The Three Good Things Thread

Happy hour starts in 5 minutes

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Niagara Falls is one of the most 'touristy' destinations ever, but even that cannot diminish the incredible beauty of the place. It really is amazing!
It turned out to be Patrick's favorite part of the trip...and because we were limited in time, I almost didn't go. You are absolutely correct in your assertion about tourist trap, but I challenge you to visit Wall Drug one time. Haha! Talk about a roadside attraction, tourist trap!

Was hoping to go through Ontario to Detroit, but they wouldn't let us...essential border crossing only. So we went south around Lake Erie. We lost even more time going this route. All told it was about 10 hours out of the way.

Anyway...

We made it home safe.

Patrick had an awesome time! And while Niagara Falls was his favorite, South Dakota was the most exciting state overall.

I missed the rest of my family and was greatly very warmly upon our return home!

Attachments

Last edited:

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

we hit Wall Drug several times on our trip across to Ohio. That place is absolutely amazing.

"home of the $.25 cup of coffee (veterans drink for free)"

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

That coffee was terrible! I hate hot water being passed as coffee.

:ROFLMAO:

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

My kids are home for the next 2 weeks before school starts. My wife and I are both working full time from home so we "ask" them to entertain themselves while we work. Its really not fair and we have to stop A LOT. But, I've been taking them to the local park after we get off work for a couple hours to get out some energy and have some fun. It's always the same thing.

"Dad, lets play tag" OK "You're it" now I'm chasing a 6 year old who's dad might be Ussain Bolt, and a kid who will get tagged and say "you're still it!". But, it never fails...by the end of the time there we have randomly recruited several other kids and we have a huge game of tag going. I get thanked by parents every time, too. "Thank you for running them" "They're going to sleep so well tonight. thank you!" But, last night was the best. We had 12 kids and 3 dad's playing this giant game of tag.

This girl looks at me as I am sweating through my t-shirt and says

"Are you OK?" Yeah
"Do you need a break?" Nah
"My grandpa was like this and fell over and hurt himself." What?
"You're in your 50s, right?" WHAT?!!

Still...a great time. My kids are passed out before 9, my beer is cold, and every joint in my body is popping like rice krispies....but, to be "that dad" that starts games an actually plays with them is priceless to me.

MikefromOH

Ring of Fame
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Navy

Stephen is finishing his first week of football games and we are 2-0. They have a 2 touchdown limit per kid each game and Stephen reaches it every game. They also call out their players to try and block him because he is so quick to the backfield (running from 5 yards away) he's snatching flags before they can even get a play off.

School started yesterday hybrid style. M-W for our kids first 2 weeks. It was very sad to see both my boys get on the bus and ride off. It is literally happening too fast for me now. They are school aged now. But, I love it also.

I have a second coach in with me now. Coaching 7 kids aged 5-7 is just crazy in itself. I told him "think of us like the 85 Bears. You can be Ditka, I'll be Buddy Ryan" I am on video yelling "DONT GIVE UP ONE YARD!" and forearm smashing one of my kids when he got a flag. The parents are all laughing and told me their kids think I'm funny. That is really all I care about, but if we are going to play, we are going to play to have fun/be safe/and win!

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Home schooling is great!

We do not have to worry about what hidden agendas the teachers are pushing. We keep politics out of things right now since they are so young.

Their learning pace is rather upbeat and they seem to be absorbing it well. They have their mom teaching them and they seem to really like that. Of course I am helping with certain subjects, but she is bearing the majority of the responsibility. Good thing her mom was a teacher, it helps.

And for science class we took a field trip to the National Aquarium, and for PE we took a hike to some waterfalls...which is another positive since my achilles and weight loss are coming along well.

Attachments

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

My 21 year old is living in Idaho with his gf and has been on his own for a while now.

My 18 year old is in culinary school and is kinda on his own now. Future chef in the making where I’m gonna eat for free.

My 17 year old daughter is in her senior year of hs, granted it’s homeschooling as of now but still.

When your kids go off to school it’s both a little sad & proud moments all the same.

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

Had a pretty darn good interview today, went much smoother than I thought it would.

Our area’s forecast is calling for 1-3” of snow on Saturday which means ICE FISHING is soon!

In-law’s came over and played cards with the wife and I for like 3 hours, was a pretty fun night with family

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0