• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Dopey May Strike Again?

Having spent time in the field of addictions, I can say that the testing varies. MJ is known to stay in the blood stream for a month, that's been a standard for a long time. But it can be flushed from the system with different solutions with a variance of body size and eating habits. Lots of water and large doses of pommegranite beer...er...umm...juice (Sorry Goal) or straight cranberry juice (Not cocktail stuff) can help clean you up, but usually these things take time to cleanse the system, likely a week or two as opposed to the 30 day standard. Even these methods have known to fail. Like with many other medical issues, it is highly individual. What one person could push through their system in a week or two, may take another a full month depending other size and the amount of fat in your body, but the standard is generally 3-4 weeks for most.

Now hair is a different story, but I have never dealt with hair so I don't know those standards.

As for Trent Williams, my stance has not changed whether you guys think it may be over reacting or not. I think Fred Davis should have been made example of and that his release should have been used as a barometer for Trent Williams and any other young player who thinks they can smoke up in DC that it doesn't matter how talented you are, we will not stand for it.

I often hear many on this site and elsewhere talk about character guys, well where is the "character" in this?

And for the record, I think MJ should be legal.

I've always heard 2-3 months. Don't want to Google it at work though, lol.

When I quit, I had to detox asap because of accepting a new job. Did lots of research on it. With my diet, and body fat content, it would take about 5 weeks of not smoking before I could pass a test if I just stopped smoking. Three weeks into it using a detox supplement, I still couldn't pass a test. I had to drop some money for a high end system that took another 10 days before I passed a home test. Went for the company test 3 days later.

I was just lucky that the owners son figured out I needed a bit of time before testing with the company and stalled, or I would have lost the job as quick as I had gotten it.

That being said, I have to say that TW was still burning to some degree to test positive that many times in 2 months.

What's the number there? I'll leave the answer for you with the receptionist. :)

Come on, man. You're living in the past.
There's no such things as receptionists, anymore.
Just recordings that say, "If you're calling about a billing question, press 1. If you're calling because your butt itches, press 2. If you're calling because you would like to listen to another recorded menu, with several more options that most likely do not apply to you, press 3.

I think Fred Davis should have been made example of and that his release should have been used as a barometer for Trent Williams and any other young player who thinks they can smoke up in DC that it doesn't matter how talented you are, we will not stand for it.

That would be tremendosuly stupid imo. Davis is 1 of the best young talents we have. He's a playmaker and is going to be huge for RG3. You don't cut that kind of talent b/c he made a dumb mistake.

All either one of these retards have to do is take a tainted supplement, and they're out. And they both are obviously that...****ing...stupid.

Davis is 1 of the best young talents we have. He's a playmaker and is going to be huge for RG3. You don't cut that kind of talent b/c he made a dumb mistake.

I agree with most of your comments (don't want to see him cut), but it was not just one dumb mistake, it was the same dumb mistake multiple times in the same year, which he and Williams knew they would get extra attention on. How ****ing stupid are they to do so in light of this????

I equate it to a speed trap being set up in which one is ticketed, then told by the police when given the ticket we are going to be here every week and since you are now ticketed you are going to be profiled for future speeding. Then you get two more tickets at same speed trap in short order, then when asked about it later state you are not changing your driving habits...

GSF, I understand what you're saying from the stand point of on field play, but this is about more than just on-field talent. Over and over for the past couple of years we have been talking about Shanahan and his call for character guys. This is a direct contradiction. Not only did he not get cut, but he gets a 1 year deal worth over 5 million dollars.

It's all about consequences for these young players. If there are no negative consequences for poor decisions, then there is nothing learned from those actions/decisions. And I do not believe a 4 game suspension at the end of a season that was already over is adequate consequence for their actions. Sometimes a line needs to be drawn saying it does not matter how talented you are, if you are a knuckle head, you will not be a member of this team. That is a difficult decision, but one that would portray a very positive message going forward.

It's all about consequences for these young players. If there are no negative consequences for poor decisions, then there is nothing learned from those actions/decisions. And I do not believe a 4 game suspension at the end of a season that was already over is adequate consequence for their actions. Sometimes a line needs to be drawn saying it does not matter how talented you are, if you are a knuckle head, you will not be a member of this team. That is a difficult decision, but one that would portray a very positive message going forward.

I got an idea. Fred should be hazed instead of RG3 in camp.

Let’s not forget that both of these guys are on probation, one bad test and they're out of the league for a year.

Perhaps this is enough to get them to think before they do something extra stupid. (they're already at damned stupid).

Granted that after a year of exclusion, it's more than likely someone will take a chance on them but I think not the Redskins.

How much value these guys would merit after their vacation would be hard to judge, it's hard to play football with an albatross banging them on the chest.

GSF, I understand what you're saying from the stand point of on field play, but this is about more than just on-field talent. Over and over for the past couple of years we have been talking about Shanahan and his call for character guys. This is a direct contradiction. Not only did he not get cut, but he gets a 1 year deal worth over 5 million dollars.

I disagree with a lot of what you're saying here.

First and foremost, you don't cut your first round starting left tackle because he got caught smoking weed. The thought of it is just bizarre to me. We finally got our franchise QB, and you're willing to risk his blind side with a back up to set an example? No way Jose.

Second, i don't agree with your interpretation of what coaches like Shanahan and Gibbs are looking for when they refer to character. i think they are looking for hard workers who are team players and lead by examples. Example: London Fletcher. Example of a low character guy: Albert Haynesworth.

I agree with you that how players handle themselves off the field is part of their character, but getting caught smoking weed doesn't mean you have low character.

I think they probably look at what happend with Williams and Davis as stupid mistakes.

