TV Show Discussion Thread

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

Yeah, I was shaking my head. I will say that Carole was in FL.

They mentioned Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach County, which I have been to. The owner is well respected in that area, and that park has large fenced in areas...no cages. I bet it was only a mention because the owner didn't want any part of those freaks.

Besides Carole, there was also another, I think his names is Mario, the one from Cuba, who started out in drugs
and then there's all the ones in Florida who intentionally release their exotic animals who become invasive into the environment
And there may be more than that, because I stopped watching before the 2nd episode ended, when it started to get really weird

Last edited:

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

1. The Legend of Cocaine Island (Netflix) very entertaining documentary film, and shows just how crooked our justice system can be.

2. Three Identical Strangers (Hulu) an amazing documentary film. If The Tiger King is the pinnacle of WTF, this is the pinnacle of OMG.

3. McMillions (HBO/Hulu) awesome docuseries about cheating involving the monopoly game at McDonald's. The FBI agent involved should seriously pursue a career in entertainment.

4. The Food That Built America (History/Hulu) one of the best docuseries I've seen. Traces the backstory and origins of Heinz, Kellogg's, Birdseye, Post, Coca-Cola, Mars, Hershey, McDonald's, and KFC. I learned Colonel Sanders was a psycho and a badass, and they should seriously make a movie about his life. And I didn't know Henry Heinz invented ketchup to cover the taste of rancid meat.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I haven't watched 3 of your 4 Beetlejuice, but I do enjoy 'The Food that Built America. Definitely recommend. I recommend 'The Jinx' which is about Robert Durst, heir to a rich Manhattan real estate fortune. The first 5 episodes are the payoff to the mind-blowing and final 6th episode.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I haven't watched 3 of your 4 Beetlejuice, but I do enjoy 'The Food that Built America. Definitely recommend. I recommend 'The Jinx' which is about Robert Durst, heir to a rich Manhattan real estate fortune. The first 5 episodes are the payoff to the mind-blowing and final 6th episode.
Yeah, I liked this one as well, but the series, 'The Men Who Built America" by the same creators was better, I think.

It starts with the Vanderbilts, goes on to Rockefeller, JP Morgan, And finishes up with Ford.

An interesting tidbit from that series...when they broke up Rockefeller's monopoly on oil, they broke up much of his total control, but created several other oil companies of which he held a stake. He made more money when forced to break up Standard Oil. When Rockefeller retired and became a philanthropist, he had a net worth in excess of $660 billion in today's dollars. To put it in perspective, Bezos is worth 100 billion.

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

Yeah, I liked this one as well, but the series, 'The Men Who Built America" by the same creators was better, I think.

It starts with the Vanderbilts, goes on to Rockefeller, JP Morgan, And finishes up with Ford.

An interesting tidbit from that series...when they broke up Rockefeller's monopoly on oil, they broke up much of his total control, but created several other oil companies of which he held a stake. He made more money when forced to break up Standard Oil. When Rockefeller retired and became a philanthropist, he had a net worth in excess of $660 billion in today's dollars. To put it in perspective, Bezos is worth 100 billion.
I watched that a few years ago when it first came out. Loved it. I found it interesting that Rockefeller and Vanderbilt both let their obsession with money grow so deep that they hated each other and constantly tried to one up each other, and neither realized that by acting the way they were, they were driving the other to become richer.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

about to finish The Ranch. That was a very well written show. even with the sudden departure of one of the cast, they carried on very well. I'll need a new binge worthy show.

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

about to finish The Ranch. That was a very well written show. even with the sudden departure of one of the cast, they carried on very well. I'll need a new binge worthy show.
What streaming services do you have? Netflix, Amazon Prime?

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Army

For Anyone who enjoyed Tiger King - go to Prime and watch The wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. The family's last name is White, it's not a racial thing. Anyway, this family is so crazy and deranged that they make the folks on Tiger King look normal. Seriously. It's funny as hell.

Also, Outer Banks on Netflix is amazing. I binge watched the entire season until 8am and don't regret it one bit.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

For Anyone who enjoyed Tiger King - go to Prime and watch The wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. The family's last name is White, it's not a racial thing. Anyway, this family is so crazy and deranged that they make the folks on Tiger King look normal. Seriously. It's funny as hell.

Also, Outer Banks on Netflix is amazing. I binge watched the entire season until 8am and don't regret it one bit.
Check out the Wild Wild Country if you like the wonderful Whites of WV.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Better Call Saul continues to show why that group, led by Vince Gilligan, produces some of the best TV ever made.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Yeah - it is really well done. And El - I finally went to start 'The Shield' only to discover it's only on Hulu, which I no longer subscribe to.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Yeah - it is really well done. And El - I finally went to start 'The Shield' only to discover it's only on Hulu, which I no longer subscribe to.
Haha! Well, then get Hulu! It's only 10 bucks a month, on top of Cable, Netflix, Amazon, all the premium channels on cable, Disney +, Apple TV and all the others...right?

Let me see if I can find the 1st 3 seasons on DVD...I'll send them to you if I still have them.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

'Waco' on Netflix, a 6 part limited series, is very good. A dramatization of the David Koresh/Branch Davidian tragedy and a reminder why I have a distrust of authority in general. Recommended.

Last edited:

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Oh yeah...that was a good one.

McVeigh was sitting in the "audience" for that one. Drove him mad. The ATF was portrayed just like they should have been, too.

Chris

The Owner's Favorite
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

'Waco' on Netflix, a 6 part limited series, is very good. A dramatization of the David Koresh/Branch Davidian tragedy and a reminder why I have zero regard for the ATF and a distrust of authority in general. Recommended.
The ATF actions at Ruby Ridge and the FBI at Waco should have never happened in this country and should never happen again in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0