• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Apparently being completely tone deaf and hostile runs in the marriage… sorry, but that’s the worst non-apology apology I’ve seen in awhile. She might as well have said ‘the culture is damn good’

I believe in women and equality and that they should be treated exactly as their male counterparts. That’s why she gets zero slack from me.

'certain people' - that is incredibly rude, disrespectful, and sarcastic.

How about 'women we sexually harassed' Mrs. Snyder?

She might be worse than Dan, but that interview was cold and condescending in every way imaginable. Did she really suffer along with her family? Yeah, I could suffer if I lived in a huge waterfront mansion, take trips to exotic beaches and resorts, and cruise Europe in a mega-yacht. Let the 40 women who truly suffered eat cake.

I don’t care about the wealth and privilege stuff. But as a woman and a female role model (not to mention the ‘Co-CEO’) to make those kind of self-serving clearly insincere and tone-deaf comments is inexcusable. Might as well have been written by Dan Snyder himself.

And for the 2nd time in a week for the PR dept to allow anything to distract from what should be the most exciting and positive week of the year is equally inept.

I don’t care about the wealth and privilege stuff. But as a woman and a female role model (not to mention the ‘Co-CEO’) to make those kind of self-serving clearly insincere and tone-deaf comments is inexcusable. Might as well have been written by Dan Snyder himself.

And for the 2nd time in a week for the PR dept to allow anything to distract from what should be the most exciting and positive week of the year is equally inept.
When it comes to relations between people in different occupations, there is no gender backing other genders. Men have been screwing over other men since the dawn of agriculture...so women can do the same.

I guess I get that argument, but when your HUSBAND is the one directly responsible for creating that culture, there's an even higher demand that you acknowledge (without caveat or deflection) what happened. The NFL should not have allowed her to move into that CEO role - it's an absolute conflict of interest during a time where Snyder has been informally sanctioned. Also patently unfair to her - but she chose to step in and therefore is fair game.

And actually, I disagree with your primary point. Female executives do have an obligation to support their femaile peers, advocate for promotion and progression of women, and do everything they can to ensure females experience a fair workplace and the same opportunities males enjoy.

There are numerous organizations created around that premise https://online.wharton.upenn.edu/uncategorized/11-professional-womens-organizations/

The NFL's action was to basically 'ban' Dan Snyder from visibility as an owner for a couple of years as a result of the mess.

If the league had any stones they would have forced him to sell the team but let's be honest - other teams in all likelihood have coaches or front office personnel guilty of some of the same things. So they are covering for each other.

Since we have no control over that, we have to be satisfied that Snyder won't be in the draft room or have his finger on the button in regards to trades or personnel moves.

Just think of all the progress the Yankees made when Steinbrenner was forced to step away from the team in the mid-1990's due to the gambling charges.

I will be surprised if he even stays out of the limelight for this entire season. Not sure where you are getting 'a couple of years'. And he's only trying to give the appearance of detachment. Guarantee you he's as involved as ever. That Tanya Snyder statement the other day could've been written by him.

And you wonder why I refuse to support this team?

Nobody wonders that. We wonder why you're here if you hate the team so much. Is it just to do this?

Nobody wonders that. We wonder why you're here if you hate the team so much. Is it just to do this?
Well Mike, it's because I support John and enjoy other aspects of this board on occasion. If my presence on this site and lack of respect for WFT upsets you, then I suggest you grow a ****ing pair and quit being so sensitive.

Well Mike, it's because I support John and enjoy other aspects of this board on occasion. If my presence on this site and lack of respect for WFT upsets you, then I suggest you grow a ****ing pair and quit being so sensitive.
Then why quote something about the team? You think anyone wants to see your constant negativity?

Short answer, we don't.

My reason for not buying any team gear or memorabilia are two-fold. Executors now manage my finances and I have no control over it, but I think they would have no problem with buying such things. I'm simply waiting for the name change and will purchase items after that happens. As for supporting the team, I will continue to do so. I nearly departed in the early summer days of 2020, but the continued changes caused me to take a look. I have renewed hope.

Dan has been unofficially suspended by the league since July of 2020. The league was very upset about the Brian Lafemina firing, but they had an ace in the hole. The team name and the scandal. Do you really think the massive changes that we saw in the summer of 2020 were Dan's idea and doing? Not at all.

The team is fortunate to have Jason Wright, Julie Donaldson, Joey Colby-Begovich, and many others in that front office. The football structure is the best that I have seen since Beathard/Gibbs. On one side, Coach Rivera calls the shots and rightfully so. On the other side, President Wright calls the shots and rightfully so - although, the name change adventures could be handled better.

The organization is finally in the hands of responsible adults after nearly 30 years (yes, the latter Jack Kent Cooke years were not good, but for different reasons) and the league will keep it that way. Dan will be allowed to return in time for the name change, but his role as owner is going to be far different in the future - just as the league prefers.

I heard this on the way home tonight. Think of all the people who have lost their job during this investigation. Every name that has come up has caused them to either be fired or resign. Everyone except Dan Snyder. How is this possible? How is he going seemly unscathed?

You already know the answer to that Kel. The Golden Rule - he who has the gold, makes the rules.

I heard this on the way home tonight. Think of all the people who have lost their job during this investigation. Every name that has come up has caused them to either be fired or resign. Everyone except Dan Snyder. How is this possible? How is he going seemly unscathed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.