• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

I just started The Ranch yesterday on Netflix. It has 2 guys from That 70s Show, Sam Elliot, Debra Winger, and Elisha Cuthbert. Set in rural Colorado it is pretty funny to me. Debra Winger is still so damn cute in my book, too.

CT - I prefer to binge watch, too. Having to decide what to watch on television is a PITA.

I just caught up to the current episode after binge watching Westworld the last several days. This one is a bit of a mind bender and VERY well written. I have several others I have enjoyed, what's everyone else into these days?

Not knowing the premise when I started, it was difficult to follow but once I understood what was happening...I began to thoroughly enjoy this series.

Right now DVR is set for Better Call Saul, Homeland and Westworld.

On Netflix, I just watched all of Breaking Bad for the 3rd time since the finale 7 years ago. Can you believe it? BB ended 7 years ago!

I started the Tiger King yesterday...how does Netflix come up with these tales? Boone mentioned he started Evil Genius, we watched that...CRAZY!!! Well, Tiger King is equally cuckoo!

Speaking of the depravity of mankind, I watched the series Don't F**k with the Cats. A very difficult topic, but interesting to see how internet investigators helped catch a potential serial killer before he was able to kill more than just 1 person. The difficult part of it is the animal torture...they don't show it, but the graphics of what is actually happening are pretty tough to see. The animal cruelty is what led these amateur sleuths to help authorities catch the guy.

For those who have Amazon Prime, we just finished the original series Patriot. It’s a hilarious dark drama that has 2 seasons. Unfortunately there will not be a third season.

Westworld was very disappointing to me. Loved the original movie. Series quickly went in another confusing direction. Stopped watching middle of second season.

Homeland, like so many other series, has become too predictably political.

I just watched this scene on Homeland. Now I haven’t been to Delaware in quite a while...had no idea the geography has changed so much since.
BB232F66-8DE5-4339-9596-783E9A19E8A4.jpeg

Not knowing the premise when I started, it was difficult to follow but once I understood what was happening...I began to thoroughly enjoy this series.

Right now DVR is set for Better Call Saul, Homeland and Westworld.

On Netflix, I just watched all of Breaking Bad for the 3rd time since the finale 7 years ago. Can you believe it? BB ended 7 years ago!

I started the Tiger King yesterday...how does Netflix come up with these tales? Boone mentioned he started Evil Genius, we watched that...CRAZY!!! Well, Tiger King is equally cuckoo!

Speaking of the depravity of mankind, I watched the series Don't F**k with the Cats. A very difficult topic, but interesting to see how internet investigators helped catch a potential serial killer before he was able to kill more than just 1 person. The difficult part of it is the animal torture...they don't show it, but the graphics of what is actually happening are pretty tough to see. The animal cruelty is what led these amateur sleuths to help authorities catch the guy.
I never could get into BB...maybe I should give it a second shot. Brian Cranston is amazing.
Animal cruelty is something I just can't watch as a former vet tech, so I'll have to take your word on the other one.

I never could get into BB...maybe I should give it a second shot. Brian Cranston is amazing.
Animal cruelty is something I just can't watch as a former vet tech, so I'll have to take your word on the other one.
Yeah, it's a very difficult subject matter that gives you just enough info to be upset.

As for BB, it has gotten better each time I have watched through it. It does have it's stretches of boring content, but overall...after watching this series 3 times now, it is in my top 3 all time.

Unlike the Sopranos who came out of the box firing on all cylinders, it's a work up to the greatness. But, much like many episodes of the Sopranos, you are left just wondering...why bother? The fly episode of BB is one of those for me...horrible! In the Sopranos, the "alternate universe" episodes while Tony was in a coma were Horrible!

You just have to get through that stuff every now and again.

I agree on both those episodes... I'm like Brian. I probably watched the first couple episodes of Breaking Bad 2 or 3 times before I allowed myself to move past them and then I was hooked. I had the same experience, even more so, with 'The Wire'. Man am I glad I didn't give up on either of those.

Woot!

Someone on Twitter recommended ‘The Jinx’ to me. It’s a 6 episode HBO series true story about multiple murders possibly involving a member of a hugely rich family in New York City.

The final episode will blow your mind.

Season 3 of Ozark is the shit. Episode 3 is as good as tv gets.

I am halfway through Season 3 and man - awesome!

There is a great documentary on Netflix right now called Oklahoma City about the bombings.

It's amazing how little responsibility the government takes for their actions, and how much McVeigh was present during Waco. i do not approve of what he did, but it shows just how out of hand our own government can get with its own people.

Reactions: Ax
There is a great documentary on Netflix right now called Oklahoma City about the bombings.

It's amazing how little responsibility the government takes for their actions, and how much McVeigh was present during Waco. i do not approve of what he did, but it shows just how out of hand our own government can get with its own people.
Just watched one on Ruby Ridge recently...talk about government misconduct. Randy Weaver was portrayed as some skin head arms-dealer...he wasn't.
Janet Reno was the worst Attorney General in my lifetime.

Reactions: Ax
Just watched one on Ruby Ridge recently...talk about government misconduct. Randy Weaver was portrayed as some skin head arms-dealer...he wasn't.
Janet Reno was the worst Attorney General in my lifetime.
they did that in the OKC one, too. Everyone involved was "alt far right radical skinheads"

If you had to take a shot every time they said that you wouldn't make it past the first day of Waco. Even Koresh was supposedly that way.

Joe Exotic's zoo is in Oklahoma.
Yeah, I was shaking my head. I will say that Carole was in FL.

They mentioned Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach County, which I have been to. The owner is well respected in that area, and that park has large fenced in areas...no cages. I bet it was only a mention because the owner didn't want any part of those freaks.

Yeah, I was shaking my head. I will say that Carole was in FL.

They mentioned Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach County, which I have been to. The owner is well respected in that area, and that park has large fenced in areas...no cages. I bet it was only a mention because the owner didn't want any part of those freaks.

Besides Carole, there was also another, I think his names is Mario, the one from Cuba, who started out in drugs
and then there's all the ones in Florida who intentionally release their exotic animals who become invasive into the environment
And there may be more than that, because I stopped watching before the 2nd episode ended, when it started to get really weird

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.