• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Trade for Panthers QB Kyle Allen

Here is the part that specifically addresses Haskins learning the system. Not that I expect this to change your opinion, but I guess there is hope you won’t post your opinion as fact when the facts contradict your opinion.

I rarely claim anything to be fact that has yet to occur. I always suggest, we'll see. You can go back through and be a little more attentive to what I have been saying all along. The only facts we can claim are things that have already occurred, I recognize that and in my opinions I state that.

I never saw this report. If Keim says he studying, then he's studying. It certainly does alleviate some consternation. However, Haskins is best served not to post about his fancy footwork on social media. If he insists on doing so, it would be much more interesting to the doubters to see him focusing on his weaknesses as well.

Once again, bottom line...Haskins has question marks...until he is on the field proving he can run this offense with precision, they will remain.

I have a slightly different angle on this. I will skip the part you already know - I think the larger (or similar) problem will be Turner. In the event, I look at it more from a value point-of-view. Haskins is whatever he is. It is my hope he can develop into a servicable QB. For better or worse (at least for this upcoming season) we need to stay the course. I'ld prefer to get value out of a first round pick - not doing so hurts a franchise for several years. I have my doubts, but enough improvement happened in his limited starting time that I think more evidence is needed (i.e., the jury is still sequestered). Additionally, if the Riverboat Pilot and Turner have really assessed the tape and passdown from others, they are doing the team a dis-service if they don't state their exact thoughts on the matter. SO far, their moves indicate they haven't; or, they are committed this season to building the defense from front to back and suffering through yet another avergae to poor offensive season. I don't know what the strategy is yet, but if it is build the D first - then we all know who the number 2 pick ought to be.

I rarely claim anything to be fact that has yet to occur. I always suggest, we'll see. You can go back through and be a little more attentive to what I have been saying all along. The only facts we can claim are things that have already occurred, I recognize that and in my opinions I state that.

I never saw this report. If Keim says he studying, then he's studying. It certainly does alleviate some consternation. However, Haskins is best served not to post about his fancy footwork on social media. If he insists on doing so, it would be much more interesting to the doubters to see him focusing on his weaknesses as well.

Once again, bottom line...Haskins has question marks...until he is on the field proving he can run this offense with precision, they will remain.
Come on Brian. You can do it brother. It goes something like this...

'Ummm... I apparently was wrong about Haskins not studying the new playbook'.

Sometimes more is less :)

Young people post on social media, it’s life as they know it. It often shows a heightened lack of maturity and forethought because, well, most of them lack maturity and forethought. Comes with the territory.

I’m certainly glad that I wasn’t in a social media age when I was that age.
So we are
Come on Brian. You can do it brother. It goes something like this...

'Ummm... I apparently was wrong about Haskins not studying the new playbook'.

Sometimes more is less :)
You know I'm more than willing to admit when I am wrong. Keim says he's studying Turner's offense, then he's studying the offense. I said that. We'll see how much studying he's done when the season gets here. I have little faith he's changed his work habits from last year just because Keim says he's studying, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The more rumors circulating, the better for us. If we indeed hope to receive a hefty price for #2.

Still inclined to believe we take CY and call it a day.

Same. Not discounting that Ron & Kyle might have fallen in love with Tua's potential--enough to outweigh health concerns current and future given his history--but I'm still thinking they are all about giving Haskins at least one year to show what he's got. Meanwhile, you grab the closest thing to a sure thing in the draft and try to build a defense worthy of a former LB Head Coach and former LB DC to become a team no one wants to face in a dark alley.

Reactions: Ax
I think CY has to be the overwhelming most likely choice. But you do have a new HC and an ‘almost GM’ who could be looking to make a name for himself to get the actual gig. Those are wildcards that make it hard to outright dismiss Tua as a possibility.

And of course their assessment of Haskins ceiling is critical. If they have doubts about him, the chances of a draft shocker rise exponentially.

