• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

I have subbed ground pork rinds for flour with pretty good results

Here you go, Win. Pan-fried flounder top coated in panko, parmesan, salt & pepper.
3410B0A5-EFC8-4CA0-9067-17052B48AD95.jpeg

Bought some Bison meat recently - a couple of tomahawk steaks and some huge thick ribeyes. The tomahawks are getting a Malbec/garlic/parsley/onion marinade, the ribeyes I just coated with olive oil and gave a generous rubbing with Montreal Steak seasoning.

Tomorrow evening, I'm going to put them in the BGE indirect at low temp until they reach 115 degrees or so, then gonna pull them off, get that sucker up to about 600 degrees, and direct sear them 2 minutes per side. Serve with Hasselback potatoes.

Brother Om who's coming down for a couple days of golf is going to eat well Sunday night.

Ostrich maybe, it’s a more lean beef

I have a Jambalaya recipe that is just killer I found in an old 'Frugal Gourmet' cookbook... love a lot of his stuff but he was apparently a legit pedophile so I always have mixed feelings making one of his recipes...

Anyway, I love cajun cuisine but have never made anything other than my favorite Jambalaya. Going to try and expand my reportoire and do a Gumbo with chicken, sausage, and shrimp today and make some red beans and rice to go with it.

I did a favor for a work friend who is a native Alaskan and she and her husband dropped by last evening with some moose tenderloin, salmon, and halibut. I'm going to do a moose vegetable stew in the instant pot tonight. I'm thinking it won't suck although I've never had or prepared moose before.

I don’t know about moose but reindeer is delicious.

(And I don’t like venison.)

OMG, it was so good. Becoming a big fan of the instant pot too - so versatile….

I don’t use my instant pot very often but it is definitely an awesome tool…

Wife made homemade donuts tonight with raspberry filling and some chocolate ganache covered. Pretty damn good unless you’re on n a diet

Made mac and cheese over the weekend, and put bacon in it, which by itself made it even better. But then I took the bacon grease and made the roux for the bechemel sauce out of it and that was just... great. It was great. Used basic white cheddar cheese and a little nice Parm but that was it. Really freaking good.

I don’t know about moose but reindeer is delicious.

(And I don’t like venison.)

Depends on how it’s been grazing really. Just like any wild game the best tasting ones have a favorable habitat to graze.

Reindeer/caribou is f’n fantastic! I like it best cut into small strips and pan fried into fajitas.

Made mac and cheese over the weekend, and put bacon in it, which by itself made it even better. But then I took the bacon grease and made the roux for the bechemel sauce out of it and that was just... great. It was great. Used basic white cheddar cheese and a little nice Parm but that was it. Really freaking good.

Next time you make mac n cheese, give cream cheese a try with it. I’ve been using it lately in my pastas and the dishes have been getting rave reviews.

Depends on how it’s been grazing really. Just like any wild game the best tasting ones have a favorable habitat to graze.

Reindeer/caribou is f’n fantastic! I like it best cut into small strips and pan fried into fajitas.

I had local in Lapland. I guess mine was the same as Santa eats.

Yeah with moose though I’ve had some good, some not so much. My neighbor shot one in Alaska and had it made into summer sausage infused with cheese and jalapeños. Was really good.

Yesterday had a simple oldie but goodie. Salisbury steaks and mashed potatoes smothered in brown gravy w/baguettes to dip in it all.

Been craving it and it didn’t disappoint.

Last edited:
Smoking a "Poor Man's" brisket today.

I put it on the smoker at 7:30am.

If you've never done one, I can highly recommend it. Treat it just like you would regular brisket, except wrapping isn't optional. I let 'er get a really good bark, (usually around 165-170), and stick it in the drip pan, cover tightly with foil and cook until probe tender.

Is it an actual brisket or are you using another cut and smoking it like a brisket? I smoked a Bison brisket last weekend that was awesome. Very lean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.