• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We Suck

Sarge

I hate for my first post in a long while to be so "optimistic", but it's the truth. I haven't watched whole games his year because frankly, it's just not the same without my Redskin buddy :(.

I don't even know where to start with this mess. First, I don't know how anyone thought we were going to do anything with the same crappy O Line that we had last year. We picked up NO ONE this off season that could help, especially on the turnstile right side. They were OK from what I saw last year, when they went read option and used their cutesy 1990's Denver Broncos trap scheme crap. But our Hogs have become the Broncos of the 90's, and it's no more evident than now in trying to make RGIII a pocket passer. We no longer have a physical line that can keep him alive. Frankly, with the maniac Suh on the other side, I'm surprised RG III made it thru the game.

Speaking of which, are we going to run him or make him a pocket passer? It's evident thru the first two games that being a strict pocket passer isn't going to work with him. He's only dangerous when he has the option to run. IF he is physically unable to run, you either sit him for Cousins or at least fake the read option, some of which I saw them finally do today. I was not impressed with Shanny last year playing him when he was clearly hurt. Someone should have been the adult in the room. Oh, and Robert, I like you and all. But get off Facebook, Twitter and whatever other social media you are on and concentrate on plyaing football. I kow this mess isn't all yor fault, but STFU and play ball.

The defense. I'd rake them over the coals but I don't feel like wasting the breath. Haslett has to go, although you can only shine a turd so much. Special teams can suck my crank too.

Last but not least. The Danny may finally be doing something right (gasp) in not signing Shannahan to a long term contract. Granted, he inherited a true piece of **** from Butt Boy, but he's had enough time to turn things around in my opinion. Maybe it's time for Allen to be looking for another coach this off season

Sorry to be so negative after having been gone so long. Wish things were better for the team. But this is why I gave up my season tickets years ago.

Hope you guys have been doing OK. You might see me now and again but it's likely to be a slow process. Still kinda painful to sit down and be disgusted without Mrs Sarge there to be disgusted with me.

Later

Good to see you back Sarge...tough way to start the season for sure and I can't say I disagree with much of what you say.

You should join us in chat for the games...it helps.

It's hard for me to argue too much. I will say that we are closer to not sucking than we were last week. If I close my eyes and imagine we just played the third preseason game, I'm still not happy, but I'm more OK with things.

I genuinely believe good times are coming. I honestly have no idea when they will arrive though.

Robert had his best pass of the season, about 20 yards downfield to Garcon. His deep ball was on the money as well, two things (intermediate and deep passes) that have not been there so far.

I see signs of encouragement and improvement, but we are not a good team right now.

I can see Robert getting better and Alfred getting in a better groove but even if the whole offense gets back in tune, I don't see this team doing anything but it's best 60's Redskins impersonation.

Great offense but nothing to show for it because the defense is so bad.

I think at this point in time the early bye week is an absolute blessing, at 1-3 with a long week to prepare for Dallas I'll be in much better spirits.....of course that depends on us defeating Oakland

We will not win with gimmicks! The read-option served it's purpose last year so I am becoming more and more inclined to work through the growing pains of getting Griffin accustomed to being in the pocket more if he will ever be able to become a pocket passer. What i am sick and tired of is ignoring the offensive line in the off-season. (And spare me the money argument, we wasted 2 million on Fred Davis) This miserable start is in large part because of the terrible play from the right side of the line. Chester has been serviceable, but has played poorly next to the worst RT in the NFL in Polumbus! We are not going to win as long as Griffin is making 50 passing attempts per game behind such horrific pass pro from the right side of our OL. I still think we challenge for the division, it is a long season, but I am sitting here watching the Colts put it on the 49er's with a good old fashioned style of smash mouth football with a QB who is smart enough to slide when he has to, run out of bounds when he has to and keeps his mouth shut and plays football. Oh and not to mention...a defense that beats the opposition up!

Edit: And I have to say, the Colts look like a much, much better coached team than we do. Kyle is innovative, but he needs to remember how important the run game was to our season last year!

Giving Fred Davis 2 million instead of giving that cash to Eric Winston was a big mistake. Hell, even Pashos(by some reports I've read) has been playing better out in Oakland than Polumbus has so far this season.

Like Vince Lombardi once said: "What the hell's goin on out here??!!"

Good to see you Sarge.

I wouldn't say we suck. We're just not a great team. We're a Mike Shanahan team. He hasn't won a playoff game in over ten years. Think about that a second. Ten years.

If we had a HC who couldn't win a playoff game after ten years, we'd want to lynch him. It would be a decade of misery. But Shanahan's going to be better here? Why would that be?

Our DC has never won, and has a long track record of making defenses worse at every single stop. Why did anybody believe that would change?

Shanahan and Haslett together? What were people thinking?

We have about four great players--Garcon, Morris, Kerrigan and maybe RG3 in the near future. We need more. Josh Gordon would be a tremendous pickup.

Giving Fred Davis 2 million instead of giving that cash to Eric Winston was a big mistake. Hell, even Pashos(by some reports I've read) has been playing better out in Oakland than Polumbus has so far this season.

Like Vince Lombardi once said: "What the hell's goin on out here??!!"

And Compton can't be better than Polumbus? I am no longer going to call for Griffin to be sidelined until he's ready. It looks like he's ready to break through the rust of the knee injury, but he needs to be protected on the right side of the OL and play smarter!

