• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 17 - Browns @ Commanders

Samuels up the gut for 1 three times in a row is always an amazing option!

We probably shouldn’t even show up.

Physically we will

Readiness, we rarely do :)

Minor St Juste report... no real report about if he'll play or not, but anytime you hear 'set-back' it's not good

so Young will be playing a lot, and 1/2 of our secondary room is questionable... woof

Smith Williams out hurts big time.

Talk on the news and around here is that the browns are feeling good. Watson is starting to sync up with his receivers and Chubb is going to get a big dose of the ball.

Talk on the news and around here is that the browns are feeling good. Watson is starting to sync up with his receivers and Chubb is going to get a big dose of the ball.
I’m pretty sure that’s local news hype. Nothing Watson has done in a game so far would show he’s in sync with his receivers. I know the weather was bad last week, but he completed less than half his passes. Maybe they are seeing it at practice, but “we talkin bout practice man”. So those reports are based on nothing but hype, which I get. I mean we’ve led the league in Skintangibles for years. I do expect them to lean on Chubb because he is their best player. But so far Watson hasn’t looked good during actual games. Let’s keep it that way.

Much as I love Gibbs... He wasn't the Head Hog.

I appreciate the era but at this point I’d prefer to remember him before he cozied up to Snyder. Some of his Saint Joe luster is gone for me.

I’m pretty sure that’s local news hype. Nothing Watson has done in a game so far would show he’s in sync with his receivers. I know the weather was bad last week, but he completed less than half his passes. Maybe they are seeing it at practice, but “we talkin bout practice man”. So those reports are based on nothing but hype, which I get. I mean we’ve led the league in Skintangibles for years. I do expect them to lean on Chubb because he is their best player. But so far Watson hasn’t looked good during actual games. Let’s keep it that way.
I've watched the games since his suspension was lifted and he's definitely getting in sync with his receivers more and more. Cooper and him are already talking about off-season work they want to do in order to continue it. Yeah, the local news is hyping it up but he has flashed good things.

Chubb and Hunt are going to out Allen and Payne to the test Sunday. Njoku is going to test our LBs.

But, I hope we do keep Watson looking mediocre. Would do me good for 4 years to at least have that win.

I think the biggest unknown going into our last 2 weeks (and possibly beyond?) is whether the positive trends we saw with Heinicke that lent themselves to winning more than losing will be leveraged with Wentz in the game. Credit to the DC media as they pummeled Scott Turner with questions about this during this week's presser. They avoided asking outright 'are you going to abandon the running game and go pass happy again with Wentz?' but that was the gist of it. Turner responded with a lot of coach speak but what he SAID is that they'd found their identity mid-season and wouldn't change things with Wentz coming back into the line up. He also spoke to Wentz learning a lot re the offense during his time on the injury list/bench.

I think most of us believe we will pass more with Wentz in the game simply because he is much more capable of taking advantage of our considerable receiving weapons. The fact that we are banged up at RB might also push us in that direction. I don't care what we do, as long as we execute it.

I hope Wentz bought the offensive line some nice Christmas presents.

While I am definitely in favor of switching from Heinicke to Wentz, I don't have a lot of confidence in Wentz. He is who he is. The problem was Heinicke was doing the things we rightfully criticized Wentz for early in the year, holding the ball when receivers were open, taking sacks, and turning the ball over. And Heinicke's turnovers were at very critical times in games. Last week in a 10 point game, he turned it over twice in a row deep in his own territory in the 4th quarter. The defense held the 49ers to FGs both times, but there was zero hope he could get the offense going. As far as sacks, Henicke has been sacked more times in the last 3 games than he was during the previous 6. And while sacks are not all on the QB, in fact most are not on the QB, avoiding sacks was one of the reasons to go to Heinicke over Wentz. He also had 5 fumbles lost the past 3 games, compared to 1 over the previous 6 games. So now you have all the same downside with Henicke that you have with Wentz, yet you have none of the upside. I've given this stat before, but he hasn't led the offense to more than 2 TDs during any start this year. Sunday they got a 3rd offensive TD, and it came with Wentz in the game. So he's lost the efficiency he had with this offense.

As for this week, I am not expecting Wentz to come out and have an efficient game. I could see him getting sacked at least 4 times and possibly turning it over twice. I mean, what other thing should I expect. But even with that, if he can lead this offense to 3 or even 4 TDs, then I can live with his other problems as long as they are not crippling. If he plays like he did in the Philly game where it's all sacks and no points, then it will be a disaster.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.