• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Three Good Things Thread

Had a wonderful family dinner of Mac n cheese with tuna, lol

Apparently there’s a run on ammo and I was able to get some for all my guns except my hunting rifle, which isn’t a big deal in july

Got skunked but was still able to go fishing for a couple hours tonight on a gorgeous evening with flat water and no wind conditions

2 rounds of so-so golf with friends/family yesterday.
My granddaughter is amazing.
Everyone is happy and healthy.

played catch with my son yesterday. first real time with a mitt. he caught the ball 30 times in a row

he then put the mitt down, grabbed the football, and came up to me. He held the palm of his hand towards me and said, "Dad, this is the route I am going to run". He freaking knows how to do backyard football plays on his hand! The moment he does it from the ground with a stick and a rock I will probably cry.

Won an award with my company and it was announced as a surprise to me in our global town hall. usually it comes with a cash prize, but obviously not because of COVID and cutbacks. I was just happy and shocked I was actually acknowledged.

LOL! One of the main reasons I got an adjustable bench and lift every day. Even if its just 135 for 3 sets I get something in.
I found an old Total Gym my wife bought ten yrs ago, stuck in the back of our storage shed. I have always looked down my nose at such contraptions, being a confirmed gym rat. Dusted it off and damned if you can't get a respectable workout with it. YouTube has a ton of how-to videos on this device. Obviously, you can't simulate benching 250, but at age 70 why the hell would I want to? Also, how many variations do you really need to work your bis, tris , shoulders, etc?

I think that is my biggest issue right now: I think I am still 25 and can lift 315 on the flat bench. When, in reality, I just need to do 185 on the regular and 225 when I want to max. I am almost 47 and need to start thinking more like that.

I think that is my biggest issue right now: I think I am still 25 and can lift 315 on the flat bench. When, in reality, I just need to do 185 on the regular and 225 when I want to max. I am almost 47 and need to start thinking more like that.
Join the club, my brother.

no! Your club makes me sad! I want to join a more fun club!! LOL
Dude, getting old is part of the process. Doesn't mean life still ain't great and fun. I figure I got 15 good yrs.left, and I promise you I intend to have a blast. One good thing about being my age, you tend to stop giving a duck about the small stuff.

Survived my first week back at the hospital (had been working remotely for months).
Found out my daughter and granddaughter will not be going back overseas anytime soon and will be in the DMV for the forseeable future.
Wife's birthday is today and she's happy. So that means I'm happy.

Survived my first week back at the hospital (had been working remotely for months).
Found out my daughter and granddaughter will not be going back overseas anytime soon and will be in the DMV for the forseeable future.
Wife's birthday is today and she's happy. So that means I'm happy.
Ain't it funny how keeping your mate happy smoothes out the rough spots.

Stephen is in summer camp. its his first one. you can just see the maturity and athleticism shining through this boy. he is going to be a jock through and through. the other day he said, "Dad, I played this really cool game that I want you to learn. Its called 4 square!" and I was smiling from ear to ear. I remember being his age and learning 4 square.

had a 1:1 with my Director and asked him "ok, tell me what I am doing wrong". his answer: "Nothing, but if I have to say something it is that you say yes to everyone and help everyone. I dont want you to burn out, but I know you wont." felt good to get that recognition.

we have lined up a tutor for both boys, gotten them chromebooks and desks, and just waiting for school to go virtual. we got caught by surprise last time (like everyone did), but this time we are in front of it as best we can and preparing to have our children educated properly.

The Family is at the beach for a week without dad. Good thing? Perspective haha! I do miss them.

Once again I was blown away by one of my friends. While at the beach, 3 hours away, my wife called to tell me the truck would not start. I had a couple friends try to get it jump started, to no avail. Next night after work, a friend and I drove to the beach where "we" were supposed to replace the alternator. Within 40 minutes after we got there, "he" had it replaced.

