• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rest In Peace Dwayne Haskins

I guess the mourning period is over and it’s hot take time. Suddenly Schefter’s tweet doesn’t look so bad now that more people are coming out of the wooodwork to give dumb opinions. This reminds me of Mike Wilbon’s rant on Sean Taylor after he was murdered. People just want to connect dots that aren’t there to somehow appear smarter than they are. All they are really doing is showing themselves as fools.

I’ve definitely gone from sad to angry over this situation. We still don’t even know all the facts. We may never know them all. This man has family left behind and grieving, friends grieving, even random message board idiots like myself who are sad over this. Yet we have geniuses willing to go on record saying that him leaving school too early was why he died.

Last edited:
Just blown away by the news. Such a shame, God bless and God speed young man.

So people get upset about Shefter's tweet because why? Is it in accurate? The panty police in an uproar cuz their self righteous feelings are hurt because again heaven forbid anyone state the facts. He was a barely known football player and the only reason anyone cares is because he was a football player, to mention his talents or lack thereof gives context to those who don't know who he is, it is part of the story. Best to his family but can't say I'm perturbed because someone mentioned he "struggled" as a NFL'er.

What is Haskins known for in the NFL?

He's not a father, he's not even a husband. While I get it may be insensitive, we all know Adam is correct here. Facts don't care about someone's feelings.

Haskins did struggle. He was struggling all the way up until this unfortunate accident. That's not mean. It's just true.
Common sense and an ounce of compassion goes a long way when reporting a horrible accidenct where a human lost his life. You don't write negative bullcrap in a death announcement. Schefter is a POS. Just because something is "true," using a little discernment in life makes more respectable human beings. People who don't have that sensitivity chip are POS humans IMO.

RIP Mr. Haskins Jr. My heart goes out to his loved ones dealing with unimaginable pain right now.

Common sense and an ounce of compassion goes a long way when reporting a horrible accidenct where a human lost his life. You don't write negative bullcrap in a death announcement. Schefter is a POS. Just because something is "true," using a little discernment in life makes more respectable human beings. People who don't have that sensitivity chip are POS humans IMO.
It's not negative, it's a fact. He didn't write about how bad of a fuck up he was, just that he struggled. Which he did. A lot.

If you're calling me a POS I will just laugh. It's been a long time since we talked and I'm sure you and I shouldn't have it out in a public forum. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue on with this.

Outside of that, I've stopped commenting on schefter but others seem to want to continue it. Kind of hypocritical of those who do it.

Schefter’s comment on the surface was pretty tame. But for those who are active on social media, it’s like the 5th Schefter tweet he’s had to delete or apologize for in the past few months. That’s the context within which he is getting criticized. And then there is Gil Brandt who is likely done after his likely race-based idiot comments yesterday.

I’ll ask again. Kid is dead at 24. How ****ing hard is it to wait 24 hrs before making negative comments about him? Not very is the answer. But yeah, it’s the folks who didn’t care for it that are the problem, not the insensitive folks who can’t help themselves.

So, it's a timing issue? If I had waited 23 hours and 15 minutes longer there wouldn't be this conversation?

When did we become a society that decides who gets to speak an opinion and who is supposed to do whatever you tell them? To tell me not to comment on something someone else posted but continue to go on yourself? How is that right?

Schefter posted what we all know is true. He didn't make it about his family, he didn't make it about his friendliness. He posted about his sports career and what was true about it. Sucks it's that, but it's the truth. He didn't mention any specifics.

You’re right. I shouldn’t have told you not to comment. Are you all unfamiliar with the idea that not choosing the day of a tragic death to comment on the victims shortcomings? It’s pretty much universally accepted as good form. It’s also just basic human courtesy and respect. Can and should are should are two different things.

You’re right. I shouldn’t have told you not to comment. Are you all unfamiliar with the idea that not choosing the day of a tragic death to comment on the victims shortcomings? It’s pretty much universally accepted as good form. It’s also just basic human courtesy and respect. Can and should are should are two different things.
I appreciate that. I am familiar with it, and I usually practice it myself. My issue was with the athletes who went after schefter. Where were they when he was having the issues we all know about? Did any of them intervene and try to get him straight? Ron's comment was just coach speak and maybe some regret, but he didn't do anything to help him. He went to Pittsburgh and had the exact same issues.

I'm very sorry he's dead. I don't wish that upon many people....and none for just being messed up. But, "struggled" causing the commotion it did is just a bunch of spoiled athletes who did nothing to help prevent this from happening chirping after it's over

Terry's comments are the ones that hurt. If anyone was as close to him as a brother I believe it's him.

This is such sad news. It was my wife that brought Schefter's original tweet to my attention yesterday when it first popped up in her feed (she has notifications for all that stuff!).
I honestly had a double take moment where I was like... "Dwayne Haskins, our old QB Dwayne Haskins?"
And I'll admit that my first reaction to the tweet was... "Bit harsh!"

I know there's nothing inaccurate or untrue about the tweet, but it's just negative. And under these circumstances, feels like you need to open with a positive. Look back on what the kid accomplished.

There's a ton of things that could have been said that were positives about his life. 1st round draft pick. Broke records at Ohio State. Whatever. Even just simply saying 'Former Washington starting QB, and current Steeler..." isn't a lie.
Just getting into the NFL is rarified air. How many college players don't make it?

Just seemed a little insensitive.

Plus, his struggles in the NFL have been debated to death since he was drafted. Did we REALLY need to be reminded of it within MINUTES of his actual death?
Do we really need to talk about it ever again?

Kid is tragically killed before his life got going. Celebrate what he did RIGHT, not what he did wrong.

This is such sad news. It was my wife that brought Schefter's original tweet to my attention yesterday when it first popped up in her feed (she has notifications for all that stuff!).
I honestly had a double take moment where I was like... "Dwayne Haskins, our old QB Dwayne Haskins?"
And I'll admit that my first reaction to the tweet was... "Bit harsh!"

I know there's nothing inaccurate or untrue about the tweet, but it's just negative. And under these circumstances, feels like you need to open with a positive. Look back on what the kid accomplished.

There's a ton of things that could have been said that were positives about his life. 1st round draft pick. Broke records at Ohio State. Whatever. Even just simply saying 'Former Washington starting QB, and current Steeler..." isn't a lie.
Just getting into the NFL is rarified air. How many college players don't make it?

Just seemed a little insensitive.

Plus, his struggles in the NFL have been debated to death since he was drafted. Did we REALLY need to be reminded of it within MINUTES of his actual death?
Do we really need to talk about it ever again?

Kid is tragically killed before his life got going. Celebrate what he did RIGHT, not what he did wrong.

On that very well said note, let's celebrate some of his play on the field. We will start with his college career. Share other memories or moments as you see fit :)

RIP, Dwayne.

It's crazy to say now, bit that kid was better than the Joe burrow at one point. And it wasn't a fluke.

He was a gunslinger with a cannon for an arm.

Saw a podcast with Ryan Leaf a couple weeks ago and he stated that the biggest mistake he made was leaving school early for the draft, Dwayne seems like it could've been a similar thing, get a little more maturity under your belt before jumping into the NFL circus.

I remain curious to why exactly he was walking on the highway, I've seen nothing confirmed yet.

Dwayne's first NFL win. I remember there was a lot of criticism at the time for the selfie, but looking back, he reminds us that these guys are all kids at heart, playing a game they love for fun. It was great to see the excitement and feeling of accomplishment he experienced in that moment after Fabian Moreau intercepted the Lions to seal the win.

RIP, Dwayne.

download.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.