• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who should start at QB next week, if RG3 can't ?

Who should start at QB next week, if RG3 can't ?

• Kirk

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Rex

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Bring in a new player

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, but it might not be "getting experience," it might be "ruining him forever" - that's my point. Throwing a QB to the wolves too early, especially behind a line as porous as ours, can be disasterous!

Let's think about it for a second, if you bring Rex in to run the offense, you really have to change your entire game plan. He just is not physically talented enough to do what Kirk Cousins can do. But Kirk Cousins proved he can do what Rex does...throw a great TD pass and follow it up by a couple of INT's.

Edit: You guys are down on Cousins for what he did yesterday, but he was asked to do a lot. He was thrown into the game cold and was asked to keep up with one of the best in the game this year. He made rookie mistakes, but showed some potential too.

Let's think about it for a second, if you bring Rex in to run the offense, you really have to change your entire game plan. He just is not physically talented enough to do what Kirk Cousins can do. But Kirk Cousins proved he can do what Rex does...throw a great TD pass and follow it up by a couple of INT's.

True...but when Rex gets rocked play after play, it doesn't matter. He is what he is, we're not going to "ruin" him. Cousins, on the other hand...

Also, anyone could have hit that TD pass, including probably most on this board. Santana was about as wide-open as a WR can be in the NFL...

True...but when Rex gets rocked play after play, it doesn't matter. He is what he is, we're not going to "ruin" him. Cousins, on the other hand...

Also, anyone could have hit that TD pass, including probably most on this board. Santana was about as wide-open as a WR can be in the NFL...

But if Rex was throwing it, Tana would have had to make a diving catch and it would have only been a 30 yard gain instead of a 77 yard TD.

But if Rex was throwing it, Tana would have had to make a diving catch and it would have only been a 30 yard gain instead of a 77 yard TD.

Haha, maybe. But he was so wide open, he would have had time to get back up and run to the endzone!

I see what you're saying about throwing to the wolves, but that is what we're doing with Griffin... I know he is a far superior talent than Cousins, but he is being beaten as much as Carr was in his rookie year, just not for sacks...because he is running a lot.

I see what you're saying about throwing to the wolves, but that is what we're doing with Griffin... I know he is a far superior talent than Cousins, but he is being beaten as much as Carr was in his rookie year, just not for sacks...because he is running a lot.

Yeah...in my opinion, RG3 can handle it better than others. The rule doesn't apply to everyone, and it may not apply to Cousins...I just think we shouldn't find out. Who knows though...

You start Cousins. He needs time if Griff is asked to continue to take hits like the one he took today. Actually, he is responsible for that hit by trying to make too much happen. He should have thrown that ball away. Meh, they keep asking him to do the impossible...

i agree, but maybe griff didn't trust billy to make tha fg ! :thumbsdown:

i've taken thom lovero's opinion on this...

trotting rex grossman out to take snaps under center is an insult to my intelligence.

I would go with Cousins if RG3 can't play. I feel Cousins gives a better chance to win versus Rex. Cousins is coachable and can learn. Rex is Rex.

I just have more confidence with Cousins. Question is who does the locker room prefer? Or who does the Shanahan's prefer is the big question.

I do hope everyone realizes I was kidding about Grossman. I never want to see him on the field again

This is probably for another thread but honestly Griff should sit no matter what. If he had a concussion we don't need to risk compounding that just so this mediocre team has a better chance of going 3-3.

I agree with you H. But NFL teams just don't look at it that way. I think Griffin will play.

Bull****. If he's medically cleared to play, you play him. Hopefully, it's taught him to not be so stupid in the future.

Lesson learned. Move on.

This is probably for another thread but honestly Griff should sit no matter what. If he had a concussion we don't need to risk compounding that just so this mediocre team has a better chance of going 3-3.

Plus, it gives Shanahan a great excuse, to give more of an opportunity to audition Cousins, to increase his trade value :)

Bull****. If he's medically cleared to play, you play him. Hopefully, it's taught him to not be so stupid in the future.

Lesson learned. Move on.

'Medically cleared' by the staff that said he was 'shaken up' and 'questionable to return' when it was obvious to everyone in the sporting universe he had a concussion?

I guess ... I have to say though, I don't trust the team doctors. There's a reason concussions have become such a hot topic in the NFL lately. There's a reason rules are changing and players are suing. We shouldn't take this stuff lightly, and so far I'm not impressed with our team's cavalier attitude about the whole thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.