• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Nothing but fat and protein.

Keto fried chicken sounds a lot like Atkins. When did Atkins years ago we ground up pork rinds a lot.

It wasn't bad at all. Nice to have something different. I don't think keto is sustainable long-term because there are only so many low-carb/no-carb foods out there and it really limits what you can have. Short-term, it works, so I'm just going to try and grind it out till I get closer to goal weight.

Still keto-ing. Had a 3 lb brisket flat in the fridge. Salt and peppered generously, then browned in a dutch oven with some sesame oil. Made a stock of beef broth, chopped garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce, a little Splenda brown sugar, a TBSP of gochugaru (korean red pepper flakes used for kimchi), and a TBSP of Harissa. Covered the dutch oven and in the oven at 350 for 3-4 hours.

I've thought about keto or doing Atkins again. My concern is it is getting difficult and expensive to buy meats. Go to the store and may have some beef but limited selection. Forget ground beef. Chicken is just as bad.

Just curious is if finding the right things is making a diet like this difficult?

I've thought about keto or doing Atkins again. My concern is it is getting difficult and expensive to buy meats. Go to the store and may have some beef but limited selection. Forget ground beef. Chicken is just as bad.

Just curious is if finding the right things is making a diet like this difficult?

Ive had not problem. Fish, meat, eggs, nuts, cheese, those are my staples.

Cottage Cheese with fresh tomato salsa. Om 's favorite.

That’s a new Taco Bell delicacy right?

I’m imagining it is :)

When you guys buy salmon in the store you dont buy pink salmon right? It’s like the carp of the salmon world FYI

Pulled out the last of the quail from our hunting trip last fall. Marinated it in some homemade soy sauce, some fish sauce, white pepper, and garlic powder. Air frying it. Likely will be dry, because quail always is if you don't wrap it in bacon or do something else to add some fat. But I don't mind. Should taste great. I am working through my freezer right now to avoid the grocery store :)

Today, going to steal an idea from a friend.... gonna get a pork tenderloin, inject it with cherry cola, rub it down with a sweet pork rub, and smoke it on the smoker with a little bit of apple wood. Will hit it with some BBQ sauce a couple times over the last hour or so.

On the side, going to pull back the husk on some corn, remove the silk, soak in cold water for a couple of hours, and then coat the corn inside with some olive oil, pork rub, and pepper, cover again with the husk, and steam on the grill.

Last edited:
Tonight in the cast iron skillet: Rice mixed with slices of vidalia onion, green peppers, mushrooms, carrots, and broccoli. Had pork chops and a salad to go with it. Enough leftovers for lunch the next two days - unless any of you decide to stop by.

Been making homemade Ricotta from our fresh-from-the-farm raw milk lately. Usually I make Ricotta Pasta or something like that but I changed it up this week. Last night I made manicotti with beef and rosemary and tonight I'm doing a cheese lasagna.

The homemade stuff is SOOOOO much better than the store-bought. I mentioned off-hand to my wife a couple of weeks ago that I needed some store-bought for a quick recipe and she glared at me so long I apologized and asked her if I should make a single or double batch.

I have no skills in this arena. I'm sort of in a culinary rut. Need to learn some new tricks and tackle some things I've never tried before.

I have no skills in this arena. I'm sort of in a culinary rut. Need to learn some new tricks and tackle some things I've never tried before.

It is super easy and delicious-

Making Carolina Chicken Bog tomorrow, one of my top ten favorite recipes. Super easy and a crowd pleaser. The wife's parents are coming by for some social distancing on the deck and it's a pretty easy meal to throw together.

Making Carolina Chicken Bog tomorrow, one of my top ten favorite recipes. Super easy and a crowd pleaser. The wife's parents are coming by for some social distancing on the deck and it's a pretty easy meal to throw together.

Gonna have to get some details on this one at some point...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.