• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Trent Williams question

Which makes me wonder...then why draft another DL, Chase Young, knowing what that all those contract will be coming up in consecutive years?
So your advocating drafting for need over BPA?

This guys take is we ‘may’ have to take less than a 2nd for Trent. If true seems legit since his dumbass made the $20M/yr demand. Even a 3rd or a quality TE at this point would be a welcomed to send him packing.

Last edited:
So BB, you know more about this sort of stuff than I do. If Trent were to stay with the team for next season (I don't know if he would even play, but stay with me) and he leaves via free agency in 2012 we would get what.....a 3rd rounder in a conpensetory pick?

So BB, you know more about this sort of stuff than I do. If Trent were to stay with the team for next season (I don't know if he would even play, but stay with me) and he leaves via free agency in 2012 we would get what.....a 3rd rounder in a conpensetory pick?

It depends on who we sign in free agency. Theoretically we would not be signing someone of the same calibre of Trent to cancel him out, but it could happen.

The bigger question is whether his year would "toll" (count as a year vs his contract) or if it would essentially be like the season never happened. I believe we actually made a play to make it like the 2019 season did not count, but never heard a final resolution with that.

You think he gives a shit about that? I don't. He wants to get paid and the only way he'll stay is if it's the absolute only choice he has.

You think he gives a shit about that? I don't. He wants to get paid and the only way he'll stay is if it's the absolute only choice he has.

He says he wants a change of scenery.
I certainly think it's possible that if we acquire certain players that make the team look more like a contender, that could be a potential "winning" change of scenery here that could influence his decision.

I don’t think winning is a big priority for him. Just my opinion. He’s about Trent and the $$.

I don’t think winning is a big priority for him. Just my opinion. He’s about Trent and the $$.
Yeah, I think the thoughts of "I want to win a championship" sailed with him at least the beginning of last year. he is looking for one last giant payday.

i feel conflicted because I know he doesnt have anything else going for him after football, but he is reaching for the stars on this one! While I wish him luck. I dont want us to be the ones to pay him that.

I'm leaning toward what BB said, looks more and more likely that he is smart enough not to sit out another season, and we still need an LT this year...I think he plays here next year. I wouldn't even care if he plays lights out football to get himself another contract after the upcoming season. It would benefit all around.

I just don't see him getting a contract this off-season unless a team becomes desperate enough. Just don't see it happening.

Pothead Crybaby is a cancer that needs to be removed. No matter the cost.

Get what we can, and move on. I'd let it ride until the draft. But before the draft concludes, his lying ass would be someone elses problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.