• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

1. The Legend of Cocaine Island (Netflix) very entertaining documentary film, and shows just how crooked our justice system can be.

2. Three Identical Strangers (Hulu) an amazing documentary film. If The Tiger King is the pinnacle of WTF, this is the pinnacle of OMG.

3. McMillions (HBO/Hulu) awesome docuseries about cheating involving the monopoly game at McDonald's. The FBI agent involved should seriously pursue a career in entertainment.

4. The Food That Built America (History/Hulu) one of the best docuseries I've seen. Traces the backstory and origins of Heinz, Kellogg's, Birdseye, Post, Coca-Cola, Mars, Hershey, McDonald's, and KFC. I learned Colonel Sanders was a psycho and a badass, and they should seriously make a movie about his life. And I didn't know Henry Heinz invented ketchup to cover the taste of rancid meat.

I haven't watched 3 of your 4 Beetlejuice, but I do enjoy 'The Food that Built America. Definitely recommend. I recommend 'The Jinx' which is about Robert Durst, heir to a rich Manhattan real estate fortune. The first 5 episodes are the payoff to the mind-blowing and final 6th episode.

I haven't watched 3 of your 4 Beetlejuice, but I do enjoy 'The Food that Built America. Definitely recommend. I recommend 'The Jinx' which is about Robert Durst, heir to a rich Manhattan real estate fortune. The first 5 episodes are the payoff to the mind-blowing and final 6th episode.
Yeah, I liked this one as well, but the series, 'The Men Who Built America" by the same creators was better, I think.

It starts with the Vanderbilts, goes on to Rockefeller, JP Morgan, And finishes up with Ford.

An interesting tidbit from that series...when they broke up Rockefeller's monopoly on oil, they broke up much of his total control, but created several other oil companies of which he held a stake. He made more money when forced to break up Standard Oil. When Rockefeller retired and became a philanthropist, he had a net worth in excess of $660 billion in today's dollars. To put it in perspective, Bezos is worth 100 billion.

Yeah, I liked this one as well, but the series, 'The Men Who Built America" by the same creators was better, I think.

It starts with the Vanderbilts, goes on to Rockefeller, JP Morgan, And finishes up with Ford.

An interesting tidbit from that series...when they broke up Rockefeller's monopoly on oil, they broke up much of his total control, but created several other oil companies of which he held a stake. He made more money when forced to break up Standard Oil. When Rockefeller retired and became a philanthropist, he had a net worth in excess of $660 billion in today's dollars. To put it in perspective, Bezos is worth 100 billion.
I watched that a few years ago when it first came out. Loved it. I found it interesting that Rockefeller and Vanderbilt both let their obsession with money grow so deep that they hated each other and constantly tried to one up each other, and neither realized that by acting the way they were, they were driving the other to become richer.

about to finish The Ranch. That was a very well written show. even with the sudden departure of one of the cast, they carried on very well. I'll need a new binge worthy show.

about to finish The Ranch. That was a very well written show. even with the sudden departure of one of the cast, they carried on very well. I'll need a new binge worthy show.
What streaming services do you have? Netflix, Amazon Prime?

For Anyone who enjoyed Tiger King - go to Prime and watch The wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. The family's last name is White, it's not a racial thing. Anyway, this family is so crazy and deranged that they make the folks on Tiger King look normal. Seriously. It's funny as hell.

Also, Outer Banks on Netflix is amazing. I binge watched the entire season until 8am and don't regret it one bit.

For Anyone who enjoyed Tiger King - go to Prime and watch The wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. The family's last name is White, it's not a racial thing. Anyway, this family is so crazy and deranged that they make the folks on Tiger King look normal. Seriously. It's funny as hell.

Also, Outer Banks on Netflix is amazing. I binge watched the entire season until 8am and don't regret it one bit.
Check out the Wild Wild Country if you like the wonderful Whites of WV.

Better Call Saul continues to show why that group, led by Vince Gilligan, produces some of the best TV ever made.

Yeah - it is really well done. And El - I finally went to start 'The Shield' only to discover it's only on Hulu, which I no longer subscribe to.

Yeah - it is really well done. And El - I finally went to start 'The Shield' only to discover it's only on Hulu, which I no longer subscribe to.
Haha! Well, then get Hulu! It's only 10 bucks a month, on top of Cable, Netflix, Amazon, all the premium channels on cable, Disney +, Apple TV and all the others...right?

Let me see if I can find the 1st 3 seasons on DVD...I'll send them to you if I still have them.

Nah - don't go to that kind of trouble - I'll figure it out :)

'Waco' on Netflix, a 6 part limited series, is very good. A dramatization of the David Koresh/Branch Davidian tragedy and a reminder why I have a distrust of authority in general. Recommended.

Last edited:
Oh yeah...that was a good one.

McVeigh was sitting in the "audience" for that one. Drove him mad. The ATF was portrayed just like they should have been, too.

'Waco' on Netflix, a 6 part limited series, is very good. A dramatization of the David Koresh/Branch Davidian tragedy and a reminder why I have zero regard for the ATF and a distrust of authority in general. Recommended.

The ATF actions at Ruby Ridge and the FBI at Waco should have never happened in this country and should never happen again in the future.

I'll just say this and move on. My father spent 30 years working for the Dept of Justice, and some of that time working with the ATF on organized crime-related stuff. After retirement he became a defense attorney specializing in gun violations (mostly defending private collectors and gun shop owners who were *trying* to follow complicated regulations but, many of whom were targeted and outright harassed by ATF agents. He said he experienced numerous instances of agents flat out lying on the stand. He is a legend among 2nd amendment rights advocates after posting sending this to the ATF, numerous oversight agencies, and publishing online. It pretty much rocked the ATF's world at the time, given his background and credibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.