• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Redskins, Cowboys could go “nuclear” over cap mess

The ultimate irony of this bull**** is that Goodell & Mara are stripping the Redskins of competitive advantage to preserve the competitive advantage. So asinine.

That's what's stuck in my craw. If the true goal was maintaining competitive balance then you can also throw in all the points about Tampa et al who underpaid as much as we overpaid.

This needs to become our top priority.

Weigh out the risks....and then go for it.

If the Saints did it, and the Seattle corners were allowed to play, shouldn't we be able to get something?

I don't know that there's any benefit in talking this option up. You do it, or you don't. I actually think it has more shock value if you do it without much fanfare. Goodell isn't going to pay any attention to talk. Do it, put the start of free agency at risk, and you might get some attention.

I have to believe that if there were any chance at all the Redskins could win this in a legal battle, they'd have gone there long ago. That being said, screw Goodell and I hope we fight it in every way we can.

Dan has no qualms about suing. Heck, he didn't care about the PR hit from the suit against WCP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...f-redskins-legal-position-in-salary-cap-case/

One person familiar with the case said he thinks the team could use the NFL’s position in a recently dismissed collusion lawsuit brought by the players’ union against the league.

The league argued in the collusion case that the union had waived its right to bring such a collusion complaint. U.S. District Court Judge David Doty agreed, twice ruling that the collusion case could not move forward.

The person with knowledge of the salary cap case said the Redskins could argue that if the union had waived its right to bring a complaint based on conduct that occurred before pro football’s 2011 labor agreement, the league and union also should be prohibited from taking action against a team for conduct prior to the labor deal.

“Maybe there is something to Doty’s ruling that makes the issuance of discipline [against the Redskins] inappropriate,” the person said. “If the [league and union] released all claims in the CBA, then how could there be a basis to discipline teams for a claim that was released?”

Dan has no qualms about suing. Heck, he didn't care about the PR hit from the suit against WCP.

He has a lot of things to consider that have absolutely nothing to do with this case. Suing probably doesn't even make sense financially.

Are the risks simply too great?

Well, he's shown he has no qualms suing when he is in the position of power; when he's the bully he has no problem throwing his weight around.

I've yet to see a case where he takes on someone of equivalent (or greater) power/stature.

He strikes me as a sissy so... we'll see how big his balls are in the next two weeks.

Well, he's shown he has no qualms suing when he is in the position of power; when he's the bully he has no problem throwing his weight around.

I've yet to see a case where he takes on someone of equivalent (or greater) power/stature.

He strikes me as a sissy so... we'll see how big his balls are in the next two weeks.

The Washington Post is bigger than him...

The Washington Post is bigger than him...

When did he take on the Washington post?

The only thing he did to the washington post that I remember was take their tickets away after they wrote some nasty articles about him when he first came here. That strikes me more as being petulant, not standing up to a bigger power...

The tree deal? I thought that was resolved because someone at the park service took money under the table or something?

That doesn't strike me as 'taking on the federal government', but that's just my opinion...

Perhaps he has read his Sun Tzu.

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

Or does one?

This could get interesting.

:)redpunch::puke::soapbox::rifle::rotflmao: :violin: :nana: :eclipsee_Victoria: :bomb: :wall: :censored::whip: :behead::kungfu:...ladies and gentlemen, place your bets now please...)

I got curious...so....there will be a mini-version of Redskins Recon about the "Nuclear Option" with a couple of surprises and some not-so-surprising stuff coming up shortly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.