• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

This Week, We're Rooting For...

Actually it's even simpler. If Detroit just loses Monday night, we're in with a win, and it won't matter what happens with the GB/Det game, because we just need one of those 2 teams to lose their final game. And I'll go on record as guaranteeing that either GB or Detroit will absolutely lose their final game.

So...sorry guys, you have to root for Dallas again this week. It's mandatory. Our playoff lives depend on it.
Two things here.
1. Being the regular season, and all, a tie is possible in the GB/Lions game. So, there goes your "absolute". Likely, yes. But not absolutely. Of course, a tie would be good for us.
2. I refuse to let my teams failures force me to root for Satan's Team. If they don't get in, it's their own fault. Duck Fallas!!!

It may feel dirty but rooting for the Cowboys to win is our best option. Rooting for Aganst a dallas win is rooting against the skins playoff chances.
No, rooting for the Cowboys is like saying it's ok to have sex with your sister, just this once. It's never ok.

Or Det wins the next two. GB is bounced. No Cowboy rooting here.
My brother.

Keep this in mind too, for those of you who would have sex with your sisters ;)

The Crackheads don't need this game. And they know that losing to the Lions reduces our chances of making the playoffs by what, 50%?
And they DO NOT want to face us in the playoffs. Nor do they want to face GB. We both have offenses than can, beat them in a shootout. They hurt both of their biggest threats in the playoffs, by losing.

Look for a mediocre effort until halftime. Then, a total lay down and die.

Duck Fallas!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all predicated on us beating the Giants. Eli is very beatable, but he does not normally gift teams with 5 INTs either.

Maybe not 5 INT's, but he'll give us quality interceptions, as opposed to quantity interceptions.
He's been known to throw INT's at the most inopportune times (from the Giants perspective).
One need only look at our last game against them. They were driving for a game-winning field goal, and what did he plant in Sua Cravens' hands ?

Not rooting for Dallass on MNF, I'm just hoping that Detroit loses. Did someone, earlier in the thread, mention "semantics?"

It still makes me feel less than clean.....

Can't endorse Ax's position enough. **** Dallas. Sideways with a baseball bat. They can all go straight to Hell to serve their dark Lord in person.

I hate them, I will always hate them and if they never won another game, nothing would make me happier.

**** that team.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

That's why you want to make the playoffs so you can crush their fans souls in Dallas in the NFC Championship game...

But to do that - first - you have to make the playoffs :)

I'm still going Detroit Monday Night. Like I did with Philly against NY because they had no chance at all but I wanted to see the Giants get whacked.
If the Lions lose, they lose. Whatever. I'm still not cheering a turd. Ever. Well, maybe if I had a full frontal lobotomy and wind up looking like Jerry Jones with droll coming down the side of my mouth.
Not even by beaten with sticks and stones. But please, don't use sticks and stones.

Say Hallelujah, Brother AX!

If the Skins don't make the playoffs because another team didn't lose for them then better luck next year. I'm not going to feel bad about that at all. Win another game or two - that's the real answer.

note: sounds like the Giants game got flexed to 4:30

Word in Dallas is 5 defensive starters are not playing. The Lions should win going away, they have something to play for, their division. That will be decided against the Packers next week. They play the early game. Both want to win the division so it will be a good game to watch and Stafford is coming home to play in front of his people. Highland Park HS won the state championship with a little motivational help from Stafford in a letter to the team. Stafford won the st champ in 2005 for Highland Park. Interestingly, the QB is Jerry's grandson and he won in Jerry's stadium.

I hope Eli sits out, but won't happen. They also lost a RB and CB last week. We must score every possession to win, no more leaving pts on the field. I think Hopkins will be the hero or goat. In fact we'll find out if we are a gutless team.

edit: oops now I see they have the Lions/Pack game Sunday night. Don't like that.

Last edited:
I think the Giants will be highly motivated to beat Washington if it comes down to the Skins making the playoffs - the Packer/Lion game is afterwards but if both are 9-9 going into the game all Washington has to do is beat NY. I don't know that the gnats want to face a Redskin team in the playoffs that beat them twice during the regular season, it's real easy to get in Eli's head and that's when he gets in trouble. The Loins are one the most self-destructive team at the end of the season when they have a shot at the playoffs but I'll still root for them on Monday.

A chance for a Redskins SB > Dallas losing a meaningless game. Let's go cowgirls.

The cowgirls are favored by 6 1/2, and we opened as 5 point favorites, but somehow that shot up quickly to 7 1/2 point favorites.

If they're both 9-9 going into the game, I will give you $1,000,000 US dollars. ;)

Let me say, sheepishly I might add, I did not live up to my proclamation of not watching another NFL game this year. I watched almost the entire Redskins game and a lot of the Ravens game, damn the Ravens looked a lot like us in that 4th Q giving up the game.

Anyway, Go Detroit! Beat Dallass and beat the Pack! I say that because I cannot possibly root for the Turds!

Let's go cowgirls.

Here's a picture of me and McD5 getting dressed and ready for the big game tonight.

Dallas_cowboys_rowdy.JPG

So is it worth it just to make the playoffs just to say we made it two years in a row?

Cause I don't see how we advance with the defense we got.....

Just don't like the thought of making the playoffs only to get thoroughly embarrassed on National TV, yet again.

It's worth it.

And we could advance. This season we've already beaten Green Bay and the Giants. We could do it again. And we played Dallas close twice.

Even with our bad D, I don't think any potential playoff opponents would want anything to do with our Offense.

Only 2 games this year that we've been out of. Our D can be opportunistic and our O can put up points.

We have the potential to be a really tough out...

...we also have the potential to lay another egg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is certainly no powerhouse team in the NFC. My concern about our chances would be the teams inexperience with the difference in playoff football vs the regular season. They seem very susceptible to nerves in big moments. The only way to perform better under those circumstances is to play under those circumstances.

My concern about our chances would be the teams inexperience with the difference in playoff football vs the regular season. They seem very susceptible to nerves in big moments.

Pierre Garcon to calm the offense's post-season nerves.
Josh Norman to calm the defense's post-season nerves.
All the way to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
It's always good to make the playoffs it's if you advance you feel better after it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.