• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2011 NBA Thread

That's an easy answer.

Wouldn't the real Superman have rings?

Who has 'em, who doesn't? :)

Good game last night. A few observations:

I thought the Magic had the benefit of a few lucky calls from the refs. But, on the other hand, KG probably should have gotten a technical. Had that been Dwight Howard, he would have gotten a T.

Magic on offense: Pretty terrible display. JJ Redick was totally silent, and Turk didn't do much. Also, Dwight wasn't hitting a lot--he should have had 45 last night. Props to Boston's defense in guarding JJ and Turk. Ryan Anderson was huge, however.

Magic on defense: Awful. Jason Richardson mostly. That defense should improve with another 60 days together. Missed assignments left KG wide open too many times. I trust that will be corrected by the next time the two teams meet. The fourth game of a road trip might have had something to do with it too.

Boston on offense: Ray Allen and KG. Ray was good behind the line, and KG hit some easy jumpers, and set some good screens. Not much else from the rest of the team.

Boston on defense: Pretty good on not allowing Turk to get rolling, and they stopped one of the hottest players in the league in Redick. But who was supposed to cover Ryan Anderson? KG? I'm not sure. KG made up for it though on the offensive end.

It will be interesting to see what provides the better spark down the road. Perkins coming back for the Celtics, or the new Magic players having time to gel together and learn Stan's defense.

Last edited:
Good game last night. A few observations:

I thought the Magic had the benefit of a few lucky calls from the refs. But, on the other hand, KG probably should have gotten a technical. Had that been Dwight Howard, he would have gotten a T.

Very doubtful.

Dwight went to the line more times than the entire Celtics team at one point last night and was only called for ONE personal foul last night.

The Refs turned a blind eye on Dwight last night. he wasn't getting called for nothing. Not even the four or five times he switched pivot feet in one sequence last night.

Boston on offense: Ray Allen and KG. Ray was good behind the line, and KG hit some easy jumpers, and set some good screens. Not much else from the rest of the team.

Rondo hit two outside shots early which forced the Magic to play him honest. That opened up the floor for our offense the rest of the night.

Boston on defense: Pretty good on not allowing Turk to get rolling, and they stopped one of the hottest players in the league in Redick. But who was supposed to cover Ryan Anderson? KG? I'm not sure. KG made up for it though on the offensive end.

At the time Anderson was heatingup, that was Harangody's responsibility. The guy looks flat out lost on defense at times.

It will be interesting to see what provides the better spark down the road. Perkins coming back for the Celtics, or the new Magic players having time to gel together and learn Stan's defense.

Be interesting to see how the good guys look when Perkins and Delonte West get back.

Should be a fun rematch. :)

Cyclical, LL. NBA was on top in the mid-90's, it'll be back on top sometime. Not sure when, but sometime.

Actually, in thinking about it, I wonder if the concussion issue might potentially damage the NFL at some point, opening the door for the other leagues? God forbid someone actually die on the field, but if that happened sometime, I wonder what would happen...

I think I prefer the nba over the nfl for the first time in my life now. Maybe the skins losses and drama are wearing on me.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I'm getting there fast, McD. I still love the NFL, but I so enjoy watching good basketball. I never played football, but I played high school B-Ball, and when it is played well, is a beautiful thing to watch. My ten year old daughter plays and I enjoy coaching her some. It's fun watching someone that young learn the game. I guess I would say I know basketball more than football, and appreciate good team oriented basketball more than good solid football. Like you said, considering what we have had to put up with in DC, shouldn't be a huge surprise.

Wow, the magic have looked awful lately. They stole one tonight at home against a pretty weak team.

Anybody wanna place bets where Melo ends up? Sounds like the Nets is out for now anyway. Prokhorov took them out of the running yesterday, unless that was a negotiating tactic. Clippers? Knicks? Mystery team?

The Knicks have always been and remain the frontrunner for Anthony. Nets may come back into play because Brooklyn must still have some allure for him. I'm not convinced that Prokhorov's move was truly borne out of frustration at Anthony. He may just be tired of the Nuggets yanking him around.

Taking my dad to the Wizards/Celtics game tonight, I think it's the first time in years he will have gone to a game. I can't wait.

That's awesome Goaldeje. I take mine to at least one Tampa Bay Bucs game every season. Enjoy yourselves--you will have a blast.

Taking my dad to the Wizards/Celtics game tonight, I think it's the first time in years he will have gone to a game. I can't wait.

You two are now official good luck charms. Thanks for the win against the Celtics. :)

Also, welcome to Miami, Mr. Miller. We've been waiting!

Fun time last night, though Dad was disappointed. Boston looked so good in the first, then Doc pulled all his starters at almost the same time. The reserves just weren't getting it done. I think if he staggered it a little more maybe the Wiz wouldn't have gotten the momentum back.

Having said that, watching John Wall in person was awesome. Man is fast, with outstanding body control. I know everyone compares him to Iverson, who I watched in high school, and that's a good comparison. He is going to be good. Really good. Got big ole set of balls, as that late three showed.

Anyway, a good time, nice two hour drive up and back to hang out with Dad, went to dinner in Chinatown, had a nice time.

Glad you had fun Goaldeje. And while your team didn't win, at least it was an exciting finish. Good win for the Wiz.

Yeah, great finish. I haven't been to an NBA game in years, and forgot how much easier it is to follow the action away from the ball. The TV really keeps you focused on the ball, in person you can watch the play unfold a lot easier. Give Doc some credit, he has some great plays designed. There were a couple of in bounds plays that were great, in particular.

Dwight had an incredible game: 40 points, 15 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocked shots and two assists......and the Magic still lost the game. Unbelievable.

And he didn't intentionally punch an opponent in the nuts.

Durante is the truth. Watched him crush the Wiz in the OT sessions last night. The Wiz didn't wilt, give them credit, but when it counted, Durante was just money. Didn't have a great g ame overall, but brought it ithe OT. West brook's two back to back layups were unreal as well.

What a fun team to watch. They have a chance to be scary good for the next 7-10 years, injuries aside. Look at that, building a team through the draft with patience? Craziness I tell ya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.