• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's for Dinner?

I fell in love with the Thai Peanut Sauce, some time ago, and then recently the idea occurred to me, what if you could marinate the chicken in something like that, so the peanut flavor is soaked into the whole thing.
So, I just started searching the net for things to add to the peanut butter to create the marinade.
Are you looking to make your own peanut dipping sauce, separate from the chicken. or a peanut marinade ?

Well its like a dipping sauce but you just ladle it over the chicken and white rice when served. We order that same dang thing everytime now, fried calamari for appetizer and thai peanut chicken on white rice w/ side of steam broccoli.

Gonna be Kenai red salmon in some fashion. I'm open to any good fish rubs or marinades you guys have.....

A month late to the party, but better late then never, eh? Salmon + lemon + dill is never a bad thing. I used to poach a fillet in bourbon, with the fillet sitting on top of lemon slices - fantastic dinner. I don't use too many commercials rubs or marinades, but Wegman's has an amazing Cilantro-Lime marinade that will knock your socks off. I've been grilling shrimp all Summer with it and have had people on multiple, different occasions tell me it's the best shrimp they've ever had.

I was in Indy two weeks ago for work and ate a Flemish restaurant for the first time. They had a great Trippel - brewed all the beers in house - as well as a Raspberry Brown that was a touch too sweet for me, but still good. But they had mussells in a bacon and blue cheese wine sauce that was just incredible. I made it at home this last Saturday, and it was very, very good, but not quite as good as in Indy. I think that means I need to go back and reorder and keep trying, right?

(I will say the restaurant had homemade fries, and so did I - mine were just as good there :) )

Nice Goal, gonna have to give that a try. Just peaking at the Wegmans site can make one pretty damn hungry.

Welcome to the forums, Goaldeje. It's always nice to see new members!

A month late to the party, but better late then never, eh? Salmon + lemon + dill is never a bad thing. I used to poach a fillet in bourbon, with the fillet sitting on top of lemon slices - fantastic dinner. I don't use too many commercials rubs or marinades, but Wegman's has an amazing Cilantro-Lime marinade that will knock your socks off. I've been grilling shrimp all Summer with it and have had people on multiple, different occasions tell me it's the best shrimp they've ever had.

I was in Indy two weeks ago for work and ate a Flemish restaurant for the first time. They had a great Trippel - brewed all the beers in house - as well as a Raspberry Brown that was a touch too sweet for me, but still good. But they had mussells in a bacon and blue cheese wine sauce that was just incredible. I made it at home this last Saturday, and it was very, very good, but not quite as good as in Indy. I think that means I need to go back and reorder and keep trying, right?

(I will say the restaurant had homemade fries, and so did I - mine were just as good there :) )

Good lord, that all sounds amazing. I wish I'd known you were going to Indy - there's a hundred year old steak house there, St. Elmo's, that is a life-changing experience. They have a shrimp cocktail alone that you think about for years. You definitely need to visit if you find yourself in Indy again.

Good lord, that all sounds amazing. I wish I'd known you were going to Indy - there's a hundred year old steak house there, St. Elmo's, that is a life-changing experience. They have a shrimp cocktail alone that you think about for years. You definitely need to visit if you find yourself in Indy again.

I go there every two months for work, should be back in October. Between the movie, the song and Ron Swanson, I'm not sure I could handle going to St Elmo's, but I'm willing to try.

IMG_2819.jpg

yummmmm

Not dinner but lunch. Just polished off a batch of caribou steak n eggs. Nothing fancy at all just used olive oil, salt n peppa, garlic & all seasoning.

Pretty darn tasty!

Edit: If you guys have never tried caribou, you're living a lie!

Last edited:
Caribou? That's a thing up there, eh? Pretty sure there is none down here.

Caribou? That's a thing up there, eh? Pretty sure there is none down here.

Yeah unless you can make it to northern Idaho chances are slim. Should probably check out your local zoo's first tho, the felony charge is worth it!

Just made fried egg, elk bacon, cheeseburgers.........was goooooood!

Got a pork shoulder on the Kamado right now. My office window is above our deck with the grill. The smell is amazing. Productivity, however, is not.

It was pretty good. Rub with brown sugar, smoked paprika, smoked cumin, dried oranges, salt and pepper. I'll make sammiches one night with the leftovers and tacos another night.

Had a South Street porter with it that is their Soft-Serv, and sumbitch tastes like Ice Cream. It's unreal.

Question, you guys like a ton of cayenne pepper in your eggs? I may have a problem....

I think you have a problem :) Lol...I've never even thought of putting cayenne on my eggs...

I can make a mean chili. Instead of doing one of my usual varients, found a Purdue fan's 'Boilermaker Chili' recipe online. Sounded pretty good. Lots more peppers and beans than I'd use (and even included some celery), and also included sausage which I wouldn't ordinarily use. Smells great :) As a side doing some Tex-Mex buttermilk cornbread with some green chilies, jalapenos, bacon bits, and cheddar jack, to go with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.