• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

'WFT' for another season? WTF!!!

I'm about 90% sure that this was the type of thing referenced by this fan ambassador, among others, that believe the history is being removed from the franchise. My point with the whole thing was that the name change was done by a business because of negative pressure. Just because we think it was a poor choice to change, or disagree with the premise of the change, doesn't mitigate the fact that the change happened at the hands of potential sponsorship and financial loss. That forces the business to remove itself from any 'offensive' aspect of the previous brand.

It's also bad business to launch a new brand and not fully support and display it. Asking fan ambassadors to not wear Redskins gear (on an official visit to the facility) when the name is no longer Redskins is no different than me wearing and Olympus shirt when i'm working the counter at a NAPA. Yes we're the same company but the branding is different. I also don't wear a NAPA shirt when i'm working in my Olympus stores. I literally keep an extra of each shirt in my company car at all times.

No argument from me on any of that. I agree.

Won’t the ACLU (or the WCLU) fight to stop the demeaning of wolves?

Won’t the ACLU (or the WCLU) fight to stop the demeaning of wolves?

Right…you give the woke crowd 1” and they’ll take a thousand miles. If dumbass Dan wasn’t such an imbecile and chin deep in harassment suits he should have stuck to his guns and kept the name REDSKINS.

Dan has f’d this team & its traditions up so bad that I cannot see the point in keeping any resemblance of the REDSKINS. Keeping the burgundy & gold at this point is just a weak attempt at placating the faithful. Same goes with the ‘been here since 1932’ jargon, they just need to rip the bandaid off and start anew, to include colors imo.

There are still the Indians, Chiefs, and Braves. Maybe the Washington LGBQT Humans?

The ironic thing is that A LOT more Native Americans dislike the team name Chief because it's considered to be sacred. Only certain people in the community ever get to the title of Chief, and seeing it 'handed' to members of a football team is seen as a level of insult.

Last edited:
The ironic thing is that A LOT more Native Americans dislike the team name Chief because it's considered to be sacred. Only certain people in the community ever get to the title of Chief, and seeing it 'handed' to members of a football team is seen as a level of insult.
But they are still beating the drum and doing the tomahawk chop because......one owner has backbone. Snyder doesn't.

Hogs (or some variation) appears to be gaining steam on social media, and it's starting to make a lot of sense. If they're sincere in their statements that they want to continue to honor the past while moving forward... 'The Hogs' were about as close to the identity of this teams history as you're gonna find. Hogs, Wild Hogs, Red Hogs, War Hogs, Warthogs...

I dont know if it's my favorite, but it's 100% a link to our history.

And it's all fan speculation at this point

My only issue is that ‘Hogs’ was just a nickname for the OL. I don’t know that it really works as a team nickname. That’s just my opinion. I have always liked Warthogs because they are known as an aggressive ferocious beast, not something we make bacon out of. War Hogs is just flat out dumb :)

Id be okay with Warthogs, Wolves, Sentinels… those are 3 I could live with.

I’ve seen people advocating for ‘Commanders’ as well as ‘Monarchs’ - both of which strike me as weird choices. And ‘Presidents’ - oh for Gods sake no.

Warriors has always been my preference for when the name inevitably changed. Been saying it for many years.

Since THAT is now off the table ...

First choice ... Washington Football Club.

Second choice ... D.C. Football Club (DCFC ... brand much?).

Third choice ... don't have one. I'll just learn to live with it.

Warriors has always been my preference for when the name inevitably changed. Been saying it for many years.

Om speaks for me.

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om

If they go ‘football club’ I prefer ‘DCFC’ - it just sounds better and not as generic. I suspect they would argue ‘Washington’ is a direct tie to the past which is a silly argument, but I can hear it being made.

I just get the sense that these guys are terrified of blowing this and having massively negative response to the new name - and that’s why we are seeing this creep along at a snails pace with designed leaks and rumors to see what the reaction is…

Funny thing is, after seeing some of the pathetic potential names they floated a few months ago, Red Wolves seems more palatable.

I just have a feeling the PR folks and corporate types are going to saddle us with something stupid. That’s usually what happens when you engage in group think and over analyze it.

If they go ‘football club’ I prefer ‘DCFC’ - it just sounds better and not as generic. I suspect they would argue ‘Washington’ is a direct tie to the past which is a silly argument, but I can hear it being made.

I just get the sense that these guys are terrified of blowing this and having massively negative response to the new name - and that’s why we are seeing this creep along at a snails pace with designed leaks and rumors to see what the reaction is…

I guess the downside is opposing fans immediately coining the term ‘D**k F**ks’

But hey, no worse than Foreskins, right? :)

Wolves will probably be the compromise. "Red" in the name could still be a problem. That is my educated guess.

Red Wolves or Redwolves has consistently out-polled all other names by very wide margins over the last year. Honestly, the grassroots movement for it has been very effective and nothing else comes close.

Wolves would be a good one just on logo potential alone. Seems like a no-brainer but there are already some saying it has ‘native connotations’ lol.

The biggest lie they’ve sold people is that they give a rat’s ass what fans think or want.

The Wolves/NA issue would not gain any traction. After a year or so, it would be just a name and mascot - and the only canine in the league.

Capital (Capitol) Obsession?
Washington Fun Bunch?
🤣

Just go with Football Club and be done with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.