A lot of people will say ‘they won’t do it because it would be tantamount to throwing away a 1st round pick’ but I don't think thats as big a factor as most believe. Could be Snyder did force the Haskins pick, either overtly or as a ‘tie breaker’ if there were differing opinions. If Haskins was the Snyder/Allen pick and Kyle Smith and others had other thoughts, they won’t be wed to him and I could see them making a bold change.

My money is still on Chase Young though.

Hey, we are all glad to hear you didn't have to use your money as toilet paper. ;)

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om
I lean toward Chase Young being the pick, as well. I'm in the same camp as Boone, in that the idea of "wasting a 1st round pick" has almost been thrown out the window when Arizona set the precedent that with a new regime, you just chalk up your losses and move on.

With that said, I don't think for a minute we draft Tua. A year ago, it's a no-brainer. Funny how a year can change things, I was sold on that kid. For his sake, I hope he turns out to be the next coming of Drew Brees, I think he has that potential.

And the trade down is still a possibility, we could address a lot of needs with the right haul...I just think that option is about 15%. I think Chase Young rushing from the edge and the other youngsters with Kerrigan, add a DC who has had success as a DC wherever he goes, makes this team much better....

...even with Haskin at QB!

Last edited:
I heard there's a chance we trade down with Detroit, to allow them to take Young, and we take Tua, and get an extra pick out of it.
If there's truth to that, I think there's no way we take Tua at #2. If we want Tua, and can get an extra pick out of it, then why not trade down to #3 and do it.

I would actually be very surprised. Mostly because it would mean Haskins completely shit the bed. I don’t see that happening.

I would actually be very surprised. Mostly because it would mean Haskins completely shit the bed. I don’t see that happening.

To me, it would mean that Rivera has gone (almost) all-in, with surrounding himself with 5-11 players, coaching staff, and F.O.
And that 5-11, is not referring to their height, but their most recent W-L record.
Yea, we got some Redskins too, but those guys were 3-13.
At some point you have to do something different, if you want different results.
I know you're probably thinkin I'm starting to sound like fansince62

I don't see it happening either - because it would mean they have zero belief in Haskins. And they already know enough from watching his film from 2019 and interacting with him to know if they believe in him or not. If they weren't willing to at least give him this season as starter to see how he develops and progresses, they would move on. Now they may move on - anything is possible. But they won't pass on Tua or another QB in the draft if they have serious doubts about Haskins. And they most certainly won't go into the season with Haskins at backup if they deem him an unworthy starter.

So unless they move on from Haskins prior to seasons start, I am 99% certain he will be our 2020 starter.

In short, you either think he may be the answer and don't want to waste a 1st rounder without letting him demonstrate what he can do. Or you don't. Rivera strikes me as a pretty decisive coach, so I don't see him wandering down the middle of the highway. He'll take one lane or the other.

Coach Rivera said the Redskins are in a rebuild and culture changing mode. 5-11 would be an improvement. This first year is something of an evaluation of most players - not all, just most of them. This is supposed to be a two to three year rebuild. I think the team will be 6-10 this season, but we shall see.

Coach Rivera said the Redskins are in a rebuild and culture changing mode. 5-11 would be an improvement. This first year is something of an evaluation of most players - not all, just most of them. This is supposed to be a two to three year rebuild. I think the team will be 6-10 this season, but we shall see.

No, this cannot be !
When Gruden started the rebuild and 5 year plan, we all had an agreement with Snyder, that Gruden's rebuild would be grandfathered into any new coach's plan, or in other words, we would get "credit for time served", from the previous Prison of Rebuild, so we wouldn't have to start over !

No, this cannot be !
When Gruden started the rebuild and 5 year plan, we all had an agreement with Snyder, that Gruden's rebuild would be grandfathered into any new coach's plan, or in other words, we would get "credit for time served", from the previous Prison of Rebuild, so we wouldn't have to start over !

Well...they have a new theory in play: a rebuild starts with replacing back-ups....not enhancing the talent level of the starting material. Haskins better shopw dramatic improvement next season....or this is going to take longer than anyine imagines.

I trust everybody knows that all of this is most likely moot. I have a really sick feeling that we won't be watching football this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.