• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Midnight express was one of the biggest reasons I was afraid to travel overseas

Starting to wonder if there is a lot more that went on here than we ever imagined. First of all, why does a billionaire need to ‘borrow’ $55 million, and to do it without informing or getting approval from minority owners (and the NFL approving it in conflict with franchise bylaws with no board approval). This seems like the kind of thing that gets people incarcerated for fraud?

Because he is ‘house poor’.

Using the team, whose income has cratered, as his ‘personal piggy bank to fund his opulent lifestyle’. 4.5 million to put the team logo on his private jets and expensing it as an advertising cost? Yeah, ok. 😉

More and more, it turns out that Snyder was so much worse than just a lousy owner. I know it's the lousy owner part we care about, but sheesh!

These allegations, if true, would make the league and Goodell complicit. Big surprise.

Snyder in an 8x10 would be ironic after subjecting the team’s fans to a Midnight Express-like experience for more than two decades.
And not just the league and Goodell ... somebody at BoA got some 'splainin' to do as well.

"Loans and lines of credit obtained without the approval of Washington's board of directors violate the team's shareholder agreement, according to the documents. The documents also show Bank of America officials asked team executives repeatedly for proof that the board had approved the loan. But the team executives never turned over a copy of the board approval before the loan closed, and one team lawyer later acknowledged in a letter that the board approval doesn't exist, documents show."

And not just the league and Goodell ... somebody at BoA got some 'splainin' to do as well.

"Loans and lines of credit obtained without the approval of Washington's board of directors violate the team's shareholder agreement, according to the documents. The documents also show Bank of America officials asked team executives repeatedly for proof that the board had approved the loan. But the team executives never turned over a copy of the board approval before the loan closed, and one team lawyer later acknowledged in a letter that the board approval doesn't exist, documents show."

My calls to BOA for comment have not been returned. 😉

At this point, is any of this even remotely surprising? Hell at this point he might've been behind that Chinese spy balloon as well, he has been out of the country right?? o_O

980 reporting that Mary Jo White report ‘coming soon’. I sense a sale coming sooner rather than later…

When I heard the words jail time (I know unlikely) I giggled like Rob Riggle when the lady cop suggested Taser time in The Hangover.

In documents acquired by ESPN, Snyder called the $4.5 million charge "an advertising fee" despite the team's then-minority owners claiming Snyder's personal jet "provides little or no advertising value." The charges of $10 million annually and the one-time $4.5 million fee are also an issue because the minority owners who were in possession of 40% of the team did not consent to the spending.

Minority team owners Dwight Schar, Frederick W. Smith, and Robert Rothman, said Snyder was using the franchise as his "personal piggy bank," according to an arbitration petition filed with the league per ESPN.

The longer he waits, the more these stories come out and drive down the price. We said it earlier in this thread. He waits too long for the perfect offer, the league will force his hand. I get the feeling that is what is happening now. Just trickle out some info here, a leak there, and watch the bad news scroll across the TV. All the whole forcing his hand without having to take action themselves.

No negative Dan Snyder news today?

Slackers. Like an unwanted kiss on the mouth and groping by Jerry Jones. 😑

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.