• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who should start at QB next week, if RG3 can't ?

Who should start at QB next week, if RG3 can't ?

• Kirk

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Rex

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Bring in a new player

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
You start Cousins. He needs time if Griff is asked to continue to take hits like the one he took today. Actually, he is responsible for that hit by trying to make too much happen. He should have thrown that ball away. Meh, they keep asking him to do the impossible...

Cousins will eventuallty be our QB anyway because RGIII is gonna get rocked one too many times

Reality fellas. He takes too many more hits like that and they'll change his name to Stabauch.

I'm hoping he'll learn to throw **** like that away or get out of bounds or slide. And I do have confidence he will learn.

I just hope he doesn't die in the process

Reality fellas. He takes too many more hits like that and they'll change his name to Stabauch.

I'm hoping he'll learn to throw **** like that away or get out of bounds or slide. And I do have confidence he will learn.

I just hope he doesn't die in the process

Thing is, Cousins may face the same fate as Griffin, due to the O-line.

Ironically, Griffin faces hard hits because he CAN run, but Cousins will face hard hits because he CANNOT run.

'Bring in another player' is just a ridiculous option.

Cousins did good things today, and not so good. Not exactly a recipe for success asking him to win the game in tough circumstances. Griffin struggled today, if you ask me, and I don't think we were destined to win it today regardless of who was under center. We couldn't convert a 3rd down to save us, and Griffin wasn't tearing it up prior to getting rocked either.

I think Griffin will be back next week, but it'll be Cousins getting the nod if not. I'd be surprised if that weren't the case.

Cousins may not be as fast as Griff, but he is a mobile QB.

Watching the Colts v Packers, Luck with his size break away from tackles a.l.a. Big Ben and seeing Griff get hurt because he runs too much is why I wanted tLuck more than Griff. It is what it is and we have a spectacular QB but if he continues to get hit, he won't last long. That was my rub against the trade in the first place...that is just Griffs style of play.

It is what it is, we have a tremendous young QB, but we cannot continue to send him down field to continue to take the pounding like that. Shanahan has to insist he throw the ball away on plays like the one he took that hit on today!

You start Cousins. The whole point of drafting Kurt is to develop him as a viable starter off the bench in case of injury to RGIII and then be able to trade him for premium picks at the end of his rookie contract.

Starting Grossman accomplishes nothing. At 31 Grossman is not going to improve and he is not going to make the difference on the field, we saw that last season.

Kyle Shanahan.

Once he gets rocked two or three times, maybe the playcalling smartens up a bit.

Kyle Shanahan.

Once he gets rocked two or three times, maybe the playcalling smartens up a bit.

Actually, I have to say they kept the reigns on Griff most of the game, but on that play he got hurt he tried to do too much. The coaches need to change that mentality. Griff has to learn to know he cannot do it all, the hits are taking their toll already.

It's not some 'minor issue' as most fans are treating it.

If the Redskins don't get a handle, both on their called use of Griffin AND his propensity to take off without concern for his own safety, he'll be a shell of the QB he came into the league as within 3 seasons. He won't last 5 as an NFL starter.

It's a real concern, not a minor one.

Are we seriously having this discussion? Seriously?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.