• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Definitely not over until that investigation report is public.

If the League leadership really wanted Snyder out, I tend to think he'd BE out. Goodell is no paper tiger. I understand that team owners have a lot of power and it would require a majority of them being on board, but what Goodell wants, Goodell gets. He just doesn't want to make a lifelong enemy in Daniel Snyder, not unless he has no other choice.

I agree with this. He would be out if they wanted him out. They could force him to sell based on what we know, and that doesn’t take into account what we don’t know that the league may know. I think they want an air right case first. If the league pushes this and Snyder takes them to court and is able to retain the team, you’ve created Al Davis part 2. I think that gives Snyder leverage in the league he’s never had. I think the league sees Snyder as a bottom 5 owner of a historically top 10 franchise. That history still brings in the money though and as long as it does, the league will be fine with him being a bottom of the barrel owner.

So basically, having hired an attorney to ‘investigate allegations of sexual harassment and a hostile work environment’, Snyder and his other attorneys are busy trying to muzzle and control the results of that investigation. Have I got that about right?

So basically, having hired an attorney to ‘investigate allegations of sexual harassment and a hostile work environment’, Snyder and his other attorneys are busy trying to muzzle and control the results of that investigation. Have I got that about right?

Yep

So someone was on with Grant and Danny this afternoon ( I think it was Florio) and he dug in a little deeper into this.

The thought is that Dan and co. are adamant about letting certain details out because they're worse than what's currently being investigated...

The ironic thing about this is that the more they try and hide, the more likely a judge is going to force them to open up.. which could be even more damning than what we've already heard...

What is interesting is that back in February, Goodell said the investigation was coming to a conclusion, yet they're in court now trying to get information disclosed... I don't think this is over... yet.

It sounded to me like one of the issues Snyder us trying to keep under wraps is some accusations from a woman who was on a plane with Snyder on some charity event and alleges misconduct. As far as I know this is the first allegation directly involving Snyder himself (other than him being accused of trying to force employees to sleep with male VIPs).

I considered trying to rally a podcast to discuss this whole situation

I saw this as well. My cynical side, particularly when it comes to anything Dan Snyder does, views this as an attempt to immunize Snyder from any negative results of the impending sexual harassment investigation. Guessing Snyder may be suspended for a period, which I suspect will be the NFLs approach so they can show how ‘concerned’ they are about how women are treated, while effectively doing nothing of any consequence to one of their owners in the long haul. Having his wife as ‘Co-CEO’ allows Snyder to continue to control the team in every material way via a proxy.

For anyone who thinks one damn thing has changed in Ashburn, I’d suggest this is just more of the same. I don’t care how wonderful or capable a person his wife may be, Snyder has made it abundantly clear who he is over the years and this is just more of the same.

Of all the men in the world, she chose Dan Snyder as her soulmate. That alone should call her judgment into serious question :)

I can't help but believe this is Snyder trying to get ahead of it and 'soften the blow.' It's sad really, but what can you do? It's kind of sad for Tanya if this is the case too. I'm assuming in all of this, as I clearly have no idea about their marriage, but IF the allegations are true (I of course have no doubt that they are but trying to stay somewhat objective as the investigation is 'pending') then she's possibly being 'promoted' to CEO simply to make it seem like her husband isn't so much of a dog...

I try not to be completely cynical about these things, because it really does diminish the accomplishments of people who may have worked hard, paid their dues, and have earned their spot. However, every move Snyder has made the last year has reeked of making a move to avoid criticism. This one takes the cake though because it changes nothing. Other positions where it seems he did the same thing, the people at least have some responsibility. In this case, what is his wife going to do other than take a new title that Dan thinks will show he cares about advancing women?

Kind of a sticky wicket for the team though, right?

While it's easy to view moves like this as purely cynical PR machinations--and it would be naive to think that's not at least part of it--the organization is also in a position where it needs some serious image reconstruction, and needs to be proactive about going after it.

They have to know that these recent moves are going to generate the kind of eye-rolling we're doing here, but maybe when they balance that out against the potential longer-term benefits from a media culture (and, you know, actual culture) starved for some good news out of this perennial dumpster-fire, the math makes sense.

Or maybe I'm overthinking this and they continue to just throw shit against the wall to distract us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.