• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who should start at QB next week, if RG3 can't ?

Who should start at QB next week, if RG3 can't ?

• Kirk

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Rex

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Bring in a new player

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Suspect Brother Neo is expressing surprise at the 'who' part, not that we might have to go with a back up next week.

Bring on Sexy Rexy. We have receivers now. He can throw that **** deep! He's rested. He's ready!

Is that Garcon? I think he’s triple-covered. You know what? **** it. I’m throwing it downfield.

Yeah, I see Davis open on the flank. But **** that. Dumpoff passes are for ******s. I’m ****ing Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can’t, I bet I’ll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What’s that? I should throw a quick slant? **** that. That’s gay. Button hook? Gay. Flare out? Gay. Screen pass? Kevin Spacey gay. This is ****ing football. You can’t just expect wins to come to you. You can’t massage that ****. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving **** out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You’re a *****. This ain’t John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy’s got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I’m throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Cowboyys cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She ****ing wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh ****. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt ****ing great to throw that ****. Tell me that wasn’t one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I’m gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I’m gonna nail him right between the ****ing eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we’re talking about here. We’re talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I’m not just a gunslinger. I’m a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am ****ing out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I’ll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I’m gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it’s worth. It tells them I throw like I ****. That’s how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you’re not turned on right now. I am.

Suspect Brother Neo is expressing surprise at the 'who' part, not that we might have to go with a back up next week.

Exactly. To me it is a no brainer. If we have to sit Griff, we start Captain Kirk and suit Rex up to be his backup.

I don't get why this is even a question.

That's what I interpreted his post as being about myself.

The fact that this discussion-including all of the options being presented as potential choices-exists I don't find surprising at all.

It's a feature of every fan site in the NFL-part of the allure of NFL fandom, I guess. Every possible option-whether it makes sense or not-is presented for public perusal and response. Sometimes the responses get...let's say...contentious :rolleyes2:, but they're out there.

We have three QBs on the roster-therefore we have two options in case Grif is unable to play the next game.

It's when the discussion turns to the desirability or practicality of the options that things can get interesting. (Nice euphemism, huh?) :)

I guess Neo and I would argue (or like to believe anyway) that this isn't 'every fan site in the NFL'.

Guess we could be wrong though :)

Exactly. To me it is a no brainer. If we have to sit Griff, we start Captain Kirk and suit Rex up to be his backup.

I don't get why this is even a question.

It's a feature of every fan site in the NFL-part of the allure of NFL fandom, I guess. Every possible option-whether it makes sense or not-is presented for public perusal and response. Sometimes the responses get...let's say...contentious :rolleyes2:, but they're out there.

We have three QBs on the roster-therefore we have two options in case Grif is unable to play the next game.

I guess Neo and I would argue (or like to believe anyway) that this isn't 'every fan site in the NFL'.

What you guys need to understand is that when facing excruciating and traumatic circumstances such as kickers who cannot tell the difference between a goal-post and a fan waving a yellow towel, that even us fans can suffer a self-inflicted concussion, by banging our head out frustration, thus compromising our judgment skills :wall:

Hey, it's way better here than the vast majority of 'em, Boone.

Waaaay better.

There are just some things that are common among NFL team fans-but we do that stuff better here too. :)

See now, that is just the thing. I might think we had 2 options if both other guys had dressed for all 5 games so far but only 1 of them has. That means the choice was made long ago.

Frankly, suiting Rex up to take over if something happened "in game" to RGIII while starting Cousins only after a week of practice if RGIII can't go is what makes sense to me. However, the staff appears to have made the decision that Rex is the 3rd guy. Period.

Which seems to make mute any other point. Yes?

you can't win games in the NFL with a turnover machine at qb. Grossman had more fumbles and INTs together than any other starter in 2011.

the only sane move is to give Cousins the reps and take this opportunity to begin developing him.

See now, that is just the thing. I might think we had 2 options if both other guys had dressed for all 5 games so far but only 1 of them has. That means the choice was made long ago.

Frankly, suiting Rex up to take over if something happened "in game" to RGIII while starting Cousins only after a week of practice if RGIII can't go is what makes sense to me. However, the staff appears to have made the decision that Rex is the 3rd guy. Period.

Which seems to make mute any other point. Yes?

Si'
Oui
Ja
Sim
Ano
Yes

Rex is basically an assistant coach in 2012 for $1.25M.

Yes, he can suit up and get on the field but his days of starting games in the NFL are over.

What does he have, to teach ?
RG3: So if I my 1st and 2nd read are covered, what then.

Rex: Pump it and go deep.

RG3: Even if he's doubled?

Rex: Hell yeah! "I know I can fit it in there"...that's the number one rule to playing QB in this league...never forget that.

Neither is a good option but Cuz hasn't yet learned how NOT to stare down his receivers. Bring on the ridicule but I'd start Rex.

I guess I am the only one who will be the Devil's Advocate:

Kirk is clearly not ready to start. To those of you who say just "throw him out there," let me throw two names at you: Aaron Rodgers and David Carr. These are pretty much the best two examples of a QB who is not ready to start; one got to wait a year (EDIT: a couple years, actually), learning, and is now one of the best QBs in the league. The other was thrown to the wolves immediately, and is now out of the NFL (possibly a 3rd-string QB somewhere).

You start Rex - he knows the offense and gives them the best chance to win. Cousins proved he is not ready, throwing two pretty horrible INTs in relief of Griffin. You never know how failure will effect a QB's confidence; and starting Cousins now is setting him up for failure. He does not have the wheels Griffin does, and will get sacked. A lot. So will Rex, mind you, but who cares? He's a known commodity, and not anything we're trying to protect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to belabor the point, but I'm still baffled as to why we felt the need to draft a rookie to back up a rookie at QB. If Grossman wasn't good enough to back up Griffin we should have signed a more solid vet to do it. Cousins doesn't look near ready right now.

Bring on Sexy Rexy. We have receivers now. He can throw that **** deep! He's rested. He's ready!

...Tell me you’re not turned on right now. I am.
Not turned on but certainly laughing like hell. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'd say we have to start Cousins. As Bulldog pointed out earlier, the plan for Cousins (at least in my mind anyway) has always been to try to have him as a serviceable backup (which Grossman just is NOT BTW) while parlaying the investment into a higher pick(s). The sooner he gets a bit of game experience to move his development along, the better.

Certainly I held my breath just like everyone else when RGIII took that hit but the silver lining is that hopefully he learns from this mistake and Cousins gets to start earning his bones en route to becoming "the man" somewhere else. However for that to happen we can't go in with a gameplan designed for RGIII. Lean on the running game and short passes and he'll have a shot at not getting killed. That said, I doubt we can beat the Vikes because they're a bad matchup but if we get Kirk "80's hair" Cousins a bit of experience it won't be a total loss.

In a rebuilding season in which you are starting a rookie qb and rb anyway, why would you bypass a physically capable backup in Cousins and give him a chance to gain valuable experience only to start a 31 year old player who has already shown he is not capable of getting the job done?

Kurt Cousins progressing over a 2-3 game stretch (which I don't see here as I think Griffin will be back sooner rather than later), is worth more to this franchise long-term than Grossman winning one game off the inactive list.

When will some of you realize that the Redskins are still in a painful transition to a younger roster of players that need to get experience?

What happens Sunday to Sunday is not aimed at unseating the Giants or beating out the 49ers to go to the Super Bowl this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.