• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

We Suck

This is basically the same team, personnel-wise, that we had last year, which ended the season, 7-0, winning the division, and a home playoff game, which clearly bred confidence. So the current state of the team theoretically should not be a matter of having confidence. Hopefully, they never lost it, completely, in such a short span of time.

Confidence can be fleeting. It's not something that once you have it you always have it.

And how much did he cost Denver? And would he have signed here?

Just because a guy is available doesn't mean he is affordable or interested in being a Redskin? There is more to it than just wanting a guy.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I understand that logic, but you asked me who was out there...

Bottom line, I have been clamoring for 2 years not to sign Fred Davis...all the talent in the world...rocks for brains. I didn't want him after the drug suspension, I definitely didn't want him after achilles injury. That is a complete waste of $2 million you say was a bargain. I just can't buy that argument. There were much more pressing needs. You don't think we could have used that money and the money for D-Hall to sign Talib?

Confidence can be fleeting. It's not something that once you have it you always have it.

You're right, confidence needs to be refreshed regularly. Confidence can stale in a short time and can turn totally false if mistakes pile up.

Mental confidence can be had with work ethic which leads to the physical confidence of practice and game play, the confidence in the gut, the 'oh yeah, I know I got this' is the hardest and takes steady success to maintain.

Most guys are at the physical confidence, they can bolster their 'swag' with smack like a terrier yapping at you just before it takes a nip at your pants leg.

The 'gut confidence' guys that come at you like a great white, they take a chunk of your butt before you know they're there.

I can understand a lot of the struggles with the offense. The Oline looked better last year because of the read option. Teams have had all offseason to scheme against it. There are growing pains watching the transition from the read option to a more conventional offense. That's understandable. However this Defense can't tackle can't cover anyone for more then a couple of series. I don't know why we don't let the kicks just roll out of the endzone. Too many times we could have the ball at the 20 if we don't touch the ball....Thompson is the worst kick off returner that I can recall. Dang where is Rock Cartright? Last I heard he was with the Raiders Trade Thompson even up.

Neo, $2 million was entirely too much for a knuckle head who continues to make bone headed plays...even this year! Especially when we had such glaring needs on OL. The problem with the OL is not so much the quality of the player as much as Shanahan's refusal to accept that he can plug players into scheme...washed up or worthless players anywhere else in the NFL. Our OL is atrocious and given the achilles injury and Davis' inability to wrap his head around anything but himself should have been enough to rid ourselves of him and save the money! As for your no RT's assertion...Winston Justice! He's doing a great job at LT for the Broncos right now.

Winston Justice has played one game for the Broncos, against Oakland. Let's see what happens when they play a team with a viable pass-rush.

(EDIT 2: to complete the above sentence. WTF?)

EDIT: Whoops, looking at the wrong box score. Those 5 sacks came against Jacksonville.

Winston Justice is still terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston Justice has played one game for the Broncos, against Oakland. Let's see what happens when they play a team with a via

EDIT: Whoops, looking at the wrong box score. Those 5 sacks came against Jacksonville.

Winston Justice is still terrible.

Eric Winston then! :laugh:

Oh and Justice was solid the other night...did you watch the game? If you think he is worse than Polumbus...well, I don't know what to think. He's no great LT but I am sure Justice could be better at RT than Tyler!

Eric Winston then! :laugh:

Oh and Justice was solid the other night...did you watch the game? If you think he is worse than Polumbus...well, I don't know what to think. He's no great LT but I am sure Justice could be better at RT than Tyler!

Do you remember the game a couple years ago when Osi Umanurine ate his lunch for 7 sacks in one half???

EDIT: I think Osi only had 6, but he gave up a ton.

Do you remember the game a couple years ago when Osi Umanurine ate his lunch for 7 sacks in one half???

EDIT: I think Osi only had 6, but he gave up a ton.

Yeah...I remember thinking we should probably pass on him last off-season and this one...until it became obvious that Polumbus is the turd we all knew he was but hoped could have another solid season in the scheme.

I still wish we'd done what we needed to get Eric Winston in the 1st place and then again when he was available again this off-season. Which brings me back to $2million for Fred Davis and what a complete waste!!!!!!!

Yeah...I remember thinking we should probably pass on him last off-season and this one...until it became obvious that Polumbus is the turd we all knew he was but hoped could have another solid season in the scheme.

I still wish we'd done what we needed to get Eric Winston in the 1st place and then again when he was available again this off-season. Which brings me back to $2million for Fred Davis and what a complete waste!!!!!!!

I just don't think Justice would be much of an improvement, if at all. I guess a large trashcan on wheels is an improvement over Turnstyler though...

