Skins Trade for Panthers QB Kyle Allen

One of many experimental iterations ...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

I don't think there's any way to know. Respiratory viruses tend to slow/stop their spread in hot and humid seasons. But whether or not that will happen with this one, or happen in times to have the usual football season, I don't know. I think we'll have a vaccine available by next winter because there are so many companies on it right now. If I had to predict worst case football scenario right now - it would be that they played the games but not in front of stadium crowds. I could see things getting back to relative normal. I could also see total cancellation. Unpredictable times we live in.

SkinsFTW

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

If they create a vaccine for this then it'll be a first.

Sars, Mers, etc, no vaccine to date.

Apparently the money isn't in finding a vaccine for anything.

Oldguyfromchester

The Cheerleader
Reaction score

I don't think there's any way to know. Respiratory viruses tend to slow/stop their spread in hot and humid seasons. But whether or not that will happen with this one, or happen in times to have the usual football season, I don't know. I think we'll have a vaccine available by next winter because there are so many companies on it right now. If I had to predict worst case football scenario right now - it would be that they played the games but not in front of stadium crowds. I could see things getting back to relative normal. I could also see total cancellation. Unpredictable times we live in.
I wish I could share your optimism. From everything I've read, a vaccine is 12 -18 months away. That's assuming this thing doesn't mutate. As for playing in empty stadiums, let's get real. That just won't happen. Even if it did, you still have players exposing their team and their opponents. Suppose one player or coach tests positive. You would almost certainly have to quarantine both teams. What then? Forfeits? Sorry man, but we all better prepare for a year without sports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0