• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'WFT' for another season? WTF!!!

But there is nothing like a good fight on social media about it.

I tend to agree with Boone's general thought on this: They've drug it out so long, that they'll over think it and it will be something very lame/dumb.

Like a prisoner on death row who found out there was no stay coming from the Governor…

Let’s just get it over with already and move on.

When so many of the beat reporters said it was down to three, that seemed concrete. The names on the display screen at FedEx were mostly names chosen at random. Again, I thought all of this was obvious and now we know.

He seems to enjoy all of the rampant rumors and misinformation. Why not just definitively announce the list from which they will choose? Otherwise, maybe just shut up and avoid creating all of the drama :)

Honestly I just prefer to keep Washington Football Team. Though I think as much as I prefer it its unlikely, too much money to be made with a new name that you can actually market and create merchandise around.

These suck.

Agreed. I am not a fan of Red Wolves at all, but that is about the only one on the list that will generate some excitement amongst a decent portion of this fan base.

My bet says it will be Commanders though.

At the end of the day, I feel like this whole process has been one of trying to paint a picture that the fan input matters, but in reality, they are going to go do what they want regardless.

There’s a 50-50 chance Tanya Snyder is totally wrong. I think she’s about as close to being a real CEO as I am. She’s only out front because she’s not personally the devil, and she’ll get the kid glove treatment from the press.

I don’t know where I’ll be if they pick a name that I just find stupid or embarrassing. For me, after 2+ years to come up with something good, might be my last straw.

We came up with better choices in a 60 minute podcast than these people seemingly have…

Fwiw

1631062205832.png

That said, I would be very surprised if there was not 'some' truth to these names being an option. Misdirection is one thing... having the acting CEO come out and flat out lie would be a whole other level. It may end up being Wolves, or Warthogs, or some variation of these, but that would kind of be a whole new level of low to have her specifically identify names and it not be one of those in the end.

Not very bright of Mrs. Snyder to reignite this shit on the Tuesday before the opener.

That said, I would be very surprised if there was not 'some' truth to these names being an option. Misdirection is one thing... having the acting CEO come out and flat out lie would be a whole other level. It may end up being Wolves, or Warthogs, or some variation of these, but that would kind of be a whole new level of low to have her specifically identify names and it not be one of those in the end.

Yeah… I agree. I can’t see them telling bald-faced lies repeatedly. And there’s this other option - just shut the hell up about it. Now there’s a concept.

Okay...so fool them into believing that it is one of the 8 on the list and then drop something out of left field on the fans that nobody saw coming.

Based on the 8 on that list, I don't for one second think they are smart enough to pleasantly surprise us with a slam dunk name. In fact, I fear it might be even worse than the ones we are being teased with!

well if you want to read into any of the comments by Jason Wright regarding copyright issues.

Defenders - XFL team
Armada - Nissan SUV
Commander(s) - Jeep SUV.. I guess if the 's' is there you can get away with it.

Watch them come out with something random like Blue Herons or Lovers. lol

They are so tone deaf. And I don’t just mean about the potential names. They are dragging this around like it’s building excitement. It’s not. It’s just beating loyal fans into the ground and making us less excited about the team. Plus, like Boone said, to do this now just days before your opener when everyone is looking forward to the season is just dumb.

Couldn’t agree more. Wright has lost a lot of good will with me.

Any name they pick is going to suck. There is zero chance that feels like a good name when changing the name of a franchise that has been around for almost 100 years. I would prefer Washington Football Team to just stay, but there is zero chance they go with that as the marketing is so much more limited.

I dont see Commanders, or names like it, as an option as you need a name they can be shortened. It really cant be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.