• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Bombshell

Yep. Might get very ugly if Snyder doesn’t do the smart thing and just take the money and exit gracefully.

So he wants the NFL to basically foot any legal bill or payout for any lawsuit someone takes against him (the team) while he was owner?

Owners are going to vote to remove Snyder if he doesn't sell.

I really think he's losing his mind in an Howard Hughes type of way.

These reports are all crazy. Washington Post says Snyder has demanded the other owners be 'indemnified' and that they squelch the MJW report - then AJ Perez comes out 5 minutes ago and says his 'sources' say neither of those 2 demands were made. I don't know who to believe on any of this stuff.

The NFL owners have got to be getting very, very tired and impatient with all of this though.

Snyder at the next Owner's Meeting...

I really wonder about his mental capacity. Not just because I hate the guy, but between this and the last time he was in public he was unshaven and looking like a madman I really think he might be having issues.

I think one thing we know is that all of these 'sources' can't all be giving accurate or truthful information, because the information is absolutely conflicting at times.

For me I look at every ‘report’ a little sideways, especially now any that break from WaPo.

I really wonder about his mental capacity. Not just because I hate the guy, but between this and the last time he was in public he was unshaven and looking like a madman I really think he might be having issues.
I imagine this is pretty stressful for him. He's brought the problems on himself, so I don't feel that sorry for him. But I do believe dealing with all the scandals, the complete turnover of his staff, the name change, and now the sale is taking it's toll. Again, he brought this all on himself so no sympathy, but I think he's finally realizing he can't just blame someone else or buy his way out of this.

The problem is that WaPo has credit banked with me while Snyder and the Commanders are deep in debt.

The problem is that WaPo has credit banked with me while Snyder and the Commanders are deep in debt.
The other thing is that newspapers unlike cable cannot publish things that they know is false. They're liable if they do. So, I'm pretty sure that this was fact checked pretty hard especially when printed. The Washington Post has been pretty careful about any story that has a Bezos connection. At the very least, every Bezos story contains information that Bezos owns the Post. That consciousness makes me suspect that anything with a Bezos link as the Commanders sale might would be scrutinized. Even though the Sports section is handled looser than others and they might print rumor in some of their editorial or columnist pieces, the staff reporters don't usually do that. Maske isn't known to be a BSer either. By now, he's a gray beard. He's not trying to make a name for himself off this story. He's been with the Post since at least the 90's.

Starting to wonder if there is a lot more that went on here than we ever imagined. First of all, why does a billionaire need to ‘borrow’ $55 million, and to do it without informing or getting approval from minority owners (and the NFL approving it in conflict with franchise bylaws with no board approval). This seems like the kind of thing that gets people incarcerated for fraud?

These allegations, if true, would make the league and Goodell complicit. Big surprise.

Snyder in an 8x10 would be ironic after subjecting the team’s fans to a Midnight Express-like experience for more than two decades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.