• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

Yeah, sorry.

Good starting point but you can really go in a lot of directions with extra veggies and spices. I will recommend just starting with the original (without Italian Seasoning in that recipe) - you'll be amazed at the flavor from so few ingredients. Also, I just use chicken broth instead of water + bullion, but whatever you're comfortable with.

Really really good comfort food. Highly recommended.

Sounds like a bit like a jambalaya without tomatoes.

Two Cherokee tomato sandwiches - with flat bread and mayo. A couple of small chicken tenders. Beet juice. Nice, small and simple supper.

I ordered some catfish from Cracker Barrel earlier. Along with Mac n cheese, corn, green beans, and a couple of biscuits. Ordered the same things for lunch tomorrow. Saving the biscuits for breakfast both days this weekend.

Calling it a day. See everyone tomorrow.

Making homemade split pea soup in the crockpot to serve with ham and some french bread.

Sounds pretty awesome!

The family is away at the beach this weekend so I bought a 2 inch thick, 20 oz NY strip. It was perfectly marbled. I seared it in bacon grease, then broiled it slowly for about 25 minutes. Did not season it, just added some salt after it was cooked.

Sautee'd some fresh kale with garlic and olive oil.

Soooooooo good!

Before I even cut into it, I knew I wasn't eating the whole thing. It was too big, so guess what I'll be having for dinner tomorrow night, too. Mmm....

Smoked beef Dino ribs. I feel like 'Dino' has to be capitalized.

Doing a pasta salad with local tomatoes and red onion.

Blackberry cobbler done in the dutch oven for dessert.

I'm thinking this won't suck?

Blackberry cobbler pics or didn’t happen.

Neighbor brought us some fresh tomatoes from his garden and did up some BLT’s. Put a piece of Colby jack and some mayo and boom went the dynamite! Simple but damn good

My folks (finally) bought and closed on a house about ten minutes from us so I made a celebratory dinner Wednesday. Beef Tenderloin slow-roasted in the oven (would have grilled but rain prevented that) which was amazing. But the star of the show was a bacon-wrapped gratin. Fan bacon out of the middle of a cast iron skillet, then layer mandolined potatoes, cheese and onion for 5 layers, then fold the bacon overtop of everything and cook for 3 hours.

It was incredible.

Followed that up with homemade Chocolate-Orange ice cream which was quite good too.

(for good reason, I did not want to step on the scale yesterday)

'Would have grilled but rain prevented that'?

Please report to the Human Resources office. And bring your man card.

Wife made a bomb ass beef stroganoff with linguini noodles, homemade croissants and a cranberry cake with a butter/sugar sauce.

I haven't ever made beef stroganoff, although I love it.

I am mid-cook with a brisket flat. Going to do some broiled whole tomatoes filled with pico de gallo, salsa verde, and mozzarella to go with it.

How’d your tomatoes turn out?

thinking back on all the DFAC’s I’m kinda craving Shawarmas. You guys ever had any? It’s basically the middle eastern version of gyros.

Tomatoes were just okay... sometimes what you dream up on your head isn’t nearly as good as you imagined. Brisket was incredible though!

I've got a 15lb brisket sitting in my freezer waiting for an excuse. Since we don't really have gatherings of over 5 anymore it may be a while...

Been baking a lot lately (because I'm trying to be consistent with working from home during the pandemic) and enjoying it. Lots of breads, a few desserts, etc. I did figure out how make my amazing chocolate chip cookie recipe work with a cast-iron skillet to make one large cookie. That's been a hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.