• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Screw you Mike Shannahan!

I'm bringing my son up for this one. I'm hoping a) not to freeze our asses off, and b) that the Redskins show up and at least play competitively.

He's a great kid - he just never got the obsession like his Dad has. Then again, when I was his age, I followed the Skins but wasn't a fanatic. So there's hope :)

That's one of the things I hate about losing. It gives us too much time to cannibalize each other. If the Redskins won consistently, we'd find much much more to agree upon...

This is not what a rebuilding team looks like. This is what a typical Redskin team looks like.

This team looks exactly like it has for the past decade. A nice streak of wins here and there, and then nothing for long stretches. This season looks a lot like '08. Some unexpected wins early and then the team settles into the excruciating practice of slowly bleeding out. This loss to the Giants looks no different that a half dozen other losses to them over the past few years.

That said, I don't see a point in replacing Shanahan or even Haslett right now. They should at least be given the chance to clean the mess up, even if the preliminary effort looks, well, not good.

Honestly, I'm starting to think this team won't go anywhere as long as Snyder owns the team. The way this team still plays and the way the front office still refused to take the draft seriously, I am finding it harder and harder to believe Snyder is sitting back doing nothing.

Maybe this offseason will prove me wrong. That's pretty much all I have to hang my hat on at this point.

yup!

the irony is that they are gonna have to continue past practices and wade deep into the FA pool this off-season. this franchise simply isn't going to be built for sustained excellence. it will always be reaching for the quick hit....at least for as long as Danny is around. cuz they will never suck it up and absorb 2-3 yrs of 1-15/3-13 to rebuild the whole dang thing from square one.

That's one of the things I hate about losing. It gives us too much time to cannibalize each other. If the Redskins won consistently, we'd find much much more to agree upon...

funny how that works.

yup!

the irony is that they are gonna have to continue past practices and wade deep into the FA pool this off-season. this franchise simply isn't going to be built for sustained excellence. it will always be reaching for the quick hit....at least for as long as Danny is around. cuz they will never suck it up and absorb 2-3 yrs of 1-15/3-13 to rebuild the whole dang thing from square one.

Well, not necessarily. We don't have to sign big name free agents. We can sign younger guys who fit our systems. That's not a bad thing. I don't think using free agency to build your roster is a problem. It's only a problem when you use free agency only to sign big names. Sure, you may snag a big name here and there, but you need to build a young nucleus through free agency as well as the draft.

Well, not necessarily. We don't have to sign big name free agents. We can sign younger guys who fit our systems. That's not a bad thing. I don't think using free agency to build your roster is a problem. It's only a problem when you use free agency only to sign big names. Sure, you may snag a big name here and there, but you need to build a young nucleus through free agency as well as the draft.

completely agree, what im more worried about tbh, is that we will do the same thing we did this free agency and not sign the best available young guys because we dont want people to think we are the same old skins. this roster has too many gaping holes to not get every available upgrade.

does that mean panick and sign everyone? no, but it means we gotta do our due dilligence and honestly look at everyone.

I'm bringing my son up for this one. I'm hoping a) not to freeze our asses off, and b) that the Redskins show up and at least play competitively.

My son and I went to couple games this year. He is as passionate about the Redskins as I am.

The other day he said I'm 19 and hope to see the Redskins in the playoffs one more time in my lifetime. This about broke my heart. Here is a young person that honestly loves his team more than those we are all writing about.

Reminds me...got to remove the 'Hail To The Redskins' horn you gave him from his Ranger to put on his new truck.

cheaper generally = less talented. only gets you so far.

cheaper generally = less talented. only gets you so far.

Or unproven. It's not always the case. And by the way... Cheaper can mean anything. I'm referring to cheaper in terms of contracts versus big name free agents. Not scrap heap cheap.

My son and I went to couple games this year. He is as passionate about the Redskins as I am.

The other day he said I'm 19 and hope to see the Redskins in the playoffs one more time in my lifetime. This about broke my heart. Here is a young person that honestly loves his team more than those we are all writing about.

Reminds me...got to remove the 'Hail To The Redskins' horn you gave him from his Ranger to put on his new truck.

That thing is cool, isn't it? Park City Skins and I had a blast all the way to D.C. one year to see the Dallas game. We'd sneak up behind Cowboy's fan cars and let 'er rip :)

In order to come out of the other side of the tunnel the Redskins need to clean house and start moving toward the light :)

We need to quit pretending we can plug and play with guys who drive on bald tires and move 'em off the roster.

Will it make the team 4-12 again? Probably.

But that is what needs to happen.

2012 is the first year the Redskins will again have a full draft of picks since 2002.

It would be of great use to the team to finish high up enough that those picks in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 are at the top of the round and we can really start to bring in some blue chip prospects.

I am not averse to signing mid-tier free agents to cover some gaps. But they have to be under 30 and capable of being a part of the team here for 3-4 years.

No more one year deals for guys that are 33-34 years old and are coming off season-ending injuries.

We need younger, healthier players.

If Allen and Shanahan aren't willing to tell Snyder the truth about what it is going to take to put a real winner on the field, then we are going to be caught in a loop of continuing to market 32 and 33 year old players like McNabb.

In order to come out of the other side of the tunnel the Redskins need to clean house and start moving toward the light :)

We need to quit pretending we can plug and play with guys who drive on bald tires and move 'em off the roster.

Will it make the team 4-12 again? Probably.

But that is what needs to happen.

2012 is the first year the Redskins will again have a full draft of picks since 2002.

It would be of great use to the team to finish high up enough that those picks in Rounds 1, 2 and 3 are at the top of the round and we can really start to bring in some blue chip prospects.

I am not averse to signing mid-tier free agents to cover some gaps. But they have to be under 30 and capable of being a part of the team here for 3-4 years.

No more one year deals for guys that are 33-34 years old and are coming off season-ending injuries.

We need younger, healthier players.

If Allen and Shanahan aren't willing to tell Snyder the truth about what it is going to take to put a real winner on the field, then we are going to be caught in a loop of continuing to market 32 and 33 year old players like McNabb.

yea man...preaching to the choir.

but what if Shanahan's timeframe is also very short-term?

Then if his plan was to turn over this team to his son, he's screwing him over.

why would he care? if the goal is short-term turn-around for a championship run rather than building a solid base.....it's easy to believe a job will be waiting some place else.

Because he's his son and he wants to set him up for success?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.