• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Made a Walnut Pasta with fresh fettucine last night that was incredible. Essentially, grind up walnuts (leave some larger pieces, but get it pretty fine) and mix with cream and parm and viola. It was exceptional.

Tonight I'm going to try a lemon-pesto pasta with fresh spaghetti. The wife doesn't like lemon as much as the rest of us (I'm not sure what that means either) but she does like Pasta Al Limone which is similar to this. We'll see...

Hmm... not sure the walnut pasta appeals to me but I do eat a salad occasionally that has walnuts, strawberries, and feta on it so maybe I’d be surprised.

The lemon pasta sounds awesome. My daughter does a very simple pasta sometimes with just olive oil, a little lemon juice, and some anchovy in it. It’s surprisingly good.

Your daughter's recipe sounds like Pasta al Limone and it's one of my favs. The one I made last night was very good, but the lemon flavor wasn't as pronounced as I would have liked. I put some zest in the pasta water and I think I'll amp that up next time, along with some more zest in the sauce.

Live and learn.

Just made grilled pork chops finished in a mushroom gravy with perogies on the side

similar to this

Last edited:
I grilled some Chilean sea bass, served with grilled fresh pineapple and some air fried broccoli with Italian dressing

Had a fun dinner last night, made snacky dinner. Spinach-Artichoke Dip, homemade hushpuppies and a pizza dip. The pizza dip was cool - I used pizza dough, divided into 30-some pieces and rolled into balls, then dipped into melted butter with pizza spices. I put them in a ring around a cast-iron skillet and cooked for 20 minutes until browned. Meanwhile I mixed pizza sauce, cream cheese, shredded mozzarella and spices then put that in the middle of the skillet and baked for 10 minutes. The pizza balls pulled apart for dipping - pretty great and the kids loved it.

Pork shoulder with baked potatoes & carrots. Homemade bread with lemon sponge cake for desert.

Gonna try some cauliflower tacos where the cauliflower is simmered in coconut milk, then dressed with a coleslaw with some coconut milk. Probably tomorrow, we'll - been looking forward to this one since I aw the recipe.

I overslept Sunday and as a result, I did a planned brisket on the smoker but at 'high heat' (which isn't really 'high', but 300-325 degrees) which allowed me to cook a 10 lb brisket flat in under 4 hours. You'd think it would be tough, but honestly, not sure I could tell any difference from one cooked at lower temps.

I'm always looking for something to do with leftover brisket. I often do chili, and chili with brisket is pretty damn good. I've also done a potato hash brown thing with cheese and brisket which is also good. Decided I'm going to do a Shepherd's Pie with brisket and homemade mashed potatoes with some jalapeno and cheese in them.

We're in Nag's Head for Spring Break and we went clamming with the kids on Tuesday. Got about 40 clams or so and cooked them up Wednesday - they were pretty great. Just did a simple garlic wine sauce and made some focaccia bread to go with to sop up the sauce. It was all terrific, made even better with the 2010-12 vertical of Cab Franc I got from a local winery.

I normally find the 'BBQ Pit Boys' on Facebook and other social media sites a bit much for my liking. But I was intrigued by a recent video they did on Birria Tacos. Basically, the filling is made with cooking a cheap cut of beef, onion, garlic, beef stock, some tomatoes, dried mexican chiles, and spices in a dutch oven for 3-4 hours. The beef is shredded. Then dipping corn tortillas in the oily liquid left over, you fry them on a griddle, flip them and fill with the meat and some mexican cheese. That part of the process was very easy. And the most important part is making the dipping sauce with some of the liquid from the dutch oven, some diced onion, lime juice, and cilantro. Pretty great and I could see doing all kinds of meat fillings/mixtures with it. I made so much I sent my wife to work today with lunch for her ravenous nurse buddies.

FA0161EB-33EE-4CB5-BF19-B5B6D6945B97.jpeg

04B61848-F624-416E-BC3B-93BCE096B3B0.jpeg

Made pita bread and homemade hummus-type dip (think chickpeas whole + yogurt + tahini + lemon) and that was excellent. Threw in some stuffed grape leaves for good measure and everything was fantastic.

Gonna try Philly Cheesesteaks tonight. Rolls are rising now, got sirloin tips and American and Provolone cheeses ready to go.

Oooh, it was good. I shaved the sirloin tips, cooked on cast iron for a few quick seconds, topped with cheese and a top to achieve good melting. Then added carmelized onions and cooked peppers. Bread was slightly too soft, that was the only problem at all, I'll fix it next time.

Made some chicken Alfredo and a baguette to swipe in it. Little short in Fredo sauce so augmented with cream cheese, pretty tasty

Last edited:
I did a shrimp scampi linguine last night and homemade garlic/parmesan bread sticks. It was pretty damn good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.