• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'WFT' for another season? WTF!!!

They have no reason to do that - none. No one else in the NFL cares whether fans wear Redskins gear, including Roger Goodell. It won't happen. They know that as time goes on, there will be less and less reason for fans to wear the old stuff. And $20 on it is fine :)

Well there’s also no good reason for the team to get rid of the name redskins either but they’re going all-in on scrubbing the fixtures from the stadium. Goodell is the same dirtbag who fined us for ‘violating’ a nonexistent cap so I’d trust his word about as much as a politicians.

We’re living in a time that hardly anything makes sense nowadays and imo if the team can distance itself from the redskin era they sure as poop will. Hell they’ve been too scared to reveal the new name for over 1yr now because they’re afraid it’ll offend something.

The crazy thing to me is the Redskins are the Redskins up until a few years ago. Changing the history is impossible. If the Team thinks going forward it should use a different name, fine. We had that fight and lost. I know the trend in society is to rewrite history and pretend some things never happened. But every single one of us watches those guys play for the Redskins. We saw the Redskins win Super Bowls. Trying to go back and act like they played for the Football Team is a joke. This is where poor leadership causes problems. He’s been poor on this all along even if we thought his “I will never” was the right thing to say. We all knew he was weak and would cave and not in the right way. The whole “EST in 1932” is a perfect example. No it wasn’t. It was established in 2020. It was the Redskins up until that point. Johnny Unitas didn’t play for the Ravens, he played for the Colts. Sonny Jurgensen played for the Redskins, not a nameless team. It’s all so ridiculous.

Guys. When they stop fans wearing Redskins jerseys and gear from attending games, or remove all references to ‘Redskins’ and the logo from the HOF - then it’s fair game to gut them for it. But they haven’t. When they do, I’ll get excited about it. Until then, just seems like wasted energy.

FedEx colors conspicuously removed from top of the stadium

Names mentioned in the video:

Presidents
Brigade
Redhogs
Washington Football Team
Commanders
Armada
Defenders
Redwolves

I guess I could live with 'Defenders' or 'Brigade', but if I had to pick one of those it would be 'Redwolves', and that's a testament to how bad these names are. And what in God's name is a 'Redhog'. The fact they are even floating that is embarrassing.

They are totally going to miss out on the chance to be the Washington F.C.

DCFC. Brand, much?

That it's not even a whisper is a crying shame.

That or a closely guarded secret.

I don’t think any of the ‘DC’ options have ever been on the table for whatever reason.

Am I the only one who feels like their fandom could hinge on the new name?

Rationally, I know it doesn’t matter, but emotionally, if it’s something I think is patently stupid (Commanders apparently is actually in the mix), I just don’t know.

If they’d just let the fans select the name, I could live with it regardless. But having a bunch of suits pick the name we have to live with for the remainder of our lives doesn’t sit well with me.

I literally don’t know if I go on if it’s something stupid.

I wouldn’t say my fandom does, but I expect a total letdown and a timeframe of shame. But eventually I will get used to it I’m sure.

Names mentioned in the video:

Presidents
Brigade
Redhogs
Washington Football Team
Commanders
Armada
Defenders
Redwolves

I guess I could live with 'Defenders' or 'Brigade', but if I had to pick one of those it would be 'Redwolves', and that's a testament to how bad these names are. And what in God's name is a 'Redhog'. The fact they are even floating that is embarrassing.

When grading that list I give it a shit minus. All the woke turds must be proud of themselves after this fiasco. FFS ‘Presidents’?!?

It was mentioned to represent the whole DMV area, which makes me think it’ll be….
‘D.C. or DMV Defenders’

Last edited:
How do we get a social media push for Warthogs? That's growing on me big time

Splitting hairs here but for some reason not too thrilled to have the word "wart" in the new name . Hogs yes wart no . Can you imagine the memes if the team isn't successful :ROFLMAO:

465A8905-0288-44D6-9973-94F3EC2EAA77.jpg

I think his reply here is an indication all the reports it is down to 3 names may be wrong.

The beat reporters are saying it is narrowed to three teams and they seem pretty adamant about it. Also, it could be that a name or two was omitted from the screen display at FedEx and I tend to believe that.

It could be they’ve narrowed it to 3 but they aren’t the names listed/alluded to in that clip.

I think the clip itself is another sign of how tone deaf they are. Fans don’t think it’s cute that they bleeped out the names. People are fatigued with the whole thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.