• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Made roasted chicken last night in a new, different way. I preheated the oven with my carbon steel pan in it to 450. Once heated I put the whole chicken in and left it there until it hit 120 (about 30 minutes ish) and then turned the oven off until it hit 160. I took it out of the oven and let it rest until it got to 165 and while it rested I made a nice pan sauce with white wine and butter.

Really good.

Tacos on the grill last night, man so good. I marinated some chicken thighs in lime juice, copious amounts of garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, and cumin for a couple of hours. Then, after a dusting of chili-lime rub, cooked them on the grill with some flour tortillas. Assembled with the sliced chicken with some more lime juice, some fresh salsa, cilantro, avocado, and a sauce made with sour cream, lime,hot sauce, and a few spices. Really good.

Wow I suck at keeping this going. :D

Made bagels yesterday afternoon, turned out fairly well though they certainly don't look as good as store-bought ones. Taste great though. Then made turkey sausage patties with fresh rosemary and fennel fronds - turned out very well. Cooked up some scrambeled eggs in a small pan till they set, topped with shredded cheese and covered for 2 minutes until melted.

Bagel sandwiches were on point. Hash Browns from the Farmer's Market on the side.

I made Carnitas for the first time last week and I'm not sure why it took me so long to make them. Stupid. Essentially, dice up (1 inch pieces) a boneless pork shoulder and marinade in a citrus/chili mix then cook it around 250 for 3-ish hours, pull the pork when it's fork-tender and reduce the sauce/marinade/drippings - then pull the pork, put it back in and broil for 10 minutes or so to crisp up.

Good God.

We had some dinner guests so I made a 7 layer dip and some other stuff but the carnitas were stunningly good. That one's going on regular rotation.

Proud to say my daughter is quite a cook. She recently made a pasta dish for me that I did a pretty good job of replicating tonight.

Basically an anchovy pasta. I squeezed and zested a couple of lemons, added olive oil, chopped fresh garlic, capers, fresh parsley and cilantro, salt, and the anchovies. Tossed with pasta and topped with some Parmesan. Really a nice simple dish.

20DE1098-729F-45E7-859E-F6B3A4B8F94D.jpeg

Believe it or not, they just add a background flavor, not intense at all (although if you don’t like anchovies, probably wouldn’t enjoy it).

Biria Tacos tonight. Slow cooking Beef Chuck with dried chilis - gonna be great. Will have with refried beans, guac and pico.

I'm making a tweaked version of Italian Wedding Soup today. Italian meatballs, rotini, chicken stock, onion, garlic, kale, yellow squash, carrots, cabbage, green beans, kidney beans and chick peas, and some canned tomatoes. Rainy day food.

Just made a bomb ass chicken and dumplings with canned biscuits.

Diced carrots, celery in chicken broth
Added 4 diced chicken breasts

White pepper, black pepper, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, heavy whipping cream

Flattened biscuits with rolling pin and flour then diced up & added for the last 10 or so minutes.

First time making it and turned out pretty good!

Good ole fashioned roast beef, potatoes and carrots. Couple slices of buttered bread rounded it out.

Carnitas w/ homemade salsa and pickled red onions.

Attachments

• 33848.jpeg
    33848.jpeg
    666.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 33826.jpeg
    33826.jpeg
    636 KB · Views: 54
  • 33852 (1).jpeg
    33852 (1).jpeg
    538.3 KB · Views: 64
You guys should do a cooking podcast during the bye week.

That could be a lot of fun

Okay the fish by itself is outstanding. I tried adding the seasoning to the egg but not sure what happened there cause I couldn’t taste it.

Basically I dipped each fish piece in flour, then dipped in egg/seasoning, then dipped in mushed up crackers before frying.

If anyone has a seasoning style for frying fish that holds its taste I’d love to hear it.

Edit: FFS I used the wrong ‘flour’, lol

Last edited:
Okay the fish by itself is outstanding. I tried adding the seasoning to the egg but not sure what happened there cause I couldn’t taste it.

Basically I dipped each fish piece in flower, then dipped in egg/seasoning, then dipped in mushed up crackers before frying.

If anyone has a seasoning style for frying fish that holds its taste I’d love to hear it.

I would skip the flour, salt and pepper the fish 30 minutes before coating, egg wash, and then coat in panko breadcrumbs mixed with any other seasoning Of your choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.