• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 NBA Thread

Okc is great
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

And what a meltdown in Phoenix Friday night.

Last edited:
Man, nice double header on ABC this afternoon. OKC vs Miami and Boston vs LA.

Watching the second game now, Bos looks good. Real good.

I don't see a team in the league that could beat the Celtics in a series right now considering their size and depth. Unless age gets them.

I know many Laker fans will downplay this loss, it's what they do. :) But this season's Laker team is just not the same, regular season or not.

As a Heat fan, the Lakers don't scare me. Boston does.

Kobe starting to look old to me, doesn't seem to have as much left in his legs. Still scares the **** out of my, don't get me wrong. But he's not what he was even just two years ago, when Boston turns it on, pretty much unbeatable.

Nice win for the good guys in green this afternoon. :)

I think we get Delonte West back in two weeks, so that will shore up the backup pg position.

Shaq
Baby
West
Nate
Daniels

Not a bad second unit to throw on the floor vs the opponents second unit huh?

The Magic look awful. Their defense is pathetic, and there aren't enough balls to go around for all of the offensive talent.

If Hedo doesn't have the ball, he falls asleep. Jameer needs the ball to run the offense. Dwight of course, needs the ball. Ryan Anderson needs the ball. Redick needs the ball. Then Arenas enters the game, and he wants the ball.

Add this lack of cohesiveness with a ton of injuries, and they are looking at a tough week ahead, with both Miami and Boston on the schedule.

The early season trade was a massive one. It just takes time for that many new players to coalesce. The Heat are 48 games into it and still not where they will be at the end of the regular season. Ironically, the Heat are becoming a better team because of their multiple injuries. For one, it has allowed Mike Miller the playing time to work off his rust and to get into a flow that has afforded him a regular spot in the rotation.

Continuity and cohesion, like that exhibited by the Celtics and Spurs, takes time.

It definitely takes time. But I believe these issues have more to do with personality types. Like Hedo. He has to have the ball. His movement without the ball is awful. Just not sure they are going to mesh, and wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see another crazy blockbuster trade go off with them before the trade deadline.

Who are they gonna get? That's the problem. Rip? Another guy who needs the ball, not going to work. I'm telling you, Nash is the perfect play here, if they could convince Suns management to let him go. But that would crush their season tickets for next year, so I'm not thinking that will happen. They do need time to gel, but I think you're right. I don't see them knocking off the Bulls or Heat as is right now.

It definitely takes time. But I believe these issues have more to do with personality types.

I didn't like the trade when it went down. (Well, as a fan of a competitor I did.)

Losing Carter was addition by subtraction, imo. But losing Gortat and Pietrus cost them two defined role players who were glue guys for that franchise. (As well as some much needed interior size.) Like Haslem for the Heat. Lewis, although struggling, was a more versatile and less selfish player than Arenas. Orlando's biggest mistake was losing Hedo in the first place.

It seems to me, as an outsider, that the Magic traded away a decent portion of their team soul.

Getting Turkoglu back was good. Giving up Carter to do so was even better. Even when you had to throw in Gortat and Pietrus, I still think that will eventually pay dividends.

But the Arenas trade was and remains puzzling. Lewis was WAY overpaid, no one disputes that. But... so is Arenas. So you get more scoring potential, I get that, but more of a head case. Sure, Arenas isn't likely to disappear in the 4th like Lewis did, so I guess that's better. But like Chris said, that's an extra guy who needs the ball in his hands.

If you make another trade, I could see it working. As it stands now, Turkoglu will reestablish himself eventually. But I really don't see Arenas working well.

Magic Johnson suggests the Lakers may need to make a trade. Phil Jackson agrees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6080446

"If we weren't always looking to benefit our team, we wouldn't be doing our business," Jackson said after shootaround Tuesday afternoon in preparation for a game against the Rockets. "So, it was a good calling card that Mitch threw out there."

When asked to clarify what he meant by the phrase "calling card," Jackson said, "The door's open for business."

It sounds like they want to get younger. I wonder who they would trade? Fisher comes to mind immediately.

L.A.'s point guards are a true weakness. Fisher and Blake scare no one.

They don't need an awful lot. Look at how much Rondo's youth has helped the Celtics. It would be great if they could get a young slasher to come off e bench and spell Odom or Kobe, and who might be able to develop into a starter one day. I don't think the Knicks would trade I'm, but Gallinari has the chance to be really special, I think. Bynum for Galinari won't fly, i don't think,

Kevin Durant has scored at least 40 points in 3 of his last 4 games.

I wonder if the Lakers will be interested tonight. You know, it being the regular season and all.

Magic/Lebron tonight. Should be a great one.

I was thinking Heat/Howard. :)

Bass is out for Orlando, Anderson gets the start.

I love Anderson. I just hope Redick can play. If he can, I believe the Magic win. If not, then Miami should win.

I hate Hedo, he plays bad defence, cant play off the ball on offence and isnt a difference maker when he gets the ball, all around turdbucket.

I have started watching OKC, man I love durants game, anyone who focuses on defence but still has skill on Offence is so rare nowadays and that whole team plays with energy at both ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.