• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Trent Williams question

why not make it incentive laced?

$13-15 mil per guaranteed
Play 13 or more games - 1 mil guaranteed
X amount of penalties of less - 1 mil guaranteed
team makes postseason - 1 mil guaranteed
make all pro - 1 mil guaranteed

etc, etc. If he can hit those we all win anyways.

That would be great. But the guy refused to even show up or work through this last year. He doesn't give a damn about the Redskins winning (financially or otherwise) imho - he just wants to get paid. I don't see him being interested in anything other than guaranteed money. I'd love to be wrong.

That would be great. But the guy refused to even show up or work through this last year. He doesn't give a damn about the Redskins winning (financially or otherwise) imho - he just wants to get paid. I don't see him being interested in anything other than guaranteed money. I'd love to be wrong.
I don't think he can afford to lose all of the money he would make this year plus all of the fines he would accumulate.

I'm sure you're right. But in his eyes, likely a trade to another team solves that problem, vs. accepting some 'incentive-laden' deal with a team he has issues with. That's why he's demanding to be moved.

I would love for you to be right but I’m skeptical. If they were offered a 1st it would be insane not to jump at that.
We have a crap ton of interesting options across the roster and draft. FA is going to be very interesting and may give us some insight. Can't wait for this to all get rolling.

We have a crap ton of interesting options across the roster and draft. FA is going to be very interesting and may give us some insight. Can't wait for this to all get rolling.

Problem is, unless you want to sign a 38 year old Penn, 39 Whitworth or Jason Peters, or move a talented RT like Ifeldi or Conklin over to LT...there really is nothing out there in the free agency market except the likes of Donald Penn.

I used to be like Pete in that I would just say dump the whiny little shit, but we have a QB coming off a rookie season that saw him go from absolutely awful against the Giants in his first start, to serviceable at best as the season progressed.

If you guys seriously think that Dewayne Haskins is capable of becoming our franchise QB, you better get him the best option you can at LT in his 1st full season as a starter in the NFL.

Why do you keep calling him 'Dewayne'??

And I agree that there's very little out there in FA in terms of an adequate replacement starter. And on how important it is to at least have someone capable at LT. Penn did a great job overall last year. But can we rely on him staying healthy for a full year?

He didn't show up because...

the training staff sucked. it was known they sucked but nothing was done. If he hadn't done this, would Bruce and staff still be here? Maybe.

The lack of working with him. Bruce was a complete asshole about the entire thing and did it in the public.

Bruce Allen needed to go. But we're just going to have to agree to disagree on TW. This was never about his 'health' and 'whose fault it was' or his concern about the training staff in my opinion (btw - it was the medical staff, not trainers, who would've responsible for whatever it is TW wants us to believe was their fault. I think their replacement had a lot more to do with record numbers of major injuries for 3 straight seasons than it did appeasing Trent Williams).

My sense is that this has been about getting paid all along. I respect that not everyone agrees with that.

Him coming back for a reasonable extension would go a long way towards me giving him the benefit of the doubt. But I'm betting he's doing to continue with ridiculous demands and threats not to show up, demand a trade, etc...

I'll stand by what I stated last season, later TW, oh and will add **middle finger**

Why do you keep calling him 'Dewayne'??

And I agree that there's very little out there in FA in terms of an adequate replacement starter. And on how important it is to at least have someone capable at LT. Penn did a great job overall last year. But can we rely on him staying healthy for a full year?
Because one of my best friends is Dewayne and I keep writing it like I have for years.

the skins should be on the phone with the browns, offer TW and scherff to them for their first and second rounders, they have cap room and a dire need for Olinemen. then draft Olinemen with both those picks. we get some extra cap space, they get an instant upgrade on their oline situation. we get young players to rebuild with, win win win.

the skins should be on the phone with the browns, offer TW and scherff to them for their first and second rounders, they have cap room and a dire need for Olinemen. then draft Olinemen with both those picks. we get some extra cap space, they get an instant upgrade on their oline situation. we get young players to rebuild with, win win win.
They have the 10th pick in the draft with 3 LT's projected in the top 10. Why would they ever entertain a trade at this point? Now if you think Scherff for a 2nd is viable, I could see it.

But no one is giving up a 1st round pick for Trent Williams.

williams was 2nd team All-Pro once ... 2015.

My bad. I was thinking Pro Bowl and wrote All Pro.

His Wikipedia page does list him as First Team All Pro for 2015, a bit of research just now indicates you are correct and that listing is wrong. Good catch.

I was thinking Pro Bowl and wrote All Pro.

another message board that I don't (can't) post on regularly calls him All-Pro ... and even a future HOF'er ... lol.

Pro-bowl tackle: typically top 25-30%. All-Pro: #1 or 2 in league ... top 5%. big distinction.

and ... Jacoby > Lachey > Samuels > Williams. Williams is basically Jon Jansen.

I dunno Mooney, with due respect to Jacoby (guy should have been in the Hall long ago) I think Lachey is one of the best ever and certainly the best we've ever had. Only reason he's not mentioned in Hall talks was his early retirement due to injuries. the guy owned Lawrence Taylor. Other than that I agree with your breakdown. Still think we gotta do what's necessary to get Williams signed or we'll ruin yet another QB talent.

... I think Lachey is one of the best ever and certainly the best we've ever had.

don't forget the HOF'er! ... lol ... loved Lachey too. was just stack ranking in terms of HOF consideration ... and demonstrating Williams not even in discussion.

unnamed.jpg
[

They have the 10th pick in the draft with 3 LT's projected in the top 10. Why would they ever entertain a trade at this point? Now if you think Scherff for a 2nd is viable, I could see it.

But no one is giving up a 1st round pick for Trent Williams.
thats why you do it as a package the value of both is approx a 1 and a 2, a team will almost always take a veteran pro bowl vs a rookie unknown unless that rookie is a "cant miss" the browns really think they are a decent oline away from contending, where we know we need an entire oline and have other holes as well. the trick is knowing how to work the phones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.