I know I am not a coach or GM nor am I claiming to be so take this next rant with a grain of salt:

First thing I would do tomorrow morning is fire Haslett. Morris is more than capable of running the defense for the remainder of the season. We need something to shake up that defense!

Polumbus needs to be benched!

I would cut Nick Barnett and give the rookie on our PS from Nebraska, Compton, a shot as the backup to Reilly and Fletcher. Barnett is nothing of what I expected for a veteran coming off such a solid season in Buffalo and out ST needs desperate help! Compton was a special teams stud in pre-season and we desperately need help on ST.

Speaking of ST, I would cut Chris Thompson! He is not that good nor smart enough to know when to just let it go, kneel or call a fair catch.

Minnifield should probably be brought up as well to bring something to our secondary, but I am not sure if he'd be better than Wilson or Hall. I gotta admit, Hall had some very good plays today, but cutting him and bringing up Minnifield and simply letting our secondary go through the growing pains of youth is probably our best option. For every 2 good plays by Hall, he makes a boneheaded play that a rookie would make anyway.

We need a shake up now before we head to Oakland or it could be too late. Oakland has a damn good pass rush and before today's games were leading the league in rushing...2 of our most glaring weaknesses.

Last edited:
And Compton can't be better than Polumbus? I am no longer going to call for Griffin to be sidelined until he's ready. It looks like he's ready to break through the rust of the knee injury, but he needs to be protected on the right side of the OL and play smarter!

I know I am not a coach or GM nor am I claiming to be so take this next rant with a grain of salt:

First thing I would do tomorrow morning is fire Haslett. Morris is more than capable of running the defense for the remainder of the season. We need something to shake up that defense!

Polumbus needs to be benched!

I would cut Nick Barnett and give the rookie on our PS from Nebraska, Compton, a shot as the backup to Reilly and Fletcher. Barnett is nothing of what I expected for a veteran coming off such a solid season in Buffalo and out ST needs desperate help! Compton was a special teams stud in pre-season and we desperately need help on ST.

Speaking of ST, I would cut Chris Thompson! He is not that good nor smart enough to know when to just let it go, kneel or call a fair catch.

Minnifield should probably be brought up as well to bring something to our secondary, but I am not sure if he'd be better than Wilson or Hall. I gotta admit, Hall had some very good plays today, but cutting him and bringing up Minnifield and simply letting our secondary go through the growing pains of youth is probably our best option. For every 2 good plays by Hall, he makes a boneheaded play that a rookie would make anyway.

We need a shake up now before we head to Oakland or it could be too late. Oakland has a damn good pass rush and before today's games were leading the league in rushing...2 of our most glaring weaknesses.

I'm glad you're a fan. And only a fan :). The last thing this team needs is more turmoil in my opinion. We ride out the errors and poor performance until we improve. There's very little more we can do in-season that doesn't stand a chance of making things much worse.

The only saving grace of this season is that the rest of the NFC East is awful also. We are a combined 3-9 through 3 weeks; and one of the victories was against another NFC East team. If they somehow get everything together like they did last year, they could reel off a few wins in a row and take the NFC East. Its a long shot at this point, but its a possibility. Gotta start winning a few games though...I think if they go 0-4 against the Raiders, you might be able to stick a fork in them.

This team can get on a roll, but the upcoming games are brutal.

We can beat the Raiders. We might be able to beat Dallas with the extra benefit of a bye week.

But then it's Chicago and Denver.

It isn't until after Denver that it gets easier.

Eh, it took a year, but Robert looked more like a rookie yesterday, than he did as a rookie. Late with a lot throws. Terrible ball protection on the fumble. And a genuine "WTF are you doing" on the interception. All correctable.

As much as I don't like Haslett, guys have been in position to make a play, on almost, every play. Trouble is, we couldn't tackle a blind quadriplegic. Meriweather isn't playing any better than MaDoo-Doo. And our rookies, Toast Amerson, and Shambo, have yet to look like anything resembling good players.

Thompson's preseason TD was obviously a fluke. He plays, and looks, slow. We should simply down every KO, and take it at the 20. And fair catch every punt. Until our offense starts to resemble a competent one.

With all that said, our only job is, beat Oakland.

And Sarge, nice to see your mug around.

Meriweather is awful.

Griff did indeed look like a rookie, but he's improving every week; the scramble (minus the stupid, stupid fumble - learn to slide already, Rob!), the beautiful throw to Aldrick (minus the mind-numbing drop at the end - BLARGH) that was close to 60-yards in the air, and a few other plays show he's close to being back to the old RGIII. Hopefully its not too late.

On the throw to Aldrick...

First off, he should catch that, every time.

But Robert was a hair late pulling the trigger, and the ball was under-thrown. Robinson had to slow down for it. Which likely contributed to him screwing the pooch.

On the throw to Aldrick...

First off, he should catch that, every time.

But Robert was a hair late pulling the trigger, and the ball was under-thrown. Robinson had to slow down for it. Which likely contributed to him screwing the pooch.

Yeah, but an NFL WR should be able to catch the ball if its a hair underthrown. He still had 2 steps on the defender; the ball caromed off his hands and chest befre he went to the ground, he did not catch it cleanly at all. That's 100% on Aldrick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.