• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

The ATF actions at Ruby Ridge and the FBI at Waco should have never happened in this country and should never happen again in the future.
Just to be clear - Chris is correct regarding which agencies were involved in each of those two events.

I believe those 2 situations happened because of the government's overwhelming force. There were some over zealous agents in both situations who were not kept honest by the opposing force.

And I believe the Feds backed down during the Cliven Bundy standoff in Nevada because they did not have an show of overwhelming force.

When faced with an equal force of armed ranchers, the Feds backed down.

Of course authorities could have brought in more troops, but the ranchers in support of Bundy kept growing as well. It would have been a terrible blemish on Obama's record that he could not have spun.

Chalk one up for the importance of the 2nd amendment.

Back to TV. Chris, I tried to do the Patriot. At the conclusion of the opening scene, I thought I was hooked. However, as the show progressed, I found myself disinterested.

I believe those 2 situations happened because of the government's overwhelming force. There were some over zealous agents in both situations who were not kept honest by the opposing force.

And I believe the Feds backed down during the Cliven Bundy standoff in Nevada because they did not have an show of overwhelming force.

When faced with an equal force of armed ranchers, the Feds backed down.

Of course authorities could have brought in more troops, but the ranchers in support of Bundy kept growing as well. It would have been a terrible blemish on Obama's record that he could not have spun.

Chalk one up for the importance of the 2nd amendment.

Back to TV. Chris, I tried to do the Patriot. At the conclusion of the opening scene, I thought I was hooked. However, as the show progressed, I found myself disinterested.

Fair enough on Patriot. We found it wonderfully entertaining and were very disappointed to hear that it won’t be continuing.

Fair enough on Patriot. We found it wonderfully entertaining and were very disappointed to hear that it won’t be continuing.
I guess we can't like very show the other does, huh?

the handmaid's tale is so gut wrenching. that show has NO fun episodes. i usually watch it while trying to do something else.

Netflix is doing more action movies, I watched one recently with Ryan Reynolds, extremely violent...pure action almost all the way through.

Last night I watched Extraction. Same thing, violent, action packed the whole way through.

I would not bother seeing these types of movies in the theatre, but it's something to kill some time at home with the home theatre system.

Oh and those who are fans of the Last Kingdom, the new season has begun.

Thanks for the heads up. I recommended 'The Last Kingdom' to you and you hated it. It's kind of weird how different people's tastes can run.

Thanks for the heads up. I recommended 'The Last Kingdom' to you and you hated it. It's kind of weird how different people's tastes can run.
I don't remember "hating" it...just wasn't a fan. Got into the story and at that point it's too late. I'll continue watching.

Reminded me a bit of 'The Tudors' which was also a really good one. I assume you've seen that series?

Netflix is doing more action movies, I watched one recently with Ryan Reynolds, extremely violent...pure action almost all the way through.

Last night I watched Extraction. Same thing, violent, action packed the whole way through.

I would not bother seeing these types of movies in the theatre, but it's something to kill some time at home with the home theatre system.

Oh and those who are fans of the Last Kingdom, the new season has begun.

the fight scenes in Extraction were really top notch. I was very impressed with them. Not a plot I was on the edge of my seat for, but I definitely enjoyed it from my living room.

Mike - 'The Last Kingdom' would be right up your alley if you haven't checked it out.

I can't stop watching Forged In Fire. I have an uncontrollable urge to forge my own knives and swords now for no reason other than testosterone. I have a problem 🤣

Oh, and Outer Banks, Imposters and Ozark are the three best binge worthy shows on Netflix.

Bloodline, Ozark, and Peaky Blinders for me.
I have hearing problems, not so much volume as tones, so it makes watching Peaky Blinders almost impossible without subtitles.

I really likedBloodline, but FFS that youngest brother was a baby! Annoying as shit!

Ozark? Well, that's a damned good show.

Can't wait for the new season of Yellowstone. That is the best show on TV.

Hell Ya Yellowstone!!

I don’t
I have hearing problems, not so much volume as tones, so it makes watching Peaky Blinders almost impossible without subtitles.

I really likedBloodline, but FFS that youngest brother was a baby! Annoying as shit!

Ozark? Well, that's a damned good show.

Can't wait for the new season of Yellowstone. That is the best show on TV.

I don’t have any hearing issues and I watch PB with subtitles. Can’t understand half of what they say. 🤣

Yeah, Kevin is a little bitch. Danny was by far my favorite character. Ben Mendelson was awesome in that part.

And yes, I love Yellowstone. Hope it returns soon. With most, if not all, productions shut down it may be a long wait for new quality content to reappear.

its coming back 6/21 so your wish is their command!

Binge watched the first 2 seasons of 'After Life', Ricky Gervais series about a small town British newspaper reporter who struggles to carry on after his beloved wife dies. It's got a little of the same feel as 'Ghost Town' (if you've seen that movie). Bittersweet but worth a watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.