EDIT: its telling that Winston was unemployed until Clady went down. So either he was holding out for a starting gig, or 32 NFL teams did not consider him worthy of a roster spot at the money he was demanding. :whoknows:

I just don't think Justice would be much of an improvement, if at all. I guess a large trashcan on wheels is an improvement over Turnstyler though...

EDIT: its telling that Winston was unemployed until Clady went down. So either he was holding out for a starting gig, or 32 NFL teams did not consider him worthy of a roster spot at the money he was demanding. :whoknows:

If you'll notice I have tried to steer the conversation from the not so great example I used. Eric Winston is a far better example. But right now Winston Justice is starting LT for Denver and in one game in a different offense he looked good against the team that led the NFL in sacks after the first 2 weeks...far better in pass pro than Tyler Polumbus has ever looked.

Again, that is not really my point...I will repeat myself, again. Fred Davis was a complete WASTE of money! People keep saying we were so hamstrung with money, which is true to a degree, but we signed DeAngelo Hall and Fred Davis to some where near 4 Million for the season. That could have gone to Aqib Talib...better example than Justice?

Once again, Winston Justice is not my point! Please hear me when I say that so we can move past this. Fred Davis' contract this season and the 5 Million from last season were a complete waste, that is 7 million in 2 seasons! I cried out against it last year and even louder this year. People keep saying Fred Davis was a bargain and here I am repeating what I have said for the last 18 months...only now you all can see the truth in the matter. After 5 long years, the Sleepy experiment is over!

I think our woes are a combination of Griffin's rust and hesitancy (understandable after coming back from such a severe injury), a very tough schedule, an extremely young secondary, and a little bit of overconfidence coming into this season. I think the guys read a few too many of their own headlines and that, coupled with aforementioned challenges has gotten us to our 0-3 record.

Guys keep saying 8 wins and more are possible. Well, ANYTHING is 'possible'. But looking at our schedule, finding 8+ wins takes an awful lot of optimism, maybe even suspension of disbelief. If we sweep the division (how likely is that?) from here, then win the 3 non-conference games that should be wins if we play to our potential, that gets us to 8 wins. To get beyond 8 wins, we have to beat 1 or more of the following teams:

Chicago
Denver (in Denver)
49ers
Chiefs
Falcons

Could we rebound? I guess. But it'll take a much more impressive effort than anything we did last year. We got to the playoffs mostly on the back of our divisional opponents, as well as with a win over the Browns. The only playoff team we beat in our 7 game streak was the Ravens, and it took overtime and some major luck to do that.

We look like a shell of the team we were last year. I have a hard time seeing how we get to .500 having given away 2 of 3 we should've won to start the season. I wish I were more optimistic, but looking at the road ahead, it's hard to find the wins.

The only possible saving grace? Dallas has almost as hard a path as we do. Of course, they're already 2 games up on us, so that may not matter. If the Giants and Philly continue to struggle, it's quite possible a .500 record really could win the NFC East. That would simply be amazing.

What you describe is the traditional approach to analyzing the record vis a vis how we have looked in the games played. However this is an exceptional year, and requires exceptional thinking. I've looked at the schedule and really didn't see anyone we could beat with the team that we see on the field. But I know that this is not our Redskins, and this type of play won't continue. Granted we look like we can't tackle and that's on not putting players into position to make plays. We look like the Rob Ryan Dallas defense last year, completely out of place. That will be corrected as time goes on. On offense we'll get our act together, I submit that to simply go with a more traditional run offense with a FB and blocking TE would go along way to scoring more and running the clock, controlling time of possession, which altogether, is the only way we are going to be competitive. We need this to keep the defense on the sidelines and rest.

Now having offered up a feasible solution to changing the fortunes of the teams play, I can simply analyze the numbers and see we don't have much of a snowball's chance. With 13 games left, winning 10 to guarantee a playoff spot, is out of the question. nine of 13 wins is also not doable. We would need to go 7-6 or 8-5 to have a chance in this weak division. Somewhat doable and with weak division opponents, if we return to some resemblance of the team we are capable of being .

So this is my "exceptional thinking" a scenario that fits in with what we can actually do and one that appears to be our best chance and I'll stick with that.

Honestly my biggest concern right now is the coaching. We have been flat outcoached on all three teams. We really need to make the running game #1 priority or we won't win any. Our third down stat is putrid. Just run the ball, everything will work itself out.

I've been saying this for a while, but Fred Davis is stupid. I have no idea why anyone would want him on their team. He's about as dumb as dumb gets. Have you all listened to his interviews?

Trent Williams isn't far off but at least he has the ability to overcome it.

Davis... Nope. All dumb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.