Third, I think the consequences of these stupid mistakes were a lot more severe then you think. A 4 game suspension is a pretty big hit financially. On top of that, you have no idea what else has happend between these players and the coaching staff behind closed doors. Also, as tom said, they're on probabtion now and if they get caught again they're out for a year which would likely be disastrerous for their careers. I'm pretty sure these guys understand they let their teamates, coaches, famlies, and fans down. Yeah, I don't think at all that these guys are like screw it, no big deal.

Fourth, I can just imagine how rest of the players would react if Shanny cut these guys to set an example. Players want to win now period. The Redskins are a whole lot better with Williams and Davis then they are without them. You don't cut young talent for making dumb mistakes. These guys are still young, and they're going to do some dumb **** from time to time. You mentor these guys, and give them strict guidance and discipline, and do what you have to do to ensure that they can help you win games.

I'm sorry Elephant, but you're just way off on this imo. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff would agree with me.

I disagree with a lot of what you're saying here.

First and foremost, you don't cut your first round starting left tackle because he got caught smoking weed. The thought of it is just bizarre to me. We finally got our franchise QB, and you're willing to risk his blind side with a back up to set an example? No way Jose.

Second, i don't agree with your interpretation of what coaches like Shanahan and Gibbs are looking for when they refer to character. i think they are looking for hard workers who are team players and lead by examples. Example: London Fletcher. Example of a low character guy: Albert Haynesworth.

I agree with you that how players handle themselves off the field is part of their character, but getting caught smoking weed doesn't mean you have low character.

I think they probably look at what happend with Williams and Davis as stupid mistakes.

Third, I think the consequences of these stupid mistakes were a lot more severe then you think. A 4 game suspension is a pretty big hit financially. On top of that, you have no idea what else has happend between these players and the coaching staff behind closed doors. Also, as tom said, they're on probabtion now and if they get caught again they're out for a year which would likely be disastrerous for their careers. I'm pretty sure these guys understand they let their teamates, coaches, famlies, and fans down. Yeah, I don't think at all that these guys are like screw it, no big deal.

Fourth, I can just imagine how rest of the players would react if Shanny cut these guys to set an example. Players want to win now period. The Redskins are a whole lot better with Williams and Davis then they are without them. You don't cut young talent for making dumb mistakes. These guys are still young, and they're going to do some dumb **** from time to time. You mentor these guys, and give them strict guidance and discipline, and do what you have to do to ensure that they can help you win games.

I'm sorry Elephant, but you're just way off on this imo. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff would agree with me.

GSF, it's ok to disagree. You may think you're right, but I don't. We will just have to agree to disagree. And I will even go so far as to say the coaching staff obviously agrees with you.

One thing you did say in this post that is inaccurate is that I said Trent Williams should have been cut. I did not. I said Fred Davis should have been cut. He had shown a proclivity toward irresponsible behavior before. Trent was younger and should be given the benefit of the doubt because this was the first real problem we had seen from him other than normal youthful indiscretion.

By cutting Davis, you send a very clear message to those who want to partake in illegal activities. If they want to play for the Washington Redskins, this is not the type of "character" that Shanahan wants around, he needs to be strict as you say. You can color it anyway you like, but their behavior showed more than just poor judgment, it showed disdain for the rule of law and the rules of the league. For Sleepy, it wasn't the first time he'd shown a lack of respect for authority. Leaders don't fall asleep in meetings and smoke pot in the off-season when they think they won't get caught! You're assertion that the actions of these two did not show a lack of character is fool-hearted. What they did does not show leadership, hard work or team first attitudes. It's lazy and irresponsible.

So, you see their punishment as appropriate, I don't. For Williams it was enough but Davis should have been cut, especially when the Head Coach keeps talking about bringing in "character" guys.

Come on, man. You're living in the past.
There's no such things as receptionists, anymore.
Just recordings that say, "If you're calling about a billing question, press 1. If you're calling because your butt itches, press 2. If you're calling because you would like to listen to another recorded menu, with several more options that most likely do not apply to you, press 3.

now that's funny!

Well, Davis might be RG3's second best friend after Williams.

I stand corrected about you saying Davis should be cut, not Williams. The premise is the same though. You don't cut young, elite talent over relatively minor infractions.

Anyways, you're right, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Wow.

All of the sudden, tackle is a priority in the 2013 draft.

*sigh*

I say we consider the Jeff Beck cut, as an example to made of, and a message to the rest of the team, not to suck :joker:

I admire your thinking.
Although I can appreciate where those who are calling for harsh disciplinary measures to be enacted upon young monsieurs Trent and Fred are coming from, our current depth chart precludes that option.
The sight of Jeff Beck's head on a pike should serve as enough warning.

jeff-beck-01.jpg

Do you think we should we cut Meriweather as well?

Yes finch, he does. (not sure I don't agree with him there though...but I am admittedly undecided)

Do you think we should we cut Meriweather as well?

To be honest, I am not sure I would have brought him in to start and I was surprised they didn't release him after his DUI. If he does not have a stellar pre-season, I wouldn't put it past them to cut him if the kid we took in the 7th round is near capable.

But the reality is, you're comparing apples and oranges. Even so, Shanahan started something when he first got here by dropping dead weight and drafting "character" guys. This off-season, he has been less inclined to follow that pattern.

But the reality is, you're comparing apples and oranges. Even so, Shanahan started something when he first got here by dropping dead weight and drafting "character" guys. This off-season, he has been less inclined to follow that pattern.
I wonder if this is a sign that he's beginning to feel the heat.

Certainly, trading away two first rounders and this year's second rounder to move up and take a QB speaks to that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.