• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Lol...pictures ain't gonna happen. Unnecessary - and food totally amazing.

Just do it.

Restaurants use a seasoning called "Jerk Seasoning". (Jamaican) Go to the international aisle in a store that may carry it or check with a restaurant supply co. May have to get the restaurant to order you a 16 oz size.

Fear - you inspired me. Doing jerked chicken - used whole chicken parts marinated in mix of chopped green onions, grated ginger (lots of it), fresh thyme, crushed allspice berries and cloves, soy, sliced habanero pepper, soy sauce, a little Coca Cola, splash of olive oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a1ec86faae532929a50b1e13f0151ada.jpg

Finished product - taste test coming...

94e9acbe3745dfb59fecfed76452fbb9.jpg

And it was amazing

Fear - did you end up jerkin' it? :) And if so, how'd it turn out...

Well - the fresh ginger, thyme, and fresh crushed allspice berries and habanero really made it delicious, and I only marinated for a couple of hours.

Still plannin on makin the Jamaican Jerk, but today I was in the mood for a "Thai Peanut" theme. Needed something easy, and it's also oh so delicious.
It's an overnight marinade of chicken with Chunky Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce, Coconut Oil, Curry, Chopped Raw Garlic, and Cayenne

Picture0629171752951.jpgPicture0629171755951.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty much on my own this 4th of July evening, but won't stop me from eating well. I'm going to do some beef tenderloin on the grill. Very simple method that is amazing. Basically put the tenderloins in a deep foil pan, add some melted butter, turn to coat, and then literally cover the entire surface of the tenderloins in lemon pepper. Add a few sticks of butter to the pan and baste the tenderloins as they cook. Not healthy in any way, but so damn good. Baked potatoes to go with.

Anyone doing anything interesting today?

And where the hell is Goaldeje these days?

Fear I'm looking for a thai peanut sauce for the peanut chicken I get at the thai place. Need a recipe, got one? I never heard of them marinating, but its a smooth peanut sauce they make.

Fear I'm looking for a thai peanut sauce for the peanut chicken I get at the thai place. Need a recipe, got one? I never heard of them marinating, but its a smooth peanut sauce they make.

I fell in love with the Thai Peanut Sauce, some time ago, and then recently the idea occurred to me, what if you could marinate the chicken in something like that, so the peanut flavor is soaked into the whole thing.
So, I just started searching the net for things to add to the peanut butter to create the marinade.
Are you looking to make your own peanut dipping sauce, separate from the chicken. or a peanut marinade ?

Pretty much on my own this 4th of July evening, but won't stop me from eating well. I'm going to do some beef tenderloin on the grill. Very simple method that is amazing. Basically put the tenderloins in a deep foil pan, add some melted butter, turn to coat, and then literally cover the entire surface of the tenderloins in lemon pepper. Add a few sticks of butter to the pan and baste the tenderloins as they cook. Not healthy in any way, but so damn good. Baked potatoes to go with.

Anyone doing anything interesting today?

And where the hell is Goaldeje these days?
Late to the dance, but....

Good lean beef, and real butter. Nothing unhealthy there. Unless you're eating it 3 times a day, 7 days a week. And even then, previous generations lived off that kind of food for decades. And, obesity, diabetes, and snowflakeness was far less prevalent than today.
Just sayin'.

Just the wife and I on the 4th. Rack of baby backs, rubbed, slow cooked on the grill for 6 hours. Stubbs BBQ sauce the last half hour. Scalloped taters. Cole slaw. Yuengling.

America!

Thanks to men like you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.