• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Great Movies That Others Might Enjoy, Or Ones To Avoid

The Rob Zombie version? The first 20 minutes are a bit rough but overall me and the Mrs. enjoyed it, campy as hell and kinda carny but we found it fun. It was odd at first with it being a prequel though.

Herman didn't sound, look, or even act like the tv show. Only lily was really any good to me.

Bullet train is actually a good movie. Nothing overly impressive, but a good cast and worth the watch.

Watched Violent Night, actually a really good suspense/horror/comedy doesn't take itself too seriously but serious enough.

Recommend ‘The Survivor’ - (mostly) true story of a Jew who was forced to fight other Jews to the death in a Nazi concentration camp, and later was a professional boxer in the US. Barry Levinson directs. Definitely worth a watch.

Watched M3GAN last week, it's what you'd expect a B+ type horror/suspense flick, some of it's spot on societally though, it's a rental at best and a take on the old scary doll trope but with a much more modern flair.

Yeah - I watched it. It had some funny lines but I thought it was pretty disappointing overall. In terms of AI going wrong, I loved 'Ex Machina', which was a lot more intelligent look at what might happen if you had superintelligence in android form. From my youth, I was a big fan of both 'Colossus: The Forbin Project' and especially 'The Demon Seed'.

Forgot about Ex-Machina there was just something about the ending I felt was rushed. Colossus I know of because I went through a 70's movie binge about a decade ago, I dug it.

Creed 3, it's "ok" there's an interesting plot twist but overall it's a rental, it just doesn't quite have the full Rocky/Creed feel to it and the final fight might be my least favorite except for Rocky 5.

Knock at the Cabin, I know many are not fans of M. Night Shyamalan and quite frankly he is a hit or miss but I enjoyed Knock at the Cabin, another rental movie but to me worth a watch.

I will watch it when available outside of the theaters because I just don’t trust him and I no longer find the movie going experience enjoyable.

That said, Servant, his project on Apple TV done in conjunction with his daughter is pretty good.

I watched a very interesting flick the other day. 'Lamb' starring the actress who played in the 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' movies.. Noomi Rapace.

It's not your typical movie. Reminded me a bit of 'The Witch'. You will think about it for awhile after watching.

For those of you with children, I recommend 'Astronaut' with Richard Dreyfuss. Heartwarming story of a guy in his final days who wins a lottery to participate in a commercial space mission. Worth your time.

Watched The Pope's Exorcist yesterday, it's just a decent 80's style horror film. Nothing to write home about but a fun 90 minutes.

So, we do A LOT of younger movies here now....for obvious reasons

Dungeons and dragons movie. It's the one with Chris Pine. If you played or are in to RPGs it is a pretty good movie. Nothing over the top plot or CGI, but was fun seeing characters come to life and an adventure

So, we do A LOT of younger movies here now....for obvious reasons

Dungeons and dragons movie. It's the one with Chris Pine. If you played or are in to RPGs it is a pretty good movie. Nothing over the top plot or CGI, but was fun seeing characters come to life and an adventure

I'll check it out, I enjoyed the Super Mario Bro's movie, sometimes a good lighter hearted movie is a nice break

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.