• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

Yes, Florio is a pot-stirrer, and I wouldn't necessarily trust his assessment, e.g., of the relative likelihood of success, but he seems much more informed than most, both in terms of his legal background helping him understand what's goiing on, and also seeming to have contacts who have an actual sense of what's going on (or at least what they want to suggest to him is going on).

The arbitration would be a compromise of a sort (really more of an intermediate step than a compromise), in that some were suggesting that there was no basis to arbitrate the dispute, so the Skins were left with either lumping it or going nuclear/filing a lawsuit for antitrust violation (which would really alienate us from the rest of the league, because it could conceivably undermine the legality of the entire salary cap/parity approach). Arbitrating would seem to allow us to contest the cap hit in a measured, in-house kind of way, and to open the door to a settlement that punishes us, but not so severely.

If Al Davis were still alive, and HIS team was being taken advantage of like this, there's no question the league would jump at the chance for an arbitration hearing.

Unfortunately, I think the league is arrogant enough to call Snyder's bluff and claim there is no basis for arbitration and force him to be the "bad guy" and file an antitrust lawsuit. I'm hoping I'm wrong and the league offers arbitration or Snyder finds a way to force it, in addition to forcing Mara to vacate his spot as head of the Competition Committee.

I have to wonder if we're laying low for the weeks to pass, and we use that # 2 draft spot. As was stated in one of the many articles, a number of people were allegedly calling for us to loose draft pics. Do ya raise hell with your chance of getting a franchise QB on the line ?

Could the league have pulled a power play behind the scenes basically saying, take your medicine, or Cleveland will be getting a franchise QB. I wouldn't put it past that slimy piece of amphibian **** they call "commissioner."

I have to wonder if we're laying low for the weeks to pass, and we use that # 2 draft spot. As was stated in one of the many articles, a number of people were allegedly calling for us to loose draft pics. Do ya raise hell with your chance of getting a franchise QB on the line ?

Could the league have pulled a power play behind the scenes basically saying, take your medicine, or Cleveland will be getting a franchise QB. I wouldn't put it past that slimy piece of amphibian **** they call "commissioner."
That would be grounds for pulling the "nuclear option", if it were to happen.

No way they add on a major draft pick penalty, on top of a 36 million dollar cap penalty

If the league were gonna do that, I don't see how they approve the trade to STL. Of course, they did approve all the contracts they are retroactively disapproving of...

By the way, anyone catch the clips of Warriors fans mercilisly booing their owner a couple of days ago because they traded Monta Ellis? How great would (will?) it be when that happens to Goodell at the draft, but worse?

Goodell was booed last year at the draft. Hopefully, it will be mercilessly this year. He'll call in sick that day, if they sense it's coming.

Careful Miles, the league can suspend you for talk like that. ;)

By the way, anyone catch the clips of Warriors fans mercilisly booing their owner a couple of days ago because they traded Monta Ellis? How great would (will?) it be when that happens to Goodell at the draft, but worse?

Goodell was booed last year at the draft. Hopefully, it will be mercilessly this year. He'll call in sick that day, if they sense it's coming.

You guys need to seriously consider going with the other plan of chanting "Collusion", rather than just booing.
A "Collusion Chant" would be FAR more of a blow, than just your typical boos, which would be quickly discarded.

Can't believe Warren Sapp outed the whistleblower. A brother from duh U no less. Wow.

This why I was happy to have the Manning and Tebow drama over, now more media outlets will start hopping on the band wagon on the cap issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.