• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Redskins owner Snyder unhappy with McNabb fiasco

Im stunned that they not only bench McNabb but then make him go out there for the coin flip. If I was him I would have told both of them to go **** themselves.
Earlier in the season, Shanny explained how the captains were all chosen by mid-season, and that they would remain captains until the end of the year.

You are assuming that they "made him" go out for the coin toss. For all we know, they offered him the out, and he still CHOSE to go out there. We just don't know yet, do we?

Earlier in the season, Shanny explained how the captains were all chosen by mid-season, and that they would remain captains until the end of the year.

You are assuming that they "made him" go out for the coin toss. For all we know, they offered him the out, and he still CHOSE to go out there. We just don't know yet, do we?

hmmmm....give him snaps with the first team O most of the week, let him find out from the media....but be principled enough to make an offer on the coin toss? sounds problematic to me.

hmmmm....give him snaps with the first team O most of the week, let him find out from the media....but be principled enough to make an offer on the coin toss? sounds problematic to me.
Hell, Mother Teresa being a kind old lady sounds problematic to you.

jk, of course, ole buddy. I'm just saying, for now, we don't really know.

From the reports I read Snyder was out of the country. I guess his commitment to being a lifelong Redskins fan ended with the chance to take a trip to be in better weather for the holidays. Missing a Cowboys game?

No matter what Cooke was doing (and he owned a lot more businesses than Snyder), he always showed up for the rivalry games in the NFC East.

Hell, Mother Teresa being a kind old lady sounds problematic to you.

jk, of course, ole buddy. I'm just saying, for now, we don't really know.

You're a mean one...Mr Grinch!!!!!

are you sure? they have so many holes what they have effectively done is stretch out the transition/rebuild (take your pick) a year or more.

This thing is so screwed up I don't think we're less than 3 years away from consistent competitiveness regardless of what they do. I don't like it, but that's the way it goes.

If Shanahan is canned after this season, I will have a very hard time watching next. I will. I always do. But same old Redskins, same old way of doing business is getting, well, old.

The hardest thing for me to understand about this whole McNabb benching thing was that they sent him out for the coin flip. That just makes no sense to me at all, but then there's been a few things that Shanny has done that I still don't understand.

I was really excited when the Skins hired Shanny, and I still think he's a great football coach, but some of his management decisions have been just baffling to me.

You wrote...

I wrote...
"
If Shannahan truly thinks that the 3-4 gives us the best chance to win he should be fired immediately and then punched in the face repeatedly because its rather obvious he isnt paying attention."

Then you wrote....

Ignoring the fact that it is what you said lets go forward,
you completely missed my point, Its worse if they ran it knowing that we didnt have the personnel for it, it shows that they don't understand one of the most basic tenets of football.

You dont run a scheme based on players you dont have. period. You dont run a scheme NOW with the players you have NOW to "get better for next year". Simply because the new players you have next year will for the most part be new in the system anyway BECAUSE THE PLAYERS YOU HAVE NOW DONT FIT THE SYSTEM YOU WANT TO RUN.

BASICALLY WE ARE WASTING TIME TEACHING THIS SCHEME TO A BUNCH OF GUYS WHO WONT BE HERE NEXT YEAR and ruining the value of the guys we will need to trade as well as putting them in bad spots. Instead of playing to the strengths of the players we have here NOW we are playing to the strengths of the guys we HOPE to bring in. and that frankly makes no sense at all. Worse yet we will get little to no value for the guys we do have so its a lose/lose situation.

Do you remember us trying to run Spurriers scheme? Do you recall the "leave your Otackles on an island and hope they block the ends with no help so we can get more receivers in space" philosophy? Do you recall watching painfully as guys like Jansen and Samuels who were at one time both very solid Olinemen, looked the worst they have ever looked in their careers? do you recall us flashing in spurts against certain teams but getting killed against others until Spurrier finally saw it wouldnt work?

Thats what this is, a coach forcing a stupid system that doesnt fit on players built to do something else BECAUSE A FORM OF IT WORKED SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Omni- I dont care what he said tbh or when he said it, He doesnt know what he is talking about when it comes to defence He has proven that over and over again.

The Stats show beyond doubt, that teams making the switch to the 3-4 with the right talent, IMPROVE on defence in the first year, (not most of them ALL OF THEM EXCEPT THE TEAMS THAT FAILED THE TRANSITION) thats why teams do it. TO GET BETTER NOW not to get better next year. You dont build your scheme around players you dont have. It really is that simple.

We got worse, and not by a little bit but by a whole lot. It doesn't in fact "take time" for a defence to gell, its not like offence that way, it takes the correct talent and fitting the scheme, and WE DON'T HAVE IT. arrrrgh lol

We get what you are saying but if you wait till you get all your players then you are going to have 3-4 guys playing in the 4-3 for a few years. So it makes more sense to switch now where some of these gusy will still be backups and know the system even better.

I dont get the manlove with Carter he is an average DE

This thing is so screwed up I don't think we're less than 3 years away from consistent competitiveness regardless of what they do. I don't like it, but that's the way it goes.

yea......while I don't see Shanny in the same light as JG....I will agree with others that this is mostly Snyder moves in the past coming home to roost.

let's just go through this now and get it done. my gripe is that they should be honest about it with the fans.

The hardest thing for me to understand about this whole McNabb benching thing was that they sent him out for the coin flip. That just makes no sense to me at all, but then there's been a few things that Shanny has done that I still don't understand.

Maybe it was the only part of the offense he had down:anonymous:

Stop casting doubt on Donovan!

There is no better quarterback in the NFL when it comes to aiming a ball at a player's cleats :D

I mean those balls are really, really close to hitting the top of those shoes.

Stop casting doubt on Donovan!

There is no better quarterback in the NFL when it comes to aiming a ball at a player's cleats :D

I mean those balls are really, really close to hitting the top of those shoes.

If we could only get him to raise his aim about 4 feet.....

Maybe it was the only part of the offense he had down:anonymous:
LOL, good thing they didn't let McNabb toss the coin or he would have thrown it right to 1 of the Cowboys.

I'm glad he got benched. I was against the the trade from the get go. I just thought sending him out there for the toss was a little over the top. lol

I'm glad he got benched. I was against the the trade from the get go. I just thought sending him out there for the toss was a little over the top. lol
On his radio show, he said he wanted to go out there for the coin toss, as he was still a team captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
On his radio show, he said he wanted to go out there for the coin toss, as he was still a team captain.

If this is reality then it should put the whole thing to rest. I thought it was much ado about nothing in the first place. I figured it was Shanahan's way of saying, "Hey, You are a vet who has earned respect. I would like to honor that by keeping you as a captain and sending you out for the toss."

Instead, the pundits ran with it to support the whole fiasco atmosphere the media created. But, it does seem to follow us around, so...

Jason Campbell showed professionalism too, he just didn't cut it. Is it too much to ask for a QB that can be good on the field as well as off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.