• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Last edited:
It's not all bad news. Snyder will finally get that opportunity to hang and play a couple of rounds of golf with one of his personal heroes.

Bill Cosby.

I have spent quite a bit of time today in introspection - because it's curious to me why Dan Snyder continuing to be the owner of this team bothers me so much? I know it shouldn't. I can't do a thing to change the fact he'll likely be the team owner for the duration of my life. So why let it get my blood pressure up?

It's not all of the spiteful, self-indulgent, narcissitic, and petty things he's done over the decades. It's not even the debacle he made out of a once great franchise.

I just can't stand seeing someone who truly deserves a comeuppance somehow escape it, over and over and over again. I want my Glenn Close in Dangerous Liaisons moment.

Boo.

Last edited:
That little prick will outlive all of us as owner. Our only hope of him leaving would be something like if Tanya engineered a hostile takeover.

So, Snyder DID in fact make a $1.6M settlement with a former female employee for HIS conduct on a 2009 flight on the team plane.

Interesting - Snyder has maintained that while 'awful' things evidently were going on in the organization at some levels he was only tangentially aware of them and would have taken stronger action if he realized the full extent of the misdeeds.

Now we know that was a lie.

The NFL needed to suspend Snyder just as MLB suspended George Steinbrenner back in the 1990's.

I would have preferred forcing a sale, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen - largely because this type of thing has most likely occurred in other NFL organizations and they don't want that mirror put up to them for reflection.

In practical terms for the team itself and the players and fans is that Snyder WILL have less control over what Rivera does. Rivera and his management team now have the predominant power as all eyes are on Snyder and he has to lay low for an extended period.

From what we have suffered through to this point as fans - having NO recognizable owner pulling the strings for awhile sounds like a nice interlude.

Remember the Yankees and Steinbrenner? He was gone from the immediate scene long enough for Cashman to bring up a HOST of budding stars in the Yankees farm system and set the stage for a team that won championships 4 out of 5 years.

Steinbrenner would have no doubt traded a number of those prospects like Pettite, or Rivera or Jeter for veterans.

Instead everyone won with his absence.

Reactions: Om
In his presser, Snyder stated he was unaware of the culture that had developed in the organization and was surprised it had been so bad.

I was unable to see the entirety of the statement, but that was the gist of it I could muster from the closed caption on the TV at that poker table last night. (Side note: I won $500!)

Anyway, he has the gall to state he 'didn't know' the depth of the behavior? I hope Bruce Allen has tapes!

And many wonder why I gave up on this franchise?

There was no presser. He doesn't have the balls OR integrity to stand up and face anyone (or God forbid, answer open questions about his behavior and that of the people he let run wild for 20 years). That was nothing more than a ghost-written PR response.

There was no presser. He doesn't have the balls OR integrity to stand up and face anyone (or God forbid, answer open questions about his behavior and that of the people he let run wild for 20 years). That was nothing more than a ghost-written PR response.
OK, presser was the wrong word...I saw the "statement." In the statement it clearly expressed he was unaware of the extent of the poor behavior, passing the buck like a weaselly piece of trash.

Nonetheless, he's a coward, scum, he ruined my team! I hope Bruce Allen has tapes.

John Gotti ran the family from a jail cell. It seems foolish to me to think Snyder won't have his say ( no matter how much weight it carries) in everything and anything redskin football . Hence Tanya becoming co CEO. I do love having Ron in the building its def a +++ for us!
Happy 4th of July to everyone. Be Safe. Maybe Boone could get "your favorite 4th of July barbecue food" thread going:LOL:

I don't agree. I think Snyder has largely let Rivera run the show after the Jay/Bruce fiasco and his own failure with the Haskins pick.

The actions taken here only put more of the spotlight on him and any unilateral actions he may try to take, at least for awhile, so to me it is meaningful.

I don't think you will see Snyder in the draft room making the picks from here on out.

As long as Rivera and Co. continue to improve the roster and rise in the standings year over year I think he has some clear sailing ahead with this football team in tandem with his cohorts in the front office.

I also believe that Rivera has more gravitas throughout the league than ever before.

What he has accomplished to date, taking the shit-show he inherited to now is very impressive. Most thought it couldn’t be done. That should be bargaining power on steroids.

For me, it’s no longer about ‘does Ron Rivera and his strong leadership mitigate the potential negative of Dan Snyder’. Just like Gibbs before him, Snyder doesn’t have the balls or gravitas to try to pull his typical bullshit with someone of that stature. Snyder is a terrible human being who doesn’t deserve to be a part of NFL ownership and I want bad things to happen to him. The ‘he’s under control currently’ argument doesn’t get it done for me. I want him banished. And as others have pointed out - Rivera won’t be around forever.

If one accepts the proposition that whatever kind of man Snyder is and has been, he cannot and will not ever grow or change or evolve toward something less destructive, then yeah, we're kinda hosed as long as he's the owner.

I choose, naively or optimistically, to continue to hope he'll come to see that the value of his franchise increases by having success on the field and a better reputation. And that if continuing that success means keeping his little fingers out of the football and day-to-day operations, his greed for coming off as a rich winner instead of a rich loser will win out.

I always come back to EBW ... the old man was an awful human being in so many ways, and never hesitated to put his ugly old mug on camera, but when it came to his football team he hired good people and let them do their jobs.

Learn, Danny.

Danny (I like that!) is what, 55 years old?, so the best we can hope for is a behavioral change.

But like an addict that thinks they are healed…I have my doubts. Water always finds it’s level.

Agreed, but I'd happily take behavioral change if it means he lets qualified people do the football shit from now on ...

Agreed, but I'd happily take behavioral change if it means he lets qualified people do the football shit from now on ...

It’s the ‘from now on’ part that I have trouble believing.

Tanya’s gonna pull a hostile takeover after learning about some of his past shittiness towards women employees. Completely a hunch but I think she’s got something to do with his “stepping away”.

Have absolutely no info to this, just my Nostradumbass seer abilities.

• Haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.