The Trent Williams question

Fight on... Fight on...

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

This guys take is we ‘may’ have to take less than a 2nd for Trent. If true seems legit since his dumbass made the $20M/yr demand. Even a 3rd or a quality TE at this point would be a welcomed to send him packing.

Last edited:

Hog Fever

Vescere bracis meis
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

So BB, you know more about this sort of stuff than I do. If Trent were to stay with the team for next season (I don't know if he would even play, but stay with me) and he leaves via free agency in 2012 we would get what.....a 3rd rounder in a conpensetory pick?

SilentThreat

The Franchise Player
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

So BB, you know more about this sort of stuff than I do. If Trent were to stay with the team for next season (I don't know if he would even play, but stay with me) and he leaves via free agency in 2012 we would get what.....a 3rd rounder in a conpensetory pick?
It depends on who we sign in free agency. Theoretically we would not be signing someone of the same calibre of Trent to cancel him out, but it could happen.

The bigger question is whether his year would "toll" (count as a year vs his contract) or if it would essentially be like the season never happened. I believe we actually made a play to make it like the 2019 season did not count, but never heard a final resolution with that.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

You think he gives a shit about that? I don't. He wants to get paid and the only way he'll stay is if it's the absolute only choice he has.

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

You think he gives a shit about that? I don't. He wants to get paid and the only way he'll stay is if it's the absolute only choice he has.
He says he wants a change of scenery.
I certainly think it's possible that if we acquire certain players that make the team look more like a contender, that could be a potential "winning" change of scenery here that could influence his decision.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Reaction score

Navy Kent State

I don’t think winning is a big priority for him. Just my opinion. He’s about Trent and the $$.
Yeah, I think the thoughts of "I want to win a championship" sailed with him at least the beginning of last year. he is looking for one last giant payday.

i feel conflicted because I know he doesnt have anything else going for him after football, but he is reaching for the stars on this one! While I wish him luck. I dont want us to be the ones to pay him that.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I'm leaning toward what BB said, looks more and more likely that he is smart enough not to sit out another season, and we still need an LT this year...I think he plays here next year. I wouldn't even care if he plays lights out football to get himself another contract after the upcoming season. It would benefit all around.

I just don't see him getting a contract this off-season unless a team becomes desperate enough. Just don't see it happening.

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Pothead Crybaby is a cancer that needs to be removed. No matter the cost.

Get what we can, and move on. I'd let it ride until the draft. But before the draft concludes, his lying ass would be someone elses problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0