• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Trade Rumors

One of many experimental iterations ...

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Apparently, the rumor making the rounds is that we trade Alberta for Orton. The reasoning makes Sense, but I'm not sure I see Shanny doing that to Elway...

http://realredskins.com/2011/05/haynesworth-for-a-qb/
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

EDIT: changed title of thread. If year any rumors about trades, put 'em here!

Last edited:

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

Any team that'd be willing to trade a backup or starter at QB for Fat Al has lost their marbles. We have zero leverage when it comes to Al's value at this point since he decided to become a roaming turd ahem laying turd on the field.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Fat Albert and DMc5 for Orton and their 2012 7th rounder. We love them 7th rounders and the Shanahans can make them into pro bowlers. :)

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

Don't see this happening. Other teams have to realize there is a chance Big Al will be suspended or in jail depending on outcome of litigation (from both incidents).

I'd be happy if we trade him for another team's waterboy.

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

I read a rumor we were going to trade McNabb and a pick to Minnesota for Ponder, but that never materialized.

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

I'd be happy if we knew when trading/FA will be a possibility again!

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but until the lockout is resolved players cannot be traded, can they?

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Correct. But you can bet the teams are lining things up so they can make quick progress.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

That story discussed the "rumor mill...is spinning". Is this another so-called journalist just reading the Fan message boards and writing about it? Doesn't sound very credible.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Not really a trade rumor, but a rumor nonetheless:

Is there another candidate to be the Washington Redskins 2011 starting quarterback in the picture? Maybe so. It’s just a quick mention in an article by a Miami Dolphins beat blogger but it is enough to raise eyebrows.

In writing about the Dolphins’ quarterback situation, Omar Kelly of SunSentinal.com turns the discussion to Vince Young, who presumably will be released by the Tennessee Titans soon after the lockout rules allow them to. Kelly dismisses the chances of the Dolphins landing Young by saying, “I’m hearing the Redskins are the front-runner for his services, so it’ll be interesting to see if the Dolphins get in the game.”

This is not the first talk I’ve heard of Young to the Redskins. If it happened, it would be a very controversial move given the many character concerns that surround the 27-year-old signal caller. We can go into those, and his 30-17 record as an NFL starter, if and when this talk picks up more steam. For now, just file it away and keep an eye on the situation.

http://realredskins.com/2011/05/report-redskins-front-runner-for-vince-young/

Lanky Livingston

The Commissioner
Reaction score

Florida Atlantic

UGH. VY in DC would make me very disappointed in the Shanahan regime. One step forward, 12 steps back so to speak.

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score

Don't see this happening. Other teams have to realize there is a chance Big Al will be suspended or in jail depending on outcome of litigation (from both incidents).

I'd be happy if we trade him for another team's waterboy.
We'd be getting an incredible steal from someone if we were to get a waterboy in exchange for Fat Al. I'd say the proverbial bag-o-chips would be an even deal.

riggins44

The Franchise Player
Reaction score

We'd be getting an incredible steal from someone if we were to get a waterboy in exchange for Fat Al. I'd say the proverbial bag-o-chips would be an even deal.
Hope Allen holds out for the Salt & Vinegar or the ones with Old Bay Seasoning.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

Man, the VY Rumors won't go away. Reading more on Twitter and becoming seriously depressed.

Skinsfan76

The Starter
Reaction score

I just can't imagine that Vince Young is Shanahan's "plan" at QB. I could see Kyle Orton but chances are it is Sexy Rexy or Beck.

Last edited:

fansince62

The All-Time Great
Reaction score

Man, the VY Rumors won't go away. Reading more on Twitter and becoming seriously depressed.

hope not. on the other hand...they did look at Jamarcus Russell also.

VY's a headcase. Stay away!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0