TV Show Discussion Thread

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score

So my wife and I were debating last night the differences/merits of old school serial network TV shows that you wait for a new episode each week, versus the streaming approach that uploads a whole season for you to binge watch at your leisure.
I prefer the latter and not dealing with the artificial buildup and lame toying with my emotions by making me wait(along with the MAJOR benny of no ads), she (of course) prefers the latter.

I just caught up to the current episode after binge watching Westworld the last several days. This one is a bit of a mind bender and VERY well written. I have several others I have enjoyed, what's everyone else into these days?

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Reaction score

Navy Kent State

I just started The Ranch yesterday on Netflix. It has 2 guys from That 70s Show, Sam Elliot, Debra Winger, and Elisha Cuthbert. Set in rural Colorado it is pretty funny to me. Debra Winger is still so damn cute in my book, too.

CT - I prefer to binge watch, too. Having to decide what to watch on television is a PITA.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I just caught up to the current episode after binge watching Westworld the last several days. This one is a bit of a mind bender and VERY well written. I have several others I have enjoyed, what's everyone else into these days?
Not knowing the premise when I started, it was difficult to follow but once I understood what was happening...I began to thoroughly enjoy this series.

Right now DVR is set for Better Call Saul, Homeland and Westworld.

On Netflix, I just watched all of Breaking Bad for the 3rd time since the finale 7 years ago. Can you believe it? BB ended 7 years ago!

I started the Tiger King yesterday...how does Netflix come up with these tales? Boone mentioned he started Evil Genius, we watched that...CRAZY!!! Well, Tiger King is equally cuckoo!

Speaking of the depravity of mankind, I watched the series Don't F**k with the Cats. A very difficult topic, but interesting to see how internet investigators helped catch a potential serial killer before he was able to kill more than just 1 person. The difficult part of it is the animal torture...they don't show it, but the graphics of what is actually happening are pretty tough to see. The animal cruelty is what led these amateur sleuths to help authorities catch the guy.

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

For those who have Amazon Prime, we just finished the original series Patriot. It’s a hilarious dark drama that has 2 seasons. Unfortunately there will not be a third season.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Westworld was very disappointing to me. Loved the original movie. Series quickly went in another confusing direction. Stopped watching middle of second season.

Homeland, like so many other series, has become too predictably political.

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score

Not knowing the premise when I started, it was difficult to follow but once I understood what was happening...I began to thoroughly enjoy this series.

Right now DVR is set for Better Call Saul, Homeland and Westworld.

On Netflix, I just watched all of Breaking Bad for the 3rd time since the finale 7 years ago. Can you believe it? BB ended 7 years ago!

I started the Tiger King yesterday...how does Netflix come up with these tales? Boone mentioned he started Evil Genius, we watched that...CRAZY!!! Well, Tiger King is equally cuckoo!

Speaking of the depravity of mankind, I watched the series Don't F**k with the Cats. A very difficult topic, but interesting to see how internet investigators helped catch a potential serial killer before he was able to kill more than just 1 person. The difficult part of it is the animal torture...they don't show it, but the graphics of what is actually happening are pretty tough to see. The animal cruelty is what led these amateur sleuths to help authorities catch the guy.
I never could get into BB...maybe I should give it a second shot. Brian Cranston is amazing.
Animal cruelty is something I just can't watch as a former vet tech, so I'll have to take your word on the other one.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I never could get into BB...maybe I should give it a second shot. Brian Cranston is amazing.
Animal cruelty is something I just can't watch as a former vet tech, so I'll have to take your word on the other one.
Yeah, it's a very difficult subject matter that gives you just enough info to be upset.

As for BB, it has gotten better each time I have watched through it. It does have it's stretches of boring content, but overall...after watching this series 3 times now, it is in my top 3 all time.

Unlike the Sopranos who came out of the box firing on all cylinders, it's a work up to the greatness. But, much like many episodes of the Sopranos, you are left just wondering...why bother? The fly episode of BB is one of those for me...horrible! In the Sopranos, the "alternate universe" episodes while Tony was in a coma were Horrible!

You just have to get through that stuff every now and again.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I agree on both those episodes... I'm like Brian. I probably watched the first couple episodes of Breaking Bad 2 or 3 times before I allowed myself to move past them and then I was hooked. I had the same experience, even more so, with 'The Wire'. Man am I glad I didn't give up on either of those.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Woot!

Someone on Twitter recommended ‘The Jinx’ to me. It’s a 6 episode HBO series true story about multiple murders possibly involving a member of a hugely rich family in New York City.

The final episode will blow your mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0