When I got there after not seeing the kids for 4 days, the greeting was so heart warming, especially my daughter., She continues to melt me.

Good visit with my chiropractor today, dudes a miracle worker.

Wife made a chicken & wild rice soup with homemade bread today, nailed all of it.

As of Friday I have 1 son attending college in Idaho and the other going to a culinary school here in Minnesota. So so glad that the military afforded me the ability to send my kids to school. Just reflecting today

Stephen is in summer camp. its his first one. you can just see the maturity and athleticism shining through this boy. he is going to be a jock through and through. the other day he said, "Dad, I played this really cool game that I want you to learn. Its called 4 square!" and I was smiling from ear to ear. I remember being his age and learning 4 square.

had a 1:1 with my Director and asked him "ok, tell me what I am doing wrong". his answer: "Nothing, but if I have to say something it is that you say yes to everyone and help everyone. I dont want you to burn out, but I know you wont." felt good to get that recognition.

we have lined up a tutor for both boys, gotten them chromebooks and desks, and just waiting for school to go virtual. we got caught by surprise last time (like everyone did), but this time we are in front of it as best we can and preparing to have our children educated properly.

Kids named Stephen turn out pretty damn awesome 100% of the time. WRT 4 square that was the shiz back in the day. Many ppl don’t even know what it is sadly

I have been in a real shitty mood the past few days. Things have been just getting to me and I could almost taste the sourness in my mouth I was so angry.

Last night I just had enough...I couldn't be happy and I couldn't "let go" of it. I had a dream that I ended up beating one of my really good friends up VERY badly and was wanted by the police. In that dream I lost my friend, my wife left me, I lost my job and house, and I was on the run from the police. I woke up in a sweat thinking it was real. When I realized it wasn't; I let out a huge sigh....and that was it.

Perspective, a chance to change my outlook, and my family. I am EXTREMELY grateful for all 3.

Wednesday we took a ride on the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls.

Thursday we had a bratwurst for lunch in Chicago by the big giant bean.

Friday we toured the Badlands in the afternoon, then closed out the day at Mt Rushmore.

At first he didn't want to go, but I love to see his face light up...so full of wonder and joy at the sight of these places as my son and I travel across this beautiful country! So grateful to have my first vacation in over 3 years.

***side note***

I have now completed the map of the lower 48, the only 2 states I have left to go are Hawaii and Alaska.

I know there are sights all over the world worth seeing, many on my bucket list...but this country is just simply beautiful. I am glad to have had the opportunity to see so much of it!

Niagara Falls is one of the most 'touristy' destinations ever, but even that cannot diminish the incredible beauty of the place. It really is amazing!

I have been in a real shitty mood the past few days. Things have been just getting to me and I could almost taste the sourness in my mouth I was so angry.

Last night I just had enough...I couldn't be happy and I couldn't "let go" of it. I had a dream that I ended up beating one of my really good friends up VERY badly and was wanted by the police. In that dream I lost my friend, my wife left me, I lost my job and house, and I was on the run from the police. I woke up in a sweat thinking it was real. When I realized it wasn't; I let out a huge sigh....and that was it.

Perspective, a chance to change my outlook, and my family. I am EXTREMELY grateful for all 3.

it was me wasnt it...

cuz I told you I liked Marcus Baugh more than Jeremy Sprinkle....

Kids wanted to "camp out" last night which meant sleeping in the living room with Dad. So, I slept on the U shaped couch on the smallest part and spent the evening getting kicked and punched on every part of my body for the entire night. I have gotten maybe 1 hour of sleep. But, the looks on their faces and mood they are in lets me know I need to do this more often.

made my weekly breakfast for them...I actually got a "daddy, we know you work hard making breakfast. thank you!" My wife, who does 99% of the cooking wasnt too thrilled that I got praise when she doesnt (LOL), but that felt really good.

its a cool 65 our at 11AM here. We are headed to a park to burn some energy out of these kids.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.