• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

TV Show Discussion Thread

Is "Better call Saul" currently the only spinoff of Breaking Bad ?
There definitely could be more.
Like one for Mike Ermantrout. Great character.
And Gus.
And the Salamanca brothers. Wouldn't be much dialogue in that one though. Talk about silent movies

Binging the latest season of Narcos today. Because it's less stressful than real life right now :)

I don’t want to be that guy (spoilers and all) but for any who watched the finale for Outsiders...did you like it?

I'm watching 'Narcos Mexico'. Not sure what you're referring to...

I don’t want to be that guy (spoilers and all) but for any who watched the finale for Outsiders...did you like it?
I watched it Chris, have to admit...I was let down at the end after being excited about it every week. It had so much going on for the first 7 episodes and sunk down the stretch. Anti-climactic.

A show I have found is hit or miss, Homeland, blew me away in the latest episode. This final season has been the very best season so far, and the latest episode is one of the most compelling 56 minutes of TV I have seen in a very long time.

Also, just started Better Call Saul season 4. It's good, but for some reason I was expecting a lot more. The actor who plays Mike is aging and it's far too noticeable for a prequel.

Also, over the course of the last several months, I have been watching an episode or two of Breaking Bad at a time...just finished the whole series again. I gotta admit, that show gets better each time I watch it. The last 2 season of BB were as good as any TV, ever...including GoT, the Wire, and even the Sopranos.

Agreed Brian on Outsiders and Homeland.

If you haven’t seen it check out the Amazon Original- Patriot. It’s a dark drama/comedy that we literally lol often while watching.

Watched a crime documentary, and I was convinced it was about Ted Bundy.
All the crimes scenes were so similar - Gainesville, UF college students, the M.O., etc
It all sounded like the guy they were going to catch was Bundy.
But it was some other guy. Danny Rolling.
I was stunned.
It is so weird, that such a unique crime spree, had so many striking similarities with another.

I recently listened to an audiobook called 'The Mindhunters'. It's written by one of the guys who started the whole FBI 'profiling' program during the 70's. Prior to that, no effort of any kind was being made to try and learn about the motivations and patterns that drive serial killers. It's a great audiobook and I discovered there's a Netflix series by the same name that is also really well done. So far they have done 2 full seasons. If you are interested in this topic, recommend it.

I didn't read the book, but the show on Netflix is freaking amazing!

Watched a crime documentary, and I was convinced it was about Ted Bundy.
All the crimes scenes were so similar - Gainesville, UF college students, the M.O., etc
It all sounded like the guy they were going to catch was Bundy.
But it was some other guy. Danny Rolling.
I was stunned.
It is so weird, that such a unique crime spree, had so many striking similarities with another.
Yeah, Bundy killed students at FSU....NEVER EVER to be mixed up with those awful people who attend that putrid institution in Gainesville.

I lived 75 yards away from that sorority house when I went to school there. Too bad I was an old man when I graduated, I lived within a stone's throw of sorority row. And of course, it was Florida State where the most beautiful girls in the world attend college.

BOONE!!! PUT YOUR PREJUDICE OF MICHAEL CHIKLIS ASIDE AND WATCH THE SHIELD!!!

Strarted the Tiger King documentary on Netflix. Those people are cuckoo!

After finishing season 2 of Mindhunters, someone recommended I watch 'Evil Genius' on Netflix. Crazy.

After finishing season 2 of Mindhunters, someone recommended I watch 'Evil Genius' on Netflix. Crazy.
Yeah, that was a case of crazy for sure!
THE SHIELD!!!

So my wife and I were debating last night the differences/merits of old school serial network TV shows that you wait for a new episode each week, versus the streaming approach that uploads a whole season for you to binge watch at your leisure.
I prefer the latter and not dealing with the artificial buildup and lame toying with my emotions by making me wait(along with the MAJOR benny of no ads), she (of course) prefers the latter.

I just caught up to the current episode after binge watching Westworld the last several days. This one is a bit of a mind bender and VERY well written. I have several others I have enjoyed, what's everyone else into these days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.