• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Shanahan and 2014

If it took the Dallas loss to properly frame what should happen to Shanahan, this franchise is in real trouble.

As the proverbial quote goes 'a blind man could see what is wrong here in a minute'.....................

Outside of the 7 game winning streak last season (which now looks like an aberration), this team under Shanahan is 6-10, 5-11, 3-6* and 3-12.

That's 17-39.

Has anyone else been retained doing this poorly?

Has anyone else been retained doing this poorly?

I'm not interested in actually debating this any further, we've beaten that horse to death. At this point it seems pretty clear the direction the organization is going, so it's pointless.

But my immediate response to your question is to ask the following:
Has anyone else been brought in to clean up such a cluster **** that this organization was in 2010?

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the hate Shanahan had for Haynesworth he's doing well using his style in order to get out of a contract and still get the money.

As much as Snyder would hate to pay him for not coaching next year it would cost 10x more to keep him in the job because nobody is going to watch another season of this garbage.

As much as Snyder would hate to pay him for not coaching next year it would cost 10x more to keep him in the job because nobody is going to watch another season of this garbage.

Actually - I think Snyder makes his money almost regardless of how bad the team is. A ton of stadium tickets are season ticket holders so Snyder gets their money up front. Sure he'd lose some on concessions, parking, etc... If the Redskins suck in coming years, but let's face it - we're all suckers. Every year we convince ourselves that 'this is the year we turn it all around and become a consistent winner'. We'll keep dumping money into Snyder's pockets. It's the only thing that's ever for sure with this franchise.

I'll be curious to see if Snyder's anger at screwing up another coaching choice trumps his love of the almighty dollar. All logic says Shanahan shouldn't be back but I won't be shocked if he returns. Snyder may love the Redskins but I'm skeptical he tosses millions out the window.

One thing I am really sick and tired of hearing is how we should keep Shanahan or be afraid to see him go because of the specter of Steve Spurrier and Vinny Cerrato.

Just because someone else failed at another time doesn't alibi this team's failures.

The Redskins are set to tie the record for the WORST season since the merger in 1970 for wins.

Some of you guys are talking about hitting rock bottom.

We are already there :laugh:

I'm not interested in actually debating this any further, we've beaten that horse to death. At this point it seems pretty clear the direction the organization is going, so it's pointless.

But my immediate response to your question is to ask the following:
Has anyone else been brought in to clean up such a cluster **** that this organization was in 2010?

Yes...Joe Gibbs was brought in to clean up after Spurrier's mess which was pretty friggin bad!

Some of you guys are talking about hitting rock bottom.

We are already there :laugh:

Denial is a terrible thing. Only in DC would 24-39 be considered good enough to stay the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.