• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'WFT' for another season? WTF!!!

I would be a very bad owner in regards to PR. From the jump I woulda told the wokes who’ve been whining about the name to look both ways before they GFTS’s.

Agree with Boone that Wright has done the team no favors in the renaming fiasco. At this rate I’d bet against ANY animal mascots because fear of future PETA backlash. Only 1/2 kidding about it too.

I’m expecting the name to be something so generic it will be confusing and uninspiring to root for. Like pants on head stupid.

Hearsay and all but ‘Guardians’?

Edit: Disregard, that’s new new name of the former Cleveland Indians. Strike another win up for the wokes

Last edited:
Guardians?

Oof. I thought it was the gardeners.

This didn't have to take 2 plus years to figure out. The team, which previously was reckless in a lot of things they did, is now over cautious and deliberating.

At least we are not going to take a name from an existing sports franchise (Warriors) and hopefully we will come up with something unique to DC as Cleveland did.

Well after seeing what the Cleveland Guardians came up with for a name and logo, I for one am glad we're taking out time...

(I will of course redact that if our name and logo turns out to be complete trash!)

I have this feeling that it's going to be Wolves/Redwolves or something in that vein. There seems to be a lot of 'subliminal-esque' messaging with that theme in it.

Honestly, as controversial as this is... I'm kind of now attached to jest being the Washington Football Team. I like the no nonsense approach to it.
As I've said before though, this maybe because I'm a Brit and I'm used to soccer clubs not really having names, so for me it seems pretty normal.

Obviously the new name, whatever it is, is just not going to please everyone. But ten years down the line after we've won a few more superbowls and are a wonderfully successful franchise again, this will all be forgotten.

I have seen 'Commanders' being floated as possibly one of the 3. What does that even MEAN? I understand it has some vague military connotation, but as an NFL franchise name?

I really don't get it.

My sense is that there is widespread support for simply 'Wolves'. Seems like a no brainer. It 'semi-satisfies' the vocal 'Redwolves' crowd, is logo and swag friendly, alliterative, and isn't going to offend or upset anyone.

Yeah but does that shithead name squatter already own ‘Wolves’ though?

Valid question. I suspect, there will be squatters that have to be dealt with no matter what name they come up with. Except maybe 'Belters'. There aren't even squatters stupid enough to spend money on sitting on that name :)

I'm so tired of the whole name debate, I'd accept 'Redwolves' happily at this point. I never thought I'd reach that point but I have.

I get it, but Redwolves is on the no list for me. Is there even wolves left in the area, that aren’t in a zoo? I swear we’re in a time so bizarre and stupid I could see PETA protesting Redwolves because reasons.

Out of every possible name I’ve heard so far ‘Wolves’ rings the least shittiest imho.

That name squatter has been very vocal on multiple public forums that he will not restrict the team from having any of the names he controls...

Kind of weird - today I suggested on Twitter that 'Wolves' might be the least objectionable of alternatives, at least when compared to the recently floated 'Commanders'. I had a guy come after me on it. He's actually a 'Fan Ambassador' according to his Twitter profile. He tried to cast me as a disgruntled 'Redwolves' advocate. When I pointed out that I not only wasn't that guy, but had been a harsh critic of Redwolves as a name, he more or less called me a liar.

Not sure 'Fan Ambassadors' should be in the business of shutting down fan feedback on a new name on social media, but he was semi-crazy in not letting it go. Good luck to us if these guys have any sway in choosing a new name. Prepare for something really goofy.

I want to get a Twitter account for the sole reason of trolling assholes like that. I’m still not sure what a fan ambassador is either

The new Ring of Fame. Admittedly.. sad the logos are gone, but it looks clean.

I’m thinking once the new name goes into effect the team will give it a year for the REDSKIN paraphernalia purge to begin. Bet ya a $20 bill from Boone’s wallet REDSKINS will be outlawed in 2023.

I’m thinking once the new name goes into effect the team will give it a year for the REDSKIN paraphernalia purge to begin. Bet ya a $20 bill from Boone’s wallet REDSKINS will be outlawed in 2023.

They have no reason to do that - none. No one else in the NFL cares whether fans wear Redskins gear, including Roger Goodell. It won't happen. They know that as time goes on, there will be less and less reason for fans to wear the old stuff. And $20 on it is fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.