really.

Apparently there’s another stupid name in the running. Instead of ‘team’ it’d be ‘club’

This is where none of this **** makes sense. We’re told that we’re naive to think the team could come up with a new name and roll it out a year later. And then we hear that the team hasn’t decided on a name but that, you know, it’ll be rolled out about a year from now.

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

This is where none of this **** makes sense. We’re told that we’re naive to think the team could come up with a new name and roll it out a year later. And then we hear that the team hasn’t decided on a name but that, you know, it’ll be rolled out about a year from now.

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense.

it appears i was wrong.

Well, wasn’t referring to you brother - but you gotta ask - how long does it take and if it’s a year why don’t we already know the new name?

I think whoever suggested it’s a strategy to numb any pushback when they do announce was on to something. I already don’t give a damn what it turns out to be :)

I don’t know how much of a difference it makes but FSU makes a significant yearly financial contribution to the Seminole tribe of Florida.

Well, wasn’t referring to you brother - but you gotta ask - how long does it take and if it’s a year why don’t we already know the new name?

I think whoever suggested it’s a strategy to numb any pushback when they do announce was on to something. I already don’t give a damn what it turns out to be :)

I know, but i'll wear the shirt when i'm wrong..

It's possible, and the fact that we could have our first shipment of new t-shirts say "Division Champs" on them may push them to make a decision sooner rather than later.

I don’t know how much of a difference it makes but FSU makes a significant yearly financial contribution to the Seminole tribe of Florida.
I don't know, either. I do know that about FSU and not trying to say anything about them.

But, the SDSU Aztecs had permission as well and used a real Aztec as their mascot. he looked really cool and kind of intimidating. but, someone was "offended" and next think you know we got ol Monty the Montezuma out there.

Look, this team is not on many national broadcasts because it has been a loser not because it is now the WFT.

The Carolina game has already been flexed to prime time with us at 6-8 and at the top of the worst division in memory.

Imagine if we started 11-0 like the Steelers.

By 6-0 we would be headliners.

You can call a team the dog*******s and if it is 12-2 with Mahomes at qb no one cares.

The freaking Mighty Ducks won a Stanley Cup!

That’s true - but only to an extent. Lots of fans care about the name and where they land with it. Will they quit the team if they hate it? Some probably will, most will not. But most will care to a certain extent.

I’m thinking the main reason a new name hasn’t been publicized is the organization is waiting on the bombshell fallout. Basically if Dan is forced to sell and or goes to jail for any of it. At this point it’s still meh to me

The team controls the franchise name, not the league so I can’t see that having anything to do with it.

True but if the team’s ownership is in transition wouldn’t the league take a temporary hold on it? I freely admit I don't know the answer but if the league has had enough of Dan’s shit they may want the new owner in place to fit the name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.