• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Rest In Peace Dwayne Haskins

Saw a podcast with Ryan Leaf a couple weeks ago and he stated that the biggest mistake he made was leaving school early for the draft, Dwayne seems like it could've been a similar thing, get a little more maturity under your belt before jumping into the NFL circus.

I remain curious to why exactly he was walking on the highway, I've seen nothing confirmed yet.
The only data point I thought I saw was that one of the Steelers tweeted something about how he was with him in his last moments and at that time he was looking out for others like always. Paraphrased, but that is what I recall seeing. So, maybe he was with some buddies and they had car trouble, and he got out to try to figure something out. That was my guess without anything else to go on.

Yeah - who knows what lead him to being where he was, when he was. Let's be honest - most of us are lucky to have survived our life decisions, we've all made less than ideal decisions at times in our lives and gotten away with it over and over again. Just in the wrong place, at the wrong time, making the wrong decision. So tough. We will all die. We're here for a flash in time. But what will never be for him and his family is the hard part to accept.

I agree with you there. I just hate people saying "he was a great kid with so much to offer" but yet when he had troubles did nothing to help him outright. The whole acting like you cared so much when your actions when he was around always bugs me.

If you see your friend having problems, pull them aside and talk to them. Help them. I know I've been sat down by men I respected and checked on my bullshit and was thankful for it once the attitude of it wore off. That's the person who's opinion I respect.

I guess my question is - how would we know what his personal relationships were? And who’s saying he was having problems - of any kind? Not being good enough to be an NFL starter doesn’t constitute a ‘problem’…

You can be a worthy human being and fail. At his age I’d blown a full college scholarship and my Dad wouldn’t speak to me. That wasn’t the end of the story.

By looking at his history of actions and how they changed over the course of being around these people.

They saw his issues just like everyone outside yet you never heard "Joe haden steps in to help Haskins" or anything along those lines. Ron Rivera and Dan Snyder really didn't have any room to speak and it sounded like coach speak.

Maybe I'm jaded and see things more cynically.

That’s how you apologize.

Well, that’s a hell of a thing. I was still kinda watching his career from afar, wondering if the Steelers could turn him into a reliable QB. I’m sorry we won’t ever get to find out. 24 is so young. Very sad.

What a click-bait headline. So, a guy witnessed him stepping out into the highway in the moments before he got hit. That constitutes ‘very disturbing details’??? Literally not a significant new detail in it. Just that someone saw him stepping onto the highway.

If you don't think a guy walking out on a freeway with several cars having the swerve to avoid him is disturbing that's ok.

There is no reason he should have been crossing a busy freeway or even out there walking. Out of gas? Call an Uber or tow truck. Call a friend. But, it's very disturbing to think he was stepping out there when there were cars driving by him at freeway speeds

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that Haskins was in the car alone, or if another teammate was with him ?
I could imagine if it was the latter, the teammate may not want to speak publicly this early, which would explain the lack of details, but perhaps eventually would do so, and offer more details. But I'm guessing he was alone.
The part of that story where the witness claimed he raised up his arms, just brings up even more questions.
The witness claiming he didn't see a car stopped nearby, also raises more questions.

Last edited:
I dont think ANYTHING has been confirmed. There has been a lot of conspicuous silence...

As far as "disturbing" goes, according to the eyewitness accounts, and the time stamp on his phone, the witness called 911 to report Haskins in the middle of a lane, and that was at 6:31
The accident occurred at 6:37.
Based on that information, he was wandering on the road at least a full 6 minutes before being struck. Maybe even longer
Putting yourself in that position for 6 minutes seems kind of disturbing.

Plus, factor in whatever amount of time it took the witness, to make the decision to call, and then get his phone and call 911, from the time he witnessed that.

Last edited:
If you don't think a guy walking out on a freeway with several cars having the swerve to avoid him is disturbing that's ok.

There is no reason he should have been crossing a busy freeway or even out there walking. Out of gas? Call an Uber or tow truck. Call a friend. But, it's very disturbing to think he was stepping out there when there were cars driving by him at freeway speeds

I wasn’t criticizing you for posting it - obviously. There are only 2 possibilities when someone is hot and killed by a vehicle though, right? Either they were in the road or the vehicle left the road. I don’t think that article told us much that we didn’t already know.

As far as "disturbing" goes, according to the eyewitness accounts, and the time stamp on his phone, the witness called 911 to report Haskins in the middle of a lane, and that was at 6:31
The accident occurred at 6:37.
Based on that information, he was wandering on the road at least a full 6 minutes before being struck. Maybe even longer
Putting yourself in that position for 6 minutes seems kind of disturbing.

Plus, factor in whatever amount of time it took the witness, to make the decision to call, and then get his phone and call 911, from the time he witnessed that.

You guys are easily disturbed, lol. From the title I was expecting to hear Haskins had 4 times the legal limit of alcohol in his system, or that he knowingly stepped into the path of a vehicle intentionally. So, for me, the headline is pretty sensationistic.

I wasn’t criticizing you for posting it - obviously. There are only 2 possibilities when someone is hot and killed by a vehicle though, right? Either they were in the road or the vehicle left the road. I don’t think that article told us much that we didn’t already know.
It did in my opinion. I get that people want to reflect on what a great kid he was, but there is another side of this too.

This could be he was impaired and wandered on to the freeway. Or, it could be suicide. Both are very disturbing if true. We shouldn't ignore one portion just because it's "too soon".

No one said a thing about too soon. I just think ‘he waved his arms’ and ‘he was walking in a lane’ fall pretty short of some shocking revelation.

A man wandering in to oncoming traffic at 630 in the morning with no car in sight waving his arms is very disturbing to me. Especially in this day and age where you don't need to leave your car even to make s phone call.

It's all just very odd, walking on the highway, waiving at oncoming traffic on a stretch of road where 70mph is the normal when it's dark at 6:30 in the morning is just so odd. We have road rangers that patrol the roads for flats, out of gas, jump start type stuff, now would he know the number probably not but google exists and I'm guessing he had a phone, or could've called his insurance for a tow etc. Just all very odd to me.

We have road rangers that patrol the roads for flats, out of gas, jump start type stuff, now would he know the number probably not but google exists and I'm guessing he had a phone, or could've called his insurance for a tow etc. Just all very odd to me.

The fact that no car was seen nearby, makes me ask, where and how far away was his car located ? Or whether he even got to that place